Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1649553480946786304?s=20

e: though unless there is a substantial coincidence this looks like it's just a repetition of Travis Brown's independent tracking effort and isn't actually reflective of total numbers, just legacy verified accounts so gently caress MSNBC as usual I guess

the actual net is more like 400 which is still stupidly awful

LGD has issued a correction as of 00:42 on Apr 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

16BBH: REMOVED A TWEET

trigger warning

Somebody has issued a correction as of 01:53 on Apr 22, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

for the love of god do not post tweets that lead to gore and violence

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Three Olives posted:

The thing is, those were completely foreseeable problems that ended up destroying the launch pad and it's speculated were responsible for taking out several the the engines.

Like, did they not foresee something so obvious or just didn't give a poo poo. Both are incredibly problematic.

actually it is incredibly smart. only a genius would think to do something so risky. think of the possible benefits!

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

downside: you'd have to watch msnbc which makes u lib scum

many things to consider

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Blue check should remain forever as an indelible badge of shame IMO. No cancellation allowed.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

elon musk tore down the barrier between the elite and the poors by giving them all checkmarks and your all being a bunch detractors

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
iron crowned, now fled to twitter, can only afford to take 4 bucks to the strip club these days

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

The business genius cannot be stopped

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bringing lasagna to elon musks home in the twitter hq to thank him for good job

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hillary 2024 posted:

The business genius cannot be stopped

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.. 4 or more times, it's just Elon Musk.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/TotalSeasons/status/1649407003897344002?s=20

I take it back, Musk is actually good at creating comedy.

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1649566430872961024?s=20

Three Olives has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Apr 22, 2023

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
lmao 28 accounts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

28 accounts is called engagement and elon musk has been engaged

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Three Olives posted:

The thing is, those were completely foreseeable problems that ended up destroying the launch pad and it's speculated were responsible for taking out several the the engines.

Like, did they not foresee something so obvious or just didn't give a poo poo. Both are incredibly problematic.

Which also means they didn't get great operational data on those engines if the failure was external.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon musk tore down the barrier between the elite and the poors by giving them all checkmarks and your all being a bunch detractors

he accurately priced it at fancy candybar level and journalist are furious

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Durf posted:

i was worried about the Artemis II crew but they're apparently using a NASA Space Launch System rocket?

also oh man just a torrent of dogshit Blue Posters replying to George

e: on further inspection it's nothing but blue checks. are they just hiding unverified now

https://twitter.com/stellamydog/status/1649451647989415950

lmao did Elon buy Jason Alexander a blue check too? or is Twitter just glitching

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rorobb posted:

lmao did Elon buy Jason Alexander a blue check too? or is Twitter just glitching

nope he did lol

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Elon single-handedly going to make Twitter Blue a best seller

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

stephen king lol stephen king hasnt written a good book in years whats that mf know about twitter he wrote a book about evil cellphones destroying society he's just a luddite

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

eat poo poo marmalade monarchist

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stephen king lol stephen king hasnt written a good book in years whats that mf know about twitter he wrote a book about evil cellphones destroying society he's just a luddite

So few understand this

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
buying YOUR OWN product for people that absolutely don't want it and see it as a black mark is definitely the best way to market it

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

elon at the paying people to show up to his birthday party and they still don't want to go point

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wow we’re already at phase two - Elon mass buying ppl blue so we block em

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

That DICK! posted:

Wow we’re already at phase two - Elon mass buying ppl blue so we block em

on the android app if you manually block too many accounts too fast or whatever it automatically logs you out, please dont ask me how i know that too shy to say !! 🙈

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1649523985837686784

LMAO

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i hope spacex sticks to ablative launch pads but decides the bottom of the rocket needs kevlar armor

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

It’s not like this poo poo was figured out years ago or anything. Elon is a creator and disruptive or some web 3 bullshit.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It’s like that Skinner meme, only it ends in “no, it’s the years of proven space launch infrastructure that is wrong”

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

i like how the strategy to get more to buy blue is to just whine about people not wanting it

like, a lot. frankly incredible amounts of :qq:ing

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

The sort of people who turned the blue check into a mark of shame absolutely do not understand why blue checks are reviled.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

"don't you want to be a cool blue check like me?"
"you're not cool at all"
"...HEY"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

brugroffil posted:

Which also means they didn't get great operational data on those engines if the failure was external.

Well now they know that a bunch of concrete debris being thrown up in and around the engines are bad for them

(I am loyal to Elon)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

True but he also wrote and directed a movie about evil trucks destroying society and it was badass.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1649152559813124096
https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1649153818624401409

eviltastic has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Apr 22, 2023

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

strictly scientifically speaking, Elon Reeves Musk is of the "Heero Yuy" archetype, in gundam wing terms.

he's cold and calculating, ruthlessly intelligent and effective, but has a strong, hidden romantic side. this can also be seen in his hair style.

he's no duo maxwell because Elon Reeves Musk has never claimed to be a superior robot fighter, he's just a superior manager
he's certainly no qatra (sp?) because he's no colonialist
he can't be a trowa because he's no clown
finally, Elon Reeves Musk is no wufei because he NEVER fights alone

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
wait isn't heero the guy who keeps blowing up his own gundams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

If I did this I would be thrown into prison on terrorism charges.