Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

homeless snail posted:

more story = better. hard fact

The Horus Heresy series is the greatest literary achievement of the 21st century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

Shoulda read Wheel of Time instead

It's still funny to me that I read that whole drat thing but I couldn't even make it halfway through its little prequel novel.

Aes Sedai...are not fun to read.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

Shoulda read Wheel of Time instead

I did, it's easy to come to the same conclusion there too.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man Paranormasight is some loving JoJo's poo poo and I am here for it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gripweed posted:

The Horus Heresy series is the greatest literary achievement of the 21st century.

:hmmyes:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Gripweed posted:

my partner goes absolutely nuts for those books lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

posted this elsewhere, but a guy bought a bunch of the new MTG set, and mistakenly got sent a bunch of boxes of the NEXT MTG set instead. since he runs an unboxing youtube channel, he did the natural thing and unboxed them on camera, spoiling the entire set before WOTC could announce more than a single card they teased a few weeks back.

their response was to send the pinkertons to his house to seize the cards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD9HRueI6Js&hd=1

this is an insane thing. it is insane this happened. it is not necessarily SURPRISING, but it is absurd, also probably very illegal

a new gay Planeswalker, you say?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

haha what posted:

my partner goes absolutely nuts for those books lol

honestly the first three are pretty good for what they are if you are into 40K

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

wizard2 posted:

We need a new one after our favorite HIMBO Luuka got got trying to gently caress a robot or whatever in the last set. Died instantly and painfully

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Bizarre misspelling of Umineko

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I hate umineko

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

gonna call down ten dozen seagulls to poo poo on your car

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why do you hate me and my cat?? Do I have a cat???

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Khanstant posted:

Why do you hate me and my cat?? Do I have a cat???

You do now.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

You do now.

nice new av boba :cheers:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wizard2 posted:

thats right. hes tapping rear end across the planes

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

haha what posted:

nice new av boba :cheers:

Thank you, I really liked the one I commissioned but this picture of Marie's face speaks to me. She's just a big silly gal :kimchi:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

Thank you, I really liked the one I commissioned but this picture of Marie's face speaks to me. She's just a big silly gal :kimchi:

:kimchi:

homeless snail posted:

thats right. hes tapping rear end across the planes

lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

honestly the first three are pretty good for what they are if you are into 40K

It's so funny how clear it is that when those first three were written they were clearly planning the series to be, like, maybe ten books long. Each book covers major important events of the Heresy. But then the first book sold gangbusters and they decided to see how far they could stretch it out, and book four is just the story of one guy escaping Istvaan.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

there's something really rad about how the folds in the shoulders of her vest resemble how she's holding her fingers, it keeps catching my eyes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I love that I'm starting to get yellow quests that pull me to parts of the world completely unconnected to the MSQ. It makes the world feel more natural and less like I'm on a theme park ride

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

dervival posted:

there's something really rad about how the folds in the shoulders of her vest resemble how she's holding her fingers, it keeps catching my eyes

I learned the trick to wrinkles and clothing shading is "triangles" and sometimes it works way better than others.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

god just thinking about ffxiv's bloated stiff cutscenes with a million words each is giving me fatigue

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

god just thinking about ffxiv's bloated stiff cutscenes with a million words each

Can't loving wait for these

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
thankfully, though, it's not an MMO

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MAN gently caress INQUISITOR GUILLAIME

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/takesAEGIS/status/1650546324109152257?s=20

gently caress em up, sega of america

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aegis, how powerful

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
aegis is a great name dang

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

god just thinking about ffxiv's bloated stiff cutscenes with a million words each is giving me fatigue

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

"Several cut scenes will play in sequence. It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety."

Edit: DAMNIT

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

And all they had to do to do it was kill Sonic

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
To be this good takes AEGIS.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:yeshaha:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

These moments are always a treat. The first one does take forever though.

Also, your posting has broken me out of the 4 month break I've taken from the game, just in time for a mogtome event too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

only thing better than a 2 hour long cutscene is a 2 hour long cutscene thats setting something up that wont get paid off for another 4 years

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I wish my memory wasn't so horrifically bad so I could remember how I felt back when that cutscene first happened all those years ago.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ffxiv is always a treat. saw a guy in alliance raid last night named Achoo Pichu

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Draga posted:

I wish my memory wasn't so horrifically bad so I could remember how I felt back when that cutscene first happened all those years ago.

And it hasn’t even finished playing yet, am I right???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Ayyyyyyyy