Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/21/03

That's a great last panel, especially the smoke completely obscuring Bucky's face.

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 10/30 - 11/1/50

Smokey Stover 3/21/54

Spoilered for background pun racism.

As far as I can tell, "old roats are jake with goats" is just another one of Holman's nonsense phrases.

Everyday Movies 5/2/36

"Of course I think they're lovely because they're art -- but I do wish they weren't so ugly."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/28-30/41

Selachian fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Yes, it would truly be unthinkable for your seven-year-old to wear unpolished shoes.

Slylock Fox

Well that's horrifying.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Nov. 18, 1956)

A complicated succession plotline is something don't think I think VV has tackled yet. I'm eager to see how this plays out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you just have to kill enough of them, and/or get enough of them horny for each other

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Still Vargoing.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

That's a god-tier Dad joke.

Heart of the City

Curtis

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Well fine, back to the one solution that is guaranteed to not work for very much longer, but still does something while we figure the rest of this bullshit out. If a picture link doesn't work for everybody, then something is broken, and it seems like everything is broken for somebody. So it goes.

Anyway, some test links to some of the other "solutions" I was checking on. First Imgbb:

Which might work, but it works so much better if you pay for it. Several years in advance, preferably. Paid subscribers get API access, which definitely would comes in handy for some of you.

And then there's imgbox:

Imgbox's big issue is that it throws one of these at you for every single upload, which I can see getting annoying in a hurry. Which is to say I did it twice and it already pisses me off.

In "devil that you know" news, I tried to make an album in ImgPaste, but apparently that button doesn't work at all. Neither does their Terms of Service link. Life is full of surprises this week, isn't it.

I'm flying blind here. Someone put me out of my misery, please.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (April 24, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 22, 1939)

For the first time in forever, OOW got eaten by other nonsense. Wonder what that's all about. I'll try and pick it up for tonight.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 22, 2023

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

EasyEW posted:

Tonight's Little Lefty: the dangers of conflicting loyalties. (May 26-28, 1938)

Can confirm, i queered myself by pulling a lot of boners.

Major Hoople had better not kill that parrot or pluck its feathers out. It seems like most times a parrot turns up in a cartoon, it’s to torture it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Predictions? I'm gonna go with I Will Survive.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

And I'm going to be away from home until Monday or Tuesday so I won't be posting comics until then. If anyone wants to pick up posting any comics I post for that time, that's fine by me. I would never deny you Mary Worth. Otherwise, I'll do a catch-up post in a couple days.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

That chirpy "You've had a bad day" song from about 15 (?) years ago.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Murdstone posted:

I hope he plays "Muddy Boots."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

two counts of murder one, incoming

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Powered Descent posted:

Heart of the City

Mostly I'm reacting to this because steamed broccoli is loving great with just salt & pepper. Add butter to bring it over the top.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Cleaning Out My Closet

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

How about "Man! I feel like a woman" for Wilbur?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Joke has already been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j10TmxrhW9k

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Nov. 11, 1956)

I'm going to call this shot:
Brother is arriving in similar conditions, people loyal to William and fearing another cruel master offer to lead it astray. He has to choose between the qualities of a True and Just Lord or getting to claim the title at all.

Edit: just realized what would naturally follow.
The brother, raised on stories of their father, comes prepared for a fight assuming he has to rescue the castle. Val's presence and vouching for William (along with a chance for him to knock someone around "safely") defuses the situation. Happy ending for all where somehow people end up marrying who they want to.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 22, 2023

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/31 - 8/2/50

Archie 3/3-5/47

Open the door, Richard.

"Gay as a mustard pot" is not a simile that I've ever seen before.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Except they're not, due to a colorist error. :colbert:

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Bruceski posted:

I'm going to call this shot:
Brother is arriving in similar conditions, people loyal to William and fearing another cruel master offer to lead it astray. He has to choose between the qualities of a True and Just Lord or getting to claim the title at all.

Edit: just realized what would naturally follow.
The brother, raised on stories of their father, comes prepared for a fight assuming he has to rescue the castle. Val's presence and vouching for William (along with a chance for him to knock someone around "safely") defuses the situation. Happy ending for all where somehow people end up marrying who they want to.

My brain says it’s this but my heart hopes for a King Ralph scenario where that steward that keeps getting mentioned is the winner.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

EasyEW posted:

I'm flying blind here. Someone put me out of my misery, please.

I have no problem seeing those. I'll gently caress around on my end too, I might be able to figure something for postimg.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

...- is morse code for "V"

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

Fourth comic in a row that works directly in English!

ANSU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

horny for racefaking

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Anyway, moving on...from imgur...

Out Our Way (August 14-16, 1941)

Our Boarding House, in which the game's up. (November 19-21, 1923; timg'd for a possible sideways slur.)

Toonerville Folks (January 20-22, 1921)

Dok's Dippy Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte (September 16, 1914)

Little Lefty, continuing Blinky Bloat's crisis of conscience (in other words, he figures out he has one). (May 31-June 2, 1938)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Thinking back, I believe I picked I Will Survive last time. I should pick another. Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

I know the English expression is "stinking rich", but in Finnish we have an expression, "upporikas", that translates as "sunken rich", basically. Nobody really knows where it came from, but we have a ton of similar nonsensical word combinations (and no I am not just speaking of the entire Finnish dictionary!) of similar sounding words, where they are kind of stronger or more emphatic versions. When you want to emphasize that something is VERY new, instead of saying it is "uusi", new, you can say it's "upouusi".

It's kinda funny actually, that these kinds of expressions are our version of English speaking people trying to claim that "poo poo" is actually an acronym for Ship High In Transit and came about because ships stuck in anchor ("High in Transit") would start to smell bad because bloo bloo bloo. People are trying to come up with rational explanations for these terms, while actual linguists agree that they're either just pleasant sounding nonsensical combinations that are fun to say, or versions of words from old forgotten dialects that have morphed over the years into their current forms.

In my past readings of historical events I recall at least one merchant trying to transfer from small boat to a larger boat and falling between and immediately sinking due to the amount of gold he had deposited on his person.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Thinking back, I believe I picked I Will Survive last time. I should pick another. Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

That might be too recent a reference for the Mary Worth set. To make a serious guess I'd bet something like My Way.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

The Lonesome Loser

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Apr 19, 1954)