Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/Shannon_Liao/status/1650574929916485639?t=EVnHrpTdfPNwEWcT9KIyfQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Willa Rogers posted:

What are the used-car loan rates these days?

11%-23%

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

very nice

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, lmao

I never been happier to drive a 2003 with under 100k mileage.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you can't buy actual residential brick construction anywhere in the US afaik, modern brick construction is one course of decorative brick over a stick frame

This might be true for tract builders, but plenty of private (aka for the wealthy) home builders will still do true brick; if you’re going non-stick, they’d simply prefer CMU or slump block.

But if you’re willing to pay for it, they’ll do it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

wtf is going on in Salt Lake City?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

wtf is going on in Salt Lake City?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeAtHGCFbUA

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
dunno we got a 2023 mistubishi outlander phev for invoice and top dollar on our trade in, 4.9% for 72 months, but its also our only bill so hopefully will have it paid off much sooner.

It’s also really good and better than the RAV4 Prime that is unobtainable

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Haha isn't this a big poke in the eye for the SEC?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Can I interest you in a Chrysler Pacifica instead

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Koirhor posted:

dunno we got a 2023 mistubishi outlander phev for invoice and top dollar on our trade in, 4.9% for 72 months, but its also our only bill so hopefully will have it paid off much sooner.

It’s also really good and better than the RAV4 Prime that is unobtainable

I lusted after a RAV4 Prime for like six months before I pulled the trigger on the Hybrid. I'll keep the Outlander PHEV in mind, assuming I'll ever buy another car.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

mycomancy posted:

I lusted after a RAV4 Prime for like six months before I pulled the trigger on the Hybrid. I'll keep the Outlander PHEV in mind, assuming I'll ever buy another car.

Why’d you opt for the hybrid over the Prime? Cost?

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

i didn’t think it possible, but somehow…it just…. keeps getting stupider

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

cool av posted:

that's innovation!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

net work error posted:

Can I interest you in a Chrysler Pacifica instead

I'll sell you a new transmission for say 15k once you hit 75k miles

We went with an Odyssey since that was a 1 month wait for a new one instead of the 6-8mo long wait for a Toyota minivan

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

SourKraut posted:

i did the exact same thing and i got the hybrid because it was like $10k cheaper and the prime was extremely not available

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

cool av posted:

I think it makes sense that a stablecoin shouldn't be a security. My understanding is that security means 'put money in, plan to get more out later', and with a stablecoin you don't expect the value to change at all.

Though I'm sure whatever they have in mind for regulating them will be as stupid as possible.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i got a regular rav4 and its mpg is like 35 on the highway which is better than my partners 2015 camry lol

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Sokani posted:

I think it makes sense that a stablecoin shouldn't be a security. My understanding is that security means 'put money in, plan to get more out later', and with a stablecoin you don't expect the value to change at all.

Though I'm sure whatever they have in mind for regulating them will be as stupid as possible.

they're like bonds

except w/ negative purchasing power growth when you remove interest and factor in inflation

so, bonds for dumbasses

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

SourKraut posted:

100% the availability. There were literally zero available for purchase, and every place I called on the East Coast told me they were only selling to people with addresses in a certain number of local zip codes. loving wild...

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

mycomancy posted:

100% the availability. There were literally zero available for purchase, and every place I called on the East Coast told me they were only selling to people with addresses in a certain number of local zip codes. loving wild...

I never thought I would ever see redlining but for cars in my lifetime

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

euphronius posted:

I want the Toyota minivan hahah. oh no

I just now went looking at the Honda Odyssey on their website to see what the advertised rate is. For 48 months, you can get 3.9% from Honda. With all the usual legalese of well qualified buyer and 10% down. No idea if there is much wiggle room on the price with Honda.

But our 2020 Odyssey is a really nice minivan. The side to side sliding middle row is great for when adults need to get in the back row because the middle row is full of kid seats.

Orvin has issued a correction as of 23:53 on Apr 24, 2023

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I’ve heard horror stories of hybrid/EV cars taking 6-12 months to get simple replacement parts so I opted for ICE. which probably has the same problem but at least we aren’t gonna run out of gas like we are lithium.

wait, what’s that? poo poo

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1650591840431734784?s=20

https://twitter.com/BreakingStocks_/status/1650598946639585299?s=20

MORE :fork: BANK :fork: DEATH

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
lmao superstonk and wsb had a ton of bots astroturfing pumping up FRC the past week as the new GME and AMC that they just don’t want you to know about. great finances!

now I know why

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Another victory for SpaceX!

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1650627421849149450?t=1fvT080K6H2PjOwhykmwQQ&s=19

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

you won't care

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

you won't care

Truthfully, I won't. Not until they stop giving him billions of dollars

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

"National Wildlife Refuge lands, which are very near the launch pad,"

this country is so loving stupid

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i bought an 05 scion in 2019 and since then I've only put 12k miles on it, I might get like 20mpg but my drive to work is only two miles and the only reason I wouldn't just bike it is carrying tools for work + work laptop

no chance in hell am I ever going to pay for a loving car payment lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i bought my last car back in 2019-2020 a kia but its staying here till it dies dont even want to waste my time trying to find a replacement with the absurd prices

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1650596624727416859?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Thread title

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Mr Hootington posted:

Thread title

8====D

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao at both of these
https://twitter.com/MPGoodman88/status/1650659210903040000?t=BQiUSj3yn-0wCIFTuXA1DQ&s=19

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

here's an idea lets move the launch pad to be over where all the manatees hang out.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

seems bad??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

what's with the homophobia in your custom text?