Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cuttlefush posted:

why diapers

Because only gross tabletop game guys actually poo poo in their pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Cuttlefush posted:

why diapers

If you don't know, you really shouldn't ask (you don't want to know).

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Cuttlefush posted:

why diapers

I think it was because a crazy ex of Shmorky's dumped message logs on KF where Shmorky was RPing eating diapers and some allegations of grooming teenagers. A "yikesaroo" moment, so to speak. Then there was something about the logs being faked. I don't recall if anything was 100% confirmed or debunked but that's probably impossible to do either way. It was all a huge mess.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh, i do actually sort of recall that. as soon as i started looking into this though i saw the thread end in

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

net cafe scandal posted:

Is BBG the only user on this site to survive two permabans? Godlike.

Abe survived two permabans.....but BBG has survived three.

Edit: I'm not the one who closed this, just didn't notice because I was on my phone and get to post anyway

which is funny for some reason

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: lmfao I think I just got redtexted because I called out someone for saying "actually, it's cool a random youtuber had the Literal Pinkertons sent to his house by hasbro for leaking the upcoming magic the gathering set"

Even by the low standards of SA redtext this poo poo is incomprehensible. You saying the Pinkertons are bad is saying cops are good? The purchaser is stating their own view that cops are good? who's to say

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Even by the low standards of SA redtext this poo poo is incomprehensible. You saying the Pinkertons are bad is saying cops are good? The purchaser is stating their own view that cops are good? who's to say

I think it may be a weak attempt to "own" CI for disagreeing with them by redtexting them with something most goons would disagree with? It's bizarre.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
ban micah

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Rea posted:

I think it may be a weak attempt to "own" CI for disagreeing with them by redtexting them with something most goons would disagree with? It's bizarre.

assuming he didn't buy it for himself he should be proud he got someone so mad they tried to own him but were too incoherent to do so

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

codes of practice are good though

e: oh

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
redtexts rule because they are either a warning or something incomprehensible you will never understand

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

assuming he didn't buy it for himself he should be proud he got someone so mad they tried to own him but were too incoherent to do so

mtg thread is getting spicy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mad... the red texting

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

huh

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Heath posted:

There was a time where being an "SA person" was poised to become something of a brand -- specifically around the time of the Dangan Ronpa LP when a bunch of people were trying to develop an LP scene. A good number of them had names like [person]SA on YouTube and such. Then Lowtax panel banned VoidBurger and that was the end of that.

It was specifically around the Dangan Ronpa LP I was on twitch as [Boba Pearl] SA, because I thought at that time that being able to post on SA made you an adult, and would increase clout as a content creator, instead of just an egg waiting to hatch. A lot of my favorite let's players were from SA. It's actually insane to me that Lowtax hosed that duck so hard.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 24, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lowtax was very good at that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he could have made a lot of money on letsplays when they were hot and instead just ignored it until the ship had sailed and gaming garbage went off the rails quickly and just became depressing

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
There were a ton of J4Gs that were lets play specific too, like people who signed up just to be the next Let's Play super star.

Also I just remembered Richard Gamingo lmao.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I feel like we would not have this place, if lowtax had any business sense.
Whenever this place had status and popularity, he could have sold the place and the corporate vampires would have got their teeth into it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

Imo it's impressive that somebody who was already a working adult in 1914 is still posting here

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

B33rChiller posted:

I feel like we would not have this place, if lowtax had any business sense.
Whenever this place had status and popularity, he could have sold the place and the corporate vampires would have got their teeth into it.

yeah something like several million was offered to him in the 2000s or so, around the time CondeNast bought reddit, everyone wanted to grab a thriving social media/posting site and were prepared to offer stupid amounts of money for it without any serious due diligence or realistic growth projections.

