Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Are the Costco car batteries good? My battery is getting to an age where I'd like to proactively replace it.

They're just Interstate batteries. I replaced mine with one of their AGM ones and it has been great!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Dropped $800 today.

I hate being an adult.

The big price was largely due to my wife wanting airpods and also me ransacking the seasonal section for grass seed, lawn fertilizer, weed killer, a collapsible wagon, and a few ther expensive things that I was going to buy at Home Depot but decided to save the trip.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mons Hubris posted:

May we see the video please

Walmart had it taken down

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i bought blackout blinds so i can get blackout drunk in my home office POSTING CHAMBER this weekend and not be disturbed by pesky sneaky sunlight

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Are the Costco car batteries good? My battery is getting to an age where I'd like to proactively replace it.

I've always done well with the cheapest Walmart batteries (the 2/3/4 year warranty batteries are all identical, you're just paying for extra warranty support essentially) and you can actually get the core charge refunded if you go right to customer support and tell them you're not replacing a battery and are simply buying one for something that didn't have it.

Apples to apples right now, Walmart's Class 65 battery is $99.76 and Costco's is $154.99. Again, the Walmart warranty is 2-year while Costco's warranty is 4-year free replacement and 100 months prorated, but hey, it's lead and acid. They're a commodity and unless you do something horrible each is gonna make it for 5-ish years if you're not deep cycling them.

Fun fact, lead acid batteries are the most recycled item in the US (by weight lol)

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

the kirkland kettle pink Himalayan salt chips are so god drat good

PBUC

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I impulse bought a box of the “sandwich bros” chicken melts with cheese. Will I regret?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They aren't great. Pretty much tastes exactly as good as you'd think they would

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

EVG posted:

I impulse bought a box of the “sandwich bros” chicken melts with cheese. Will I regret?

I really like them. Theyre not amazingly delicious, but theyre convenient and a good thing to eat if youre really busy or stoned.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

I've always done well with the cheapest Walmart batteries (the 2/3/4 year warranty batteries are all identical, you're just paying for extra warranty support essentially) and you can actually get the core charge refunded if you go right to customer support and tell them you're not replacing a battery and are simply buying one for something that didn't have it.

Apples to apples right now, Walmart's Class 65 battery is $99.76 and Costco's is $154.99. Again, the Walmart warranty is 2-year while Costco's warranty is 4-year free replacement and 100 months prorated, but hey, it's lead and acid. They're a commodity and unless you do something horrible each is gonna make it for 5-ish years if you're not deep cycling them.

Fun fact, lead acid batteries are the most recycled item in the US (by weight lol)

I was already at Costco and I'm not sure where the nearest Walmart is from me. Battery was only 109 which seemed pretty reasonable.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I was already at Costco and I'm not sure where the nearest Walmart is from me. Battery was only 109 which seemed pretty reasonable.

Extrapolating from your avatar and gang tag, you'd want to go to the Walmart Super Center in Saugus. Traffic down Route 1 is manageable.

That area is kinda blessed for value because you've got not only the Walmart, but also Ocean State Job Lot, Harbor Freight, and a military surplus store all 1000 ft from each other. And two Costcos both 15 minutes in either direction (Everett and Danvers)

Heffer
May 1, 2003

EVG posted:

If you're borderline alcoholic, nothing is better at 2am. hth

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EVG posted:

They're fine it's a shame they don't carry the sausage or hamburger ones.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Zero VGS posted:

it's true, the ocean is the most efficient recycling processor there is.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I really like them. Theyre not amazingly delicious, but theyre convenient and a good thing to eat if youre really busy or stoned.

Thanks- that’s exactly what I was hoping for.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Dick Fontaine posted:

gently caress yes, get you one of those 14” Winco Carbon Steel Woks

They are crazy legit. Straight up what they use at Chinese restaurants. Only like $15 or something at the business center.

It’s a curved one so depending on your setup you may need to get a wok mon or butane stove but it’s so worth it. A real joy to cook with.

We have a business center in Seattle too but I've never been. What's worthwhile there? What else is worthwhile there for non-businesses?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I bought a bottle of this stuff the other day on a whim because the spirit of Costco guided me and drat it is delicious. Currently using it in a steak marinade for shish kabobs, not really sure what else to do with it so I might just try pouring it on everything.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

How is it different from us bbq sauce? Would it be good for dippin nuggies?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wendigee posted:

How is it different from us bbq sauce? Would it be good for dippin nuggies?

I’m gonna guess it’s more runny.

