Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I still imagine Keith blurting out "Stick to the plan!" at Tribal Council whenever anyone mentions a plan. RIP Keith, you were awesome and much more memorable than 95% of the cast since your season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh no the one-sentence blurb for tonight's ep starts with "Castaways get twisted"

e: man's tribe is up 4-3-3 at ten and he's already taking a victory lap what in the world

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 20, 2023

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That was a really good episode of Survivor! One of the best edited scrambles in a long time, and I really appreciate that we got to see a lot of stuff that "could" have gotten cut. They didn't need to show us that Tika knew about the idol play and chose not to leak it, to show us that Yam Yam's shocked reaction at tribal was an act, to show us the Danny/Carson connection. They could have gotten a real straightforward "who do we play the idol on" edit and went above and beyond that.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Boy that challenge was hard to watch.

I wonder if they're gonna reuse Last Gasp again

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Best ep of the season. Awesome play by purple.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I couldn't watch the rope tunnel thing, it was giving me too much anxiety just watching.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Pops into my head every time they show Matt and Frannie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwxLzLBV2YQ

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

e: man's tribe is up 4-3-3 at ten and he's already taking a victory lap what in the world
I did a double take at that too. saying if they don't make it to the end something has gone wrong, uhh no doesn't take anything to go wrong??

Not to mention, his own name got thrown out at the merge feast from within that four :lol:

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Congratulations to Matt somehow getting more screen time this episode than any previous

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Two Heidi things that jumped out at me:
* The opposing tribe pitched the Frannie vote directly to her, and it was the real plan??
* She leaks crucial information to Yam Yam and successfully brings him over immediately after placing a vote on him at the previous Tribal Council! And Carson was previously on that other tribe!

the Three Stooges are pretty well set up for a little bit here. Yam Yam and Carson knowingly voted into the idol (@Studio) while Carolyn correctly voted Brandon, so they didn't even all vote together despite being very much together. Plus we saw people being like "Yeah who cares about Carolyn, she'll do whatever Yam Yam says," which we and Yam Yam know is not the case :lol:

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 20, 2023

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

Two Heidi things that jumped out at me:
* The opposing tribe pitched the Frannie vote directly to her, and it was the real plan??
* She leaks crucial information to Yam Yam and successfully brings him over immediately after placing a vote on him at the previous Tribal Council!

the Three Stooges are pretty well set up for a little bit here. Yam Yam and Carson knowingly voted into the idol, while Carolyn correctly voted Brandon, so they didn't even all vote together despite being very much together. Plus we saw people being like "Yeah who cares about Carolyn, she'll do whatever Yam Yam says," which we and Yam Yam know is not the case :lol:

This season is kind of giving me the chaotic energy of Gabon, except here I actually like the stooges who are running the show, whereas I found Kenny, Crystal, Sugar, and Susie to be all deeply unlikable.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Susie lost FTC by one vote, right? What a shitshow.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

She was robbed 😔

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Studio posted:

She was robbed 😔

Even Randy agreed, right?

Fast Luck posted:

Yam Yam and Carson knowingly voted into the idol (@Studio)

lmao

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
sooooo

Who the gently caress is Laura? Like where did this lady come from?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nystral posted:

sooooo

Texas

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nystral posted:

sooooo

:lol:
Lauren. She had some scenes in the 1st episode where she rigged the tribe's rock draw to go to advantage island where she got the bank-a-vote. So she was one of the many not voting in that initial trainwreck e1 vote. Since then she's been invisible except for last ep when she appared and they acknowledged her extra vote again. Danny wanted to vote her out for it.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's just Villain Downfall foreshadowing, they do this all the time

Just means Brandon (obviously) and Kane won't win

Fast Luck posted:

the Three Stooges are pretty well set up for a little bit here. Yam Yam and Carson knowingly voted into the idol (@Studio) while Carolyn correctly voted Brandon, so they didn't even all vote together despite being very much together. Plus we saw people being like "Yeah who cares about Carolyn, she'll do whatever Yam Yam says," which we and Yam Yam know is not the case :lol:

Carolyn both flushed Danny's idol and got the payoff she told us she was seeking after the journey she went on with Brandon and Danny. Between that and the goofiness we saw after they extricated her from the stupid challenge net, she's almost singlehandedly keeping this season going right now

mp5 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 21, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mp5 posted:

It's just Villain Downfall foreshadowing, they do this all the time

Just means Brandon (obviously) and Kane won't win

Carolyn both flushed Danny's idol and got the payoff she told us she was seeking after the journey she went on with Brandon and Danny. Between that and the goofiness we saw after they extricated her from the stupid challenge net, she's almost singlehandedly keeping this season going right now

