Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
posted this elsewhere, but a guy bought a bunch of the new MTG set, and mistakenly got sent a bunch of boxes of the NEXT MTG set instead. since he runs an unboxing youtube channel, he did the natural thing and unboxed them on camera, spoiling the entire set before WOTC could announce more than a single card they teased a few weeks back.

their response was to send the pinkertons to his house to seize the cards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD9HRueI6Js&hd=1

this is an insane thing. it is insane this happened. it is not necessarily SURPRISING, but it is absurd, also probably very illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like the literal Pinkertons?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes. those Pinkertons. They still exist.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean even before that point, the combat is just

I'm sorry again, I just can't with it. I know it's a me thing.

It's not just you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, and an update on Portopia AI, I'm seeing Japanese tweets about it and it doesn't fuckin' work for them either.

So that theory is gone.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
man the AI series has gone downhill since Somnium Files

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aiba, generate a picture for me. Hot blonde milf, at the beach, sling bikini, DDs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My current job also had the literal Pinkertons do a background check on me when i got hired

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

whats good about it

Fixes a lot of the problems with turn-based menu combat, enabling positioning, and speeding up of combat when it's done well. KotoR ain't it, but Earth of the Righteous has a great implementation of switching between both. I think the turn based mode was really only useful to me in fights with swarms where being able to take advantage of turn sequencing let's you cheese swarms a bit.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Last news I heard of them was a Pinkerton dude who shot a chud to death during 2020. What a weird moment.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He shot himself

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

last i heard they were tired of sex, and also across the sea

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

homeless snail posted:

last i heard they were tired of sex, and also across the sea

:hmmyes:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remembering that the Pinkertons tried to sue Rockstar for depicting them in RDR2 lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Andrast posted:

My current job also had the literal Pinkertons do a background check on me when i got hired

Mr. The Pinkertons: Well I have bad news and good news. Our background check found that while you had a thin veneer of civility and sophistication, you were actually a totally amoral monster with zero sense of empathy or feeling of personal affinity for your fellow humans. As a result, our client has decided not to offer you a job.
Dejected Candidate: And the good news?
Mr. The Pinkertons: WE would like to offer you a job.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remembering that the Pinkertons tried to sue Rockstar for depicting them in RDR2 lmao

The one problem I had with RDR2 was that you didn't get to kill enough Pinkertons.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

I said come in! posted:

It was my understanding that project died, but im not entirely sure? Or why it was put in indefinite pause mode. Haven’t personally seen anywhere that has any sort of insider information as to what happened. I was really excited for that remake though. It feels like a sure win, so something really bad had to have happened that made the developer pump the breaks on it.

The original is pretty dated now, but it’s still one of the best CRPGs and best titles from BioWare. Such an extremely well crafted RPG.

are they still remaking kotor 2? that's the one i think really needs it, because it's the best star wars game by far but it's so fuckin buggy and full of missing content. but for the duration of one game star wars managed to be interesting because it was star wars and not despite of it, a feat never replicated before or since.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

scrotor

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Foul Fowl posted:

are they still remaking kotor 2? that's the one i think really needs it, because it's the best star wars game by far but it's so fuckin buggy and full of missing content. but for the duration of one game star wars managed to be interesting because it was star wars and not despite of it, a feat never replicated before or since.

They were never remaking Kotor 2 in the first place?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Foul Fowl posted:

KotOR2 was never getting remade, they were planning to add the cut content to the Switch port last year but Aspyr haven't said a single thing since they got punted into the sun when someone looked at the KotOR remake work.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

skrotor 2: the poo poo lords

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Waffleman_ posted:

They were never remaking Kotor 2 in the first place?

Sakurazuka posted:

KotOR2 was never getting remade, they were planning to add the cut content to the Switch port last year but Aspyr haven't said a single thing since they got punted into the sun when someone looked at the KotOR remake work.

i must have gotten mixed up. that's such a shame. i've been wanting that cut content since some madman did an LP where they restored it on this forum. maybe it's time for me to download that mod finally.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They did patch the steam version not too long ago so it runs on modern systems and the mod is on the steam Workshop

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/judgementshae/status/1650335097176961024?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm just confused by the ones that have two subjective pronouns (he, they, etc.) and no objective ones (his, them, etc.)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You say “this is they” like a Shakespearian author

rox
Sep 7, 2016

because some people use more than one set of pronouns and some people dont

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
umbreon's pronoun is "gamer"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haha what posted:

because some people use more than one set of pronouns and some people dont

ah I didn't think of that, you're right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pronouns suggest connouns

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

amateurnouns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
scrubnouns

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pronounsumer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pronouns are offensive, just address people by their social security number or not at all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

more story = better. hard fact

This is an undeniable truth

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Khanstant posted:

Pronouns are offensive, just address people by their social security number or not at all.
Go off 564 87 6367

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

This is an undeniable truth

I've read over 4800+ chapters of not insignificant size of the same series and let me tell you, that is not at all true lol.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

address absolutely everyone as "fucker bitch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Evil Kit posted:

I've read over 4800+ chapters of not insignificant size of the same series and let me tell you, that is not at all true lol.

Shoulda read Wheel of Time instead