Enough money to set someone up for life but would have likely just ended up like most lotto winners who go through the money in less then 5 years.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lowtax spending all his millions from selling something awful to amazon on goldbelly and leasing cars

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
And vicodin

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lowtax spending all his millions from selling something awful to amazon on goldbelly

wow he could buy like 10 things of cookies from them with that kind of money

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The number of times Lowtax hosed up an opportunity served to him on a silver platter is as numerous as the number of goldbelly cookies purchased with the lowtax spine fund

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the cookies thing is less amusing now that we know he was intentionally burning through his savings so his wife and kids couldn’t get any of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf the smorky thing is one thing i cant blame lowtax for because i would also probably go off the deep end if a guy id known for years and let around my children turned out to be, shmorky

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I watched a guy play through Alan Wake skipping all the plot (that could be skipped). I mean it's still boring with the cutscenes and all but...

Speedrunning walking simulators, nice

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

tbf the smorky thing is one thing i cant blame lowtax for because i would also probably go off the deep end if a guy id known for years and let around my children turned out to be, shmorky

the icing on that particular cake was someone showing up six months to announce that shmorky was dead and they were selling klurf NFTs in memoriam... and it turned out to be the lowtax cumshot pic lady

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he could have made a lot of money on letsplays when they were hot and instead just ignored it until the ship had sailed and gaming garbage went off the rails quickly and just became depressing

And the Zero Punctuation dude before the LPs took off. If I recall the goonlore correctly they had some talks about him hosting his show through SA?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

pentyne posted:

i cant believe i have context for this and its absolutely insane.

Captain Invictus posted:

there's a guy who bought a bunch of collector boxes of Magic the Gathering: March of the Machine, and I guess he got sent March of the Machine: Aftermath collector boxes instead, which is the set that is coming out after March of the Machine. he does MTG unboxing youtube videos, so he did just that and spoiled the entire set before WOTC had announced more than like one card.

WOTC's response, apparently, was to send the loving Pinkertons after him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD9HRueI6Js&hd=1

they showed up and threatened him with a $200,000 fine and 10 years of jail time, which I'm pretty sure is total bullshit since they're not law enforcement or anything, just "investigators"(thugs, union busters, utter scum).

pinkertons deserve concrete shoes and nothing more

haha what posted:

looks like you made someone pretty mad lol

someone is buying pro-pinkerton avs over magic the gathering unboxing vids?!!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lowtax spending all his millions from selling something awful to amazon on goldbelly and leasing cars

imagine how much back child support he could have owed

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Pinkertons stopping the James gang from lifting a stagecoach full of trading cards

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

fun hater posted:

i cant believe i have context for this and its absolutely insane.

someone is buying pro-pinkerton avs over magic the gathering unboxing vids?!!

I assume it's trad games, they're a little wound up

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

the icing on that particular cake was someone showing up six months to announce that shmorky was dead and they were selling klurf NFTs in memoriam... and it turned out to be the lowtax cumshot pic lady

This is a deeply unpleasant combination of words, and I'm not sure how to parse it, and that might be for the best.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh, is she the one that also kramered into the death announcement thread and tried to make herself the main character across three or four accounts? She didn't seem well.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I assume it's trad games, they're a little wound up

Still the worst subforum by a mile

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heath posted:

They're pretty crazy. I really like mtg but extremely dislike posting about it there or reading those threads.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I hope it's not illegal helldumping to say 'i don't enjoy subforum' in the most vague way possible. Please Mr. Pinkerton agent I have a family

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Spanish Manlove posted:

They're pretty crazy. I really like mtg but extremely dislike posting about it there or reading those threads.

The magic threads are the most hostile places on these forums and that includes any CSPAM thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heath posted:

Not sure about that, but TG forums mod and "star" podima was apparently running the place unquestioned and the whole "extremely weird issues of consent" thing was basically his bread and butter style of running discord roleplays. Also how the roleplay discord/mafia post games lead to people getting so emotionally invested and attached to it the subculture very easily turns toxic and harmful when someone abuses their role.

One of major intrusive thoughts from that whole SAD thread was the accusation that Bees was "harvesting private communications" in the sense they invited other people to a 2nd discord and went "yo, this is loving weird, am I the only one getting this from the DMs?" in the Riven The Sequel to Myst fanfiction roleplay clockwork clones rape story