Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

OwlFancier posted:

If you buy a hand crank gatling gun, I think that doesn't technically count as a machine gun under US law because it's not firing multiple rounds per trigger pull. I don't know if that extends to electrically driven versions of the same mechanism.

Miniguns are legally machine guns, but you can legally own machine guns. There are just extra legal hoops to jump through, which drive the price up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Jakabite posted:

What would this typically be used for?!

Like someone said below, they just mounted 4 miniguns in place of the 4 M2 machine guns on a WW2 anti aircraft mount. Looks to be at a machine gun shoot and it's probably either some super rich person's toy or you can rent it.. You can see all the little drones they have flying around that he's shooting at

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i think it's for fighting godzillas

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Roblo posted:

I think this is just chuds dicking about. Yes people can buy miniguns of course they can what kind of fool would suggest that you shouldn't be able to.

Right? I mean Arnie used an M134 in T2: Judgment Day and he literally didn't even injure a single person with it, so I should be able to have one. :smug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mister Speaker posted:

Right? I mean Arnie used an M134 in T2: Judgment Day and he literally didn't even injure a single person with it, so I should be able to have one. :smug:

All that proves is Arnie should be allowed one as he is a God amongst men

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Jakabite posted:

What would this typically be used for?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EeIsSfWx8&t=240s

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

OwlFancier posted:

If you buy a hand crank gatling gun, I think that doesn't technically count as a machine gun under US law because it's not firing multiple rounds per trigger pull. I don't know if that extends to electrically driven versions of the same mechanism.

It does not. If you attach a drill to that crank then you've created a felony.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Atticus_1354 posted:

It does not. If you attach a drill to that crank then you've created a felony.

Does that mean that owning both a power drill and a gatling gun counts as constructive possession?

Perhaps there is a distance requirement which could be discerned by using an ATF agent as the indicator.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

OwlFancier posted:

Does that mean that owning both a power drill and a gatling gun counts as constructive possession?

Perhaps there is a distance requirement which could be discerned by using an ATF agent as the indicator.

That would be wildly hard to prove because both those things have a valid use. Maybe if you had the "gatling gun attachment" choked up in the chuck when they raided your house.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I know what you mean in context but gatling guns having a valid use is still a funny thing to read :v:

"Yes I have it mounted in my hallway for home defence, just as the founding fathers intended"

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I'm surprised there aren't more violently disgruntled ATF agents considering the type of questions they get.

"If I'm in possession of a knife and a person does that constitute construction of a murder?"

"What if I throw the knife? Does inertia become the murderer? Checkmate ATFists."

Baytor
Oct 4, 2010

Well, never mind! Commando missions are much more fun than girls anyway!
Why do you think they keep shooting people's dogs?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
A sucuri, more often called anaconda internationally

https://twitter.com/BiodiversidadeB/status/1654123860332273667

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1654017267531673600?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The elephants have an aerial unit? Well I'll be damned

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Elephants can walk a drat long way

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah, they're called the Dumbo Jets

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

pik_d posted:

Yeah, they're called the Dumbo Jets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCUcw4fcI6Y

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that movie rules except when it grinds into a halt for denis leary to talk about how cool it is to kill lions for literally five (5) minutes. its very weird and not at all appropriate, esp in that movie

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Carthag Tuek posted:

that movie rules except when it grinds into a halt for denis leary to talk about how cool it is to kill lions for literally five (5) minutes. its very weird and not at all appropriate, esp in that movie

Pretty well applies to most Denis Leary movie roles

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah, Demolition Man was humming along well until Leary got to do his 80's stand-up rant.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's good reason he fell off quick in the mid-90s

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Who died and stopped giving Mencia material?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I think mushrooms are badass so I snapped this one specifically for this thread.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God I want some mushrooms

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can do! The spores will arrive soon.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Are you anywhere near Sydney right now because we got some radioactive ones or some poo poo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

freeedr posted:

I think mushrooms are badass so I snapped this one specifically for this thread.

Mushrooms are badass & there's even a thread about them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Are you anywhere near Sydney right now because we got some radioactive ones or some poo poo

if you eat them it will charge your phone

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Astronomers capture largest cosmic explosion ever witnessed

quote:

“We’ve estimated it’s a fireball 100 times the size of the solar system with a brightness about 2tn times the sun’s,” Wiseman said. “In three years, this event has released about 100 times as much energy as the sun will in its 10bn-year lifetime.”

Space fucks

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
Sucks to be any aliens in the general vicinity of that

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Aliens looking at Earth through a telescope:

Automatic Retard posted:

Sucks to be any aliens in the general vicinity of that

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

mind the walrus posted:

There's good reason he fell off quick in the mid-90s

Didnt he have a pretty successful television show until like 2010?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

500excf type r posted:

Sure did

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

500excf type r posted:

Oh right. I meant the whole movie side of things. Yeah he had that firefighter show.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Don't forget that Leary's firefighting show was on 'FX: Fox Gone Cable' which was targeting the male 18 to 49 demographic so he fit right in there

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

They're also all assholes!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

freeedr posted:

:hai:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChristnNitemare/status/1657792630481207304?t=FuboC8I37QTd17JYW4x0jA&s=19

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 18:44 on May 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like the way the bikini top is drawn suggests she might have three boobs.

Like clearly her right boob is in line with her belly button so presumably there is a third, righter boob behind the child.