I almost added Kane to my roster at the merge just because he seems like an obviois drag to the end goat that can get me the survive points every week and so far it feels like that was a good read (even though I didn't act on it)

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Any man who will lock eyes with Jeff and rip one out has to be my new favorite.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Carolyn squawking while she's stuck in the net and Carson's feeble encouragement were a real highlight this week.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I underestimated Danny that was a good move at the right time.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
Carson, monotone and lifeless: “you got this”

Carolyn: [screaming]

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Propaganda Machine posted:

If only she had agreed to have her vocal chords removed.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Hearing Frannie’s name brought up constantly just triggered this memory.

https://youtu.be/GQc9huL1XGA

Thanks, tv.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

PopZeus posted:

Incredible television.

Gutted to hear Keith Nale passed. Loved the tuk tuk scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnAPWaPcc8&t=159s

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 22, 2023

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Fast Luck posted:

Yam Yam and Carson knowingly voted into the idol (@Studio)

Lmao

PopZeus posted:

LMAO

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A drastic reduction in confessional time for Carolyn

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nihonniboku posted:

lowest total confessional time of any episode so far by a lot, wow

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

She made up for it with net screaming

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nihonniboku posted:

Much easier to get lots of confessional time when you're in a 5 player tribe that loses 3 out of 5 premerge immunities. :lol:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

lowest total confessional time of any episode so far by a lot, wow

Well that's not a lot, she got only 19 seconds in episode 3 too, apparently.

Also I guess we're halfway through the season? I don't love anybody but I do like a bunch of them. Danny and Kane are alright. Frannie's fun. Yam Yam and Carolyn are good but they are getting pushed a lot. Jaime is at least kinda fun in a misguided delusional way. Heidi and Lauren exist. Carson is probably still too 'arrogant teen' but living on an island for two weeks and puking his guts out seems to have made him less irritating at least.

Better than last season I think, the only people I liked at that point were Ryan and Jesse.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also I guess we're halfway through the season? I don't love anybody but I do like a bunch of them. Danny and Kane are alright. Frannie's fun. Yam Yam and Carolyn are good but they are getting pushed a lot. Jaime is at least kinda fun in a misguided delusional way. Heidi and Lauren exist. Carson is probably still too 'arrogant teen' but living on an island for two weeks and puking his guts out seems to have made him less irritating at least.

Better than last season I think, the only people I liked at that point were Ryan and Jesse.

I think it's the most likeable cast in a while. It's part of the reason the shenanigans of the previous week sucked because it meant seeing someone like Matt leave, who everyone seemed to like. There's no real villain though, which might make it seem a little light as a season of Survivor. Danny maybe has the potential for a heel turn but only in a 'aggressively plays the game' sort of way than any outright villainy.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

DrVenkman posted:

Danny maybe has the potential for a heel turn but only in a 'aggressively plays the game' sort of way than any outright villainy.

*Farts sinisterly*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

Total confession time not Carolyn confession time. It's the row at the very bottom.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah Kane is the closest thing to a villain they have, especially after his comments last week. And also just being named KANE

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kane is just a hapless D&D fan, i can't see him as a villain as much as just a goat perhaps. They don't really cast a lot of villains these days. Carson is absolutely killing it by the way. Brandon Tribe thought he was with them because of the "tribe swap" phase but then for some reason Danny Tribe thought he was with them so much so that he was the only outside person that was supposed to know about the idol play Danny had brewing. And then of course he's got Caroline and Yam yam. I think he'll be the one dragging Kane deep.

I hope Lauren either goes home or gets some time in the edit soon, I don't care which but I don't really want purple players going deep. Sorta the same for Heidi.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

I hope Lauren either goes home or gets some time in the edit soon, I don't care which but I don't really want purple players going deep. Sorta the same for Heidi.

Maybe I'm parsing this weirdly but neither of these two players are purple

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

purple as in purple kelly, as in not really getting anything in the edit? Lauren has been especially hidden, look how low her confessional time is in that chart. She even has less time than eliminated players like Matt, Josh, Matthew(!), Brandon, Sarah, substantially in most of those cases. People were asking who she was last episode. Kane likewise has pretty little time but I still feel like I know him, "guy who voted wrong e1 that is always talking about D&D and nerd stuff, vibes with Carson"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh that makes more sense. I was confused because there is a literal purple team this season and their three remaining members are all pretty great (Carolyn, Carson, Yam Yam)