Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ArmZ posted:

thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

the people have spoken

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

personally i feel like this is 25% psyop, 75% the air force is filled with redditors who are like that normally

Eglin AFB in particular is/was the home of JSOC's cyber/internet warfare arm IIRC. Probably need to flip the %s.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Xaris posted:

being an IK has scrambled mr hoots brains :smith:

changed a wholesome weed thread into one about how much he loved hitler and then locked it :confused:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Xaris posted:

the last youngest person to join SA was hbag and look at how that turned out lol

How'd that turn out? Isn't he a big youtube dude? But not evil? I dunno

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Frosted Flake becoming a C-spam mascot for his thousands of stupid and wrong posts in the Ukraine War thread won't turn out well. Forum cults of personality never, ever, turn out well

lol @ your posts whining about tankies in gbs.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Rocco yelling SPUNKY voice: TANK-IES!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Xaris posted:

the last youngest person to join SA was hbag and look at how that turned out lol

Hey now I'm 26 and I'm a very good poster tyvm

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

captainbananas posted:

Eglin AFB in particular is/was the home of JSOC's cyber/internet warfare arm IIRC. Probably need to flip the %s.

plus several other cyber wings. Does it sit over a transatlantic cable or something?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tik tock
https://twitter.com/MacroAlf/status/1649163781887361032?t=jh22DIPBeo-ZW2m0u3ZTzg&s=19
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1649373620412489731?t=gsuVBOmY8RSWiBr_JR_76A&s=19
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1649373437427589121?t=hwuw5qWvqZTjvTvF4mrUHQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1649373208598962176?t=pGUEBJEhr1djahI0vtC3Sw&s=19
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1649372927945498624?t=wz4OI_r7J-XDHplXDnJIJg&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

tristeham posted:

Thread title

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

the people have spoken

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tristeham posted:

I complained about the Ukraine war thread which at the time of that posting was full of some pretty heinous poo poo that it got hit for months later. I stand by everything I said in both threads including that the GBS thread went off the deep end after that and had to be reigned in.

It's okay to like a thread but having megathreaditis where a team develops to live it 24/7 and turn posters into it into cults of personality never works out. I also complained about the Coolzone pre-shooting and got roasted for spoiling everyones fun when i told the future shooter he probably shouldnt be goong to protests looking to shoot people after he had been shot for attacking someone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Why can't the youth of today engage in good healthy internet behaviour, like goatse, tubgirl, lemonparty or 2girls1cup?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

I complained about the Ukraine war thread which at the time of that posting was full of some pretty heinous poo poo that it got hit for months later. I stand by everything I said in both threads including that the GBS thread went off the deep end after that and had to be reigned in.

It's okay to like a thread but having megathreaditis where a team develops to live it 24/7 and turn posters into it into cults of personality never works out. I also complained about the Coolzone pre-shooting and got roasted for spoiling everyones fun when i told the future shooter he probably shouldnt be goong to protests looking to shoot people after he had been shot for attacking someone.

So you are predicting that a poster is going to go rogue and fire an artillery shell at the toe of a Ukrainian Nazi? I mean...it isn't impossible.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Posting about posters, always exciting

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Threap tiddle

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

FlapYoJacks posted:

Imagine how terrible being married to a CATO wife must be lmfao.

what kind of nerd has a cato wife when u could have a gato wife

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Good paper about price-gouging driving inflation is finally picking up some traction.

Paper:
https://twitter.com/IsabellaMWeber/status/1598897305880760321

recent coverage:
https://twitter.com/IsabellaMWeber/status/1649343936698150912
https://twitter.com/IsabellaMWeber/status/1649390148998627330

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the only "inflation" thats easing is the only one they want to ease and thats wages which havent kept up with the actual inflation

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Blackrock CEO and Chairman topping off his rainy day stash and reducing exposure to his own company

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1649392681406087169

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Follow me

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Buzzfeed take:

https://twitter.com/film_girl/status/1649079745479610373
https://twitter.com/film_girl/status/1649088734888067073

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Comrades, in the report of the Central Committee of the forum at the 20th Congress, in a number of speeches by delegates to the Congress, as also formerly during the plenary SAD/CSPAM sessions, quite a lot has been said about the theory of artillery and its application in the war in Ukraine and its consequences...

Allow me first of all to remind you how severely the classics of military science denounced every manifestation of ineffective artillery use. In a letter to the German military strategist, Wilhelm Bloss, Marx stated: "From my antipathy to any inefficient use of artillery, I never made public during the existence of the International the numerous addresses from various countries which recognized my merits and which annoyed me. I did not even reply to them, except sometimes to rebuke their authors. Engels and I first joined the secret society of military strategists on the condition that everything making for superstitious worship of artillery would be deleted from its statute...

The great modesty of the genius of the revolution, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, is known. Lenin had always stressed the role of the people as the creator of artillery doctrine and fires management, the directing and fire control role of the battery as a living and creative organism, and also the role of the central FDC/Arty Command Post.

Artillery theory does not negate the role of the leaders of the military in directing the revolutionary liberation movement.

While ascribing great importance to the role of the leaders and organizers of the masses, Lenin at the same time mercilessly stigmatized every manifestation of the inefficient use of artillery, inexorably combated the foreign-to-military science views about a "hero" and a "crowd" and countered all efforts to oppose a "hero" to the masses and to the people.

Lenin taught that the party's strength depends on its indissoluble unity with the masses, on the fact that behind the party follow the people - workers, peasants and intelligentsia. "Only he will win and retain the power," said Lenin, "who believes in the people, who submerges himself in the fountain of the living creativeness of the people.". . .”can call a time-on-target barrage”.

