Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

drat that's some stiches. And he finished playing the game like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
How has Barron been for WPG? He was pretty hyped up (for a 3rd/4th liner) when he was in the Rangers system.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

How has Barron been for WPG? He was pretty hyped up (for a 3rd/4th liner) when he was in the Rangers system.

He's been pretty solid in that role this season. He seems like he can improve to a regular 3rd line NHLer. Not sure if he has 2nd line pedigree, but that would be great.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah, Crosby's line really had them hammered until something happened I don't recall what

neither does crosby

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

Wood should do an Avery is what I am hearing.

unironically yes. what's the point of that type of guy if he's not gonna do that? Everyone remembers the Avery Rule screening thing, but you can see in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZUmnyId3M

Avery is literally jumping on Marty's head, doing the ol' Chris Kreider "I hope I don't fall full speed at 25mph into this goalie--whoops!", getting in his face...that whole series and leading up to it in the season he was tilting the hell out of Marty. It played a big factor in the Rangers averaging like 4 goals a game in that 08 series.

I've said it before but I continue to be surprised that there aren't more pests in the game now that enforcers are basically gone. One of the limiting factors for pests in the past was that the refs were old school and would let actual enforcers beat the poo poo out of them to try and keep the game's temperature down (see McCarty-Lemieux). If someone today decided to play like an Avery, a Barnaby, a Tucker, Jarkko, Tikkanen, Claude Lemieux, it might have an even bigger impact than it did back then. Look at how our whole franchise freaked out when Tom Wilson went after Panarin. 10 years ago there was like the exact same situation with Carcillo going after Gaborik and it was handled the next game.

Marchand doesn't even really do it anymore, so it's like...the Tkachuks kinda, Perry kinda, Bunting kinda, Domi kinda. There's no one who's really world class at it like any of those guys above.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Patric Hornqvist was more valuable to the Penguins than most people including Penguins management ever understood, for exactly that reason. He was very much a blackbelt from the Tomas Holmstrom dojo. Not generalized pesting but specifically he annoyed the everfucking hell out of goalies.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

WeaponX posted:

PAS go to the loser thread plz

Something objectively wrong was posted but most importantly

Skanking in They Might be Giants You're not the boss of me now...you're not the boss of me now...

Besides the Rangers will be there soon enough.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And something objectively wrong keeps posting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hey gently caress off what did I ever do to you?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I enjoy hockey

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
just riding some good vibes, wanna watch this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFc3p82kUTg

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/daverandorf/status/1649179500150677505?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

Lightning are winning tonight for sure

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Something objectively wrong was posted but most importantly

Skanking in They Might be Giants You're not the boss of me now...you're not the boss of me now...

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Do you get a trophy for this?

Perhaps one you can put up next to the Billy Joel concerts?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Do you get a trophy for this?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
How'd the Rangers finish again last year? 28th year in a row with no cup? Yeah they had a great season though

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Sure maybe, but after a brief meltdown don’t expect me to be posting a year later about how they deserved to win because of some expected goals blob chart yadda yadda. If they don’t get it done this year, it’s because they didn’t get it done and all that matters in the end is who got to 4 wins first.

Now go get your shinebox and get back to the loser thread

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DAS have been downright fun/pleasant and its only been one game.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

WeaponX posted:

Sure maybe, but after a brief meltdown don’t expect me to be posting a year later about how they deserved to win because of some expected goals blob chart yadda yadda. If they don’t get it done this year, it’s because they didn’t get it done and all that matters in the end is who got to 4 wins first.

As a person who watched the 2009 SCF, wholeheartedly agree

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
can we please stop talking about the penguins.

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1649178974080122880?s=20

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

*frantically scanning the nhl rule book to retroactively grant the pens a round 1 win last year*

Ah, nuts.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

*frantically scanning the nhl rule book to retroactively grant the pens a round 1 win last year*

Ah, nuts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/67lfcg/should_the_nhl_have_the_hawks_and_preds_redo/

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

fartknocker posted:

How about both the Leafs and Bruins lose in the first round? That seems like it’d be the best and most entertaining for the largest number of people.

I'm here for Boston getting bounced, Toronto to win in a game 7, then getting swept by Florida. That way, we get more schadenfreude for Toronto fans and we bounce the Bruins AND the Bolts

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I personally think the vicious homophobes should not be rewarded.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

I can assure you at least one NHL team will win the cup.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

You are gonna have to be way more specific

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hasek pretty much single-handedly dragged the Sabres to the cup finals in 1999. Greatest goalie of all time, for sure. Don’t @ me.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hasek pretty much single-handedly dragged the Sabres to the cup finals in 1999. Greatest goalie of all time, for sure. Don’t @ me.

Sure, but how does he feel about his sister in-law?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

We beat the traffic early
:lol:

Gotta get 'cross da bridge

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'll tell you what I do love about NHL playoff scheduling, is when you turn in a game that's scheduled to start at 730 and find out lol, jk, it's really going to start at 815.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's annoying but... it's been that way for years? It shouldn't really come as a surprise anymore. Like someone said upthread it's like going to a movie at the advertised start time and being surprised that there are 25 minutes of ads before the movie actually starts. If you've ever been to a movie before and you don't want to see the ads, you know to show up 25 minutes after start time.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Id like the period breaks shortened too. That plus puck drop at the right time would be good.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Toronto Maple Leafs lead on aggregate.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Well it's even better when I tune back in at 8 and find the game already 7 minutes in.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

The Toronto Maple Leafs lead on aggregate.

Vasilevski is guaranteed to finish the series with a GAA above 1.

there will not be any overtime games

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/LeafsJelly/status/1649228734363303938

Good clean fight from both players. Lmao to whatever drunk guy in the crowd got Tampa all worked up

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Arabian Jesus posted:

https://twitter.com/LeafsJelly/status/1649228734363303938

Good clean fight from both players. Lmao to whatever drunk guy in the crowd got Tampa all worked up

Really good fight, and as I said in the GDT you don't see many fights in the playoffs, so it was a nice treat.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Playoff hockey owns even though I don't understand any of the strategy or know any of the players or even have a basic comprehension of hockey rules!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpcYAvvYLFI

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Not that the lineup matters too much if the Devils are going to play like that, but they've been at their best, shockingly, when they have the puck so ideally you'd want to put players in the lineup who like to have it and hold on to it. I'd consider Siegenthaler and Luke Hughes for Smith/Graves, but I highly doubt they'll do that (one of them should be coming in though, most likely Siegenthaler). Boqvist should be back in for Wood. There should be real consideration to Schmid as the starter, not that Vanecek was the problem in game two but he was bad in game one and ultimately collapsed when the Rangers really took over game in two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

trilljester posted:

Really good fight, and as I said in the GDT you don't see many fights in the playoffs, so it was a nice treat.

Ovechkin's brutal beatdown of Svechnikov was in the playoffs I'm pretty sure