It’s probably hella good for dipping.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Yeah it’s got a bit more of a teriyaki kinda flavor and a bit more runny than your average sweeet baby rays or w/e

poo poo is great tho definitely cop it

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Friend posted:

I bought a bottle of this stuff the other day on a whim because the spirit of Costco guided me and drat it is delicious. Currently using it in a steak marinade for shish kabobs, not really sure what else to do with it so I might just try pouring it on everything.

this stuffs good but the bottle sucks, the stupid little flake things get caught in the nozzle all the loving time

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Friend posted:

i use it as marinade mostly but also put this over white rice

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
It's a great dip for Bibigo pot stickers.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

#CostcoDecisions

I bought both

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

#CostcoDecisions

I bought both

The adobadas chips are pretty good

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

been drinkin' the canned coldbrew on the regular lately. its good.

hell yeah

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The adobadas chips are pretty good

Are the Utz Grillo's Pickle chips any good? I fear they'll do the same thing basically every dill pickle chip does, and go SO drat HEAVY on the dill, and then if there IS any other flavor, its an afterthought at best. A tiny hint of vinegar.

Does no one at these factories know that the VINEGAR is really the star of the show in a pickle? Basically, just take you're existing salt and vinegar chips, and add dill TO that exact recipe, and maybe some garlic powder, too.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Those Island Way Sorbets are fun and really good - the whole box disappeared within just a couple days.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DrBouvenstein posted:

Are the Utz Grillo's Pickle chips any good? I fear they'll do the same thing basically every dill pickle chip does, and go SO drat HEAVY on the dill, and then if there IS any other flavor, its an afterthought at best. A tiny hint of vinegar.

Does no one at these factories know that the VINEGAR is really the star of the show in a pickle? Basically, just take you're existing salt and vinegar chips, and add dill TO that exact recipe, and maybe some garlic powder, too.

No idea about the UTZ chips since I’ve never had them but Grillos pickles have a lot of dill flavor so I’m assuming that’ll carry over to the chips.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I think they're pretty good but I prefer the flavor and crunch of Tims.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Taima posted:

We have a business center in Seattle too but I've never been. What's worthwhile there? What else is worthwhile there for non-businesses?

In the abstract, if you think about what your local small deli or convenience store stocks, or what a restaurant kitchen wants in bulk, it's there. Maybe you really need 5 pounds of cottage cheese?

So there's a lot of things you can probably skip - individually wrapped things for resale, literally a deep fryer for your restaurant kitchen, a stick blender the length of your entire torso, takeout boxes, etc. But there's some areas where they just have an expanded selection over regular Costco - drinks is probably the most obvious, like 15 kinds of Monster alone and then wider supplies of other things. Frozen has quite a few items that your regular Costco probably doesn't - 8 pound bags of frozen tater tots. Half a goat. Whatever!

I'd say it's worth going once to see what they have and get a feel for the place. I go to mine rarely but I like having it as an option.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Chinatown posted:

been drinkin' the canned coldbrew on the regular lately. its good.

One of a handful of 'Co items I can't buy because I'll eat/drink them all within like two days of getting home. I can't resist their siren song

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Tims.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Taima posted:

We have a business center in Seattle too but I've never been.
Where at? I'm not seeing it on their map/list of locations...

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Taima posted:

You can browse through inventory on their website.

If you're in the area its worth walking through at least once. They tend to have a lot of random stuff that I find useful when I walk through. Since they're targeting businesses pricing tends to be much more aggressive than consumer stores, including normal Costco. For example, I used to buy a lot of port spare ribs. At regular Costco they were $2.99/lb and at Business Costco the exact same package used to be ~$1.75/lb (post pandemic its gone up to just over $2/lb).

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BeastOfExmoor posted:

You can browse through inventory on their website.

If you're in the area its worth walking through at least once. They tend to have a lot of random stuff that I find useful when I walk through. Since they're targeting businesses pricing tends to be much more aggressive than consumer stores, including normal Costco. For example, I used to buy a lot of port spare ribs. At regular Costco they were $2.99/lb and at Business Costco the exact same package used to be ~$1.75/lb (post pandemic its gone up to just over $2/lb).

Is that inventory accurate? The normal costco store website is dogshit for trying to find in stock items.

From a quick check I will say that getting the 2 pack of Tramontina nonstick skillets for $22 is an insane deal and literally better then any comparable option for getting skillets, including trying to find a decent one from a thrift store since they are usually $10 or more now.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 21, 2023

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

bizwank posted:

Where at? I'm not seeing it on their map/list of locations...

Er i mean its in Lynwood. Seattle adjacent?

Thanks for the tips Beast!

I am actually posting from the Co in lake stevens right now i got new tires and my dudes they are taking loving forever mate. I spent $500 just like buying poo poo im so bored help

They had a giant jar of black truffles with a truffle shaver for $19 on clearance so i got one 🤨

Taima fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 21, 2023

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Taima posted:

It's kind of like a cross between a restaurant supply store and a costco and a wholesale food supplier. Do you want a 50 pack of metal forks? A 60 cup rice maker? Every style of paper towel, trash liners, candy, soda, bucket of mayonnaise? 2 quarts of guacamole? Half a goat?

If you find yourself with the free time it's definitely worth a trip just for the mental imagery of knowing where to go for something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Tims.

https://www.costco.com/tim's-cascade-potato-chips-variety-pack%2C-1.5-oz%2C-30-count.product.100447346.html

But especially the jalapeño