During Lenin's life, the centralized fire control at the brigade level was a real expression of collective leadership of the party and of the Nation. Being a militant Marxist-revolutionist, always unyielding in matters of principle, Lenin never imposed by force his views upon his coworkers. He tried to convince; he patiently explained his opinions to others…

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Rocco yelling SPUNKY voice: TANK-IES!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
From that paper:

"Our finding that “Coal and petroleum products” is by far the most important sector for inflation underscores the challenges involved in maintaining price
stability while transitioning to non-fossil fuel energy sources."

Its the oil, stupid!

-------------

Anyway, if you have a spike in both oil prices and shortages in other sectors, it gives near-monopolies wide-control over prices. At its root, the inflation that is currently being felt is a result of both the recovery from the pandemic as well as the Ukraine conflict and its impact on US relations with OPEC.

However, housing/food/retail show greater profit-taking than other industries, which suggests that those sectors (usually ones where people don't have a choice) are where the worst gouging is happening. Essentially, it is a double-whammy, not only has oil prices had flowed through the economy but certain critical sectors people have to rely on are taking profit-taking as much as possible.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 14:53 on Apr 21, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

Blackrock CEO and Chairman topping off his rainy day stash and reducing exposure to his own company

Blackrock said yesterday they project a hard landing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BrotherJayne posted:

Threap tiddle

Thread title

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

webcams for christ posted:

Must have been disappointed in their ESG score

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i can feel it in my bones, deflations comin' gonna be a time when it does

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Ardennes posted:

From that paper:

"Our finding that “Coal and petroleum products” is by far the most important sector for inflation underscores the challenges involved in maintaining price
stability while transitioning to non-fossil fuel energy sources."

Its the oil, stupid!

-------------

Anyway, if you have a spike in both oil prices and shortages in other sectors, it gives near-monopolies wide-control over prices. At its root, the inflation that is currently being felt is a result of both the recovery from the pandemic as well as the Ukraine conflict and its impact on US relations with OPEC.

However, housing/food/retail show greater profit-taking than other industries, which suggests that those sectors (usually ones where people don't have a choice) are where the worst gouging is happening. Essentially, it is a double-whammy, not only has oil prices had flowed through the economy but certain critical sectors people have to rely on are taking profit-taking as much as possible.

As anyone with half a brain could see a year ago. Ukraine, the World's Breadbasket and right on the middle of the flow of fossil fuels from Russia...that was bad news after the pandemic. I'm still not sure what Putin expected, but he was clearly mistaken about the readiness of his army. Put all that aside (there's a thread for that), it turbofucked the world economy and there's a thousand stories for why it's Workers' fault when it's clear as day what is really going on.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

anonumos posted:

As anyone with half a brain could see a year ago. Ukraine, the World's Breadbasket and right on the middle of the flow of fossil fuels from Russia...that was bad news after the pandemic. I'm still not sure what Putin expected, but he was clearly mistaken about the readiness of his army. Put all that aside (there's a thread for that), it turbofucked the world economy and there's a thousand stories for why it's Workers' fault when it's clear as day what is really going on.

Yeah but nobody in the West can say that out loud.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

anonumos posted:

It did that, but there were also several other issues that made it worse. The decline in Saudi-US relations specifically has meant that OPEC is purposefully keeping oil at a higher level than it should be. In addition, you already had a housing crisis before March 2022, and that isn't going away.

Furthermore, there are some pretty clear signs of price-gouging in the data from food retailers. At this point, many communities simply don't have a choice between Walmart or Kroger, and they can set prices at will.

-----------

I think deflation is going to be tricky while would expect, as back in 2008-2012, that a recession would cause lower prices and inflation to offset other factors. But in reality, energy and housing prices are simply not falling quickly enough, while wages are unable to catch up.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 15:13 on Apr 21, 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DancingShade posted:

Why can't the youth of today engage in good healthy internet behaviour, like goatse, tubgirl, lemonparty or 2girls1cup?

lemonparty is wholesome it's just bros living their best life

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Ardennes posted:

It did that, but there were also several other issues that made it worse. The decline in Saudi-US relations specifically has meant that OPEC is purposefully keeping oil at a higher level than it should be. In addition, you already had a housing crisis before March 2022, and that isn't going away.

Furthermore, there are some pretty clear signs of price-gouging in the data from food retailers. At this point, many communities simply don't have a choice between Walmart or Kroger, and they can set prices at will.

-----------

I think deflation is going to be tricky while would expect, as back in 2008-2012, that a recession would cause lower prices and inflation to offset other factors. But in reality, energy and housing prices are simply not falling quickly enough, while wages are unable to catch up.

It's common sense that grocery stores and suppliers are running numbers. Every frozen pizza brand has shrunk significantly. Large looks like a pre-pandemic small and that's the only size they have besides personal pan pizzas. Can't get most cereals in large boxes anymore. Cheap 30lb bags of dog food are over $20 now. All of the frozen fish sticks, chicken nuggets, Hot pockets, tator tots and stuff for my kids is both up on price and down on size. We're being robbed, while profits rise.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

anonumos posted:

It's common sense that grocery stores and suppliers are running numbers. Every frozen pizza brand has shrunk significantly. Large looks like a pre-pandemic small and that's the only size they have besides personal pan pizzas. Can't get most cereals in large boxes anymore. Cheap 30lb bags of dog food are over $20 now. All of the frozen fish sticks, chicken nuggets, Hot pockets, tator tots and stuff for my kids is both up on price and down on size. We're being robbed, while profits rise.

Hmm starting to think that profits are robbery.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Consolidated Ed posted:

serious q why do you post here? arent you a canadian military officer? might as well be a cop. cops should gtfo

Yes, where my enlisted Canadian artilleryman?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Yes, where my enlisted Canadian artilleryman?

There is a Canada thread in GIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I like how the insanity of 2020 obscures all the graphs that look as bad as or worse than 2008.