Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
+1.5% to Beast-type damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Ran the weekly chalice dungeon 3 times but only got orange Ludwig great swords. Fuckin rng.

Man, all of the recent PlayStation forum questionnaires have been about live service poo poo. Don't know how many different ways I can write that poo poo sucks and I don't play them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

Taking a post moment to appreciate how good Bloodborne is.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Is FFXIV a live service game

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It’s an mmo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

so a live service game that you have to also pay for

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

so a live service game that you have to also pay for

No, that's Destiny 2

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

No, that's Destiny 2

lol. king poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Resi 4:

to Hardcore, or not to Hardcore?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Resi 4:

It's hard. If you are ok with dying a bit in the village and having to put in some effort play hardcore. Enemies are very resilient. I did a NG run on standard then one on hardcore and don't regret it.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah, the remake is a decent challenge on normal, and hardcore feels more like what you continue you once you’ve got a mastery of the mechanics.

If you don’t mind a lot of dying and retrying, could be a fun time though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Capcom rolling out the troll saying pick hardcore if you played a videogame that came out twenty years ago is pretty funny.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

haveblue posted:

+1.5% to Beast-type damage

Oh please, minmaxing specific upgrades on a per item basis would never catch on in a soulslike

:imunfunny:

goblin week fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 25, 2023

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

On hardcore mode going for bodyshots with handguns is a good tactic because you can usually flinch the enemy with 1-2 shots and then do a follow up shot to the head for a melee attack.

The knife parry is also very valuable because the enemies might not flinch before they are already in melee range.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah you really want to be parrying on hardcore for both fun and good results. Standard will let you play a traditional RE4 stand your ground while shooting game plan.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Hardcore is good for a first run if you played RE4 and most of what it inspired, and want to feel as overwhelmed as the original made you feel before you had all that muscle memory and smoother controls. Tanky enemies make for groups that are difficult to stop, there's a lot of the frequent repositioning that the old control scheme forced you into. I certainly died a lot, but I usually felt like I was learning rather than beating my head against things. I got real good at parrying and creating melee and knife opportunities. I had one bad experience where I had to go back a save and replay 30 tough minutes of the island to get to a certain challenge with more ammo, fuckin regenerators. Other than that it was a good time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Resi 4:

Yes. Yes!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Parrying alone makes the remake a worthwhile endeavor. Every game that doesn't have a parry should be remade with a parry.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Bugblatter posted:

Parrying alone makes the remake a worthwhile endeavor. Every game that doesn't have a parry should be remade with a parry.

I hope in RE5make Chris doesnt parry he just cross counters really fast and hard like Carlos in Re3make.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love learning to parry in games but even when I show her me doing it, LVG refuses to believe I can.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I kinda wish I went hardcore. It would’ve made the village section brutal, but midway through the castle I was a walking armoury. Standard is still plenty tough though and most importantly, very fun

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I kinda wish I went hardcore. It would’ve made the village section brutal, but midway through the castle I was a walking armoury. Standard is still plenty tough though and most importantly, very fun

Hardcore becomes significantly easier the moment you get your hands on the riot gun and a magnum because you suddenly have weapons that can immediately make things go away.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I love learning to parry in games but even when I show her me doing it, LVG refuses to believe I can.

Because you’ve never done it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Well, that's because any time she charges up to own you...you mess up the timing and end up flat on your arse.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Got some poo poo sleep last night, sitting in front of my computer for work and I just want to boot up the piss5 and hunt some kemono while I zone out.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Bloodborne remaster but now there’s gear score and purps

It's crazy that TLou got a remaster + remake and Horizon is getting a rumored remake/remaster as well before BB gets one. Feels BB with 60fps would be sell crazy for Sony especially if they put it out on Steam as well. At this point it must be something with the game engine making it hard to remaster. I love that game but man back when it came out it wasn't a big deal playing 30fps games but now it's just jarring.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

We need a whole other generation before processing power is capable of breaking the 28fps Bloodborne barrier.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I’ve been playing the original Final Fantasy VII for the year of the JRPG because I’ve somehow never played it before, and it’s kind of… underwhelming. The combat and Materia is fun, and I love the setting, but why are there so many random mini games? I’ve spent more time playing mini games than anything else, and I’ve somehow never heard about this part of the game lol

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Ulio posted:

It's crazy that TLou got a remaster + remake and Horizon is getting a rumored remake/remaster as well before BB gets one. Feels BB with 60fps would be sell crazy for Sony especially if they put it out on Steam as well. At this point it must be something with the game engine making it hard to remaster. I love that game but man back when it came out it wasn't a big deal playing 30fps games but now it's just jarring.
Bloodborne was a flop and they prefer not to talk about it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
A hoonter must flop

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

Ulio posted:

I'm convinced Sony either has 60fps patch ready to go and they're just sitting on it until they have a dry spell, or they were going to give a BB remake to Bluepoint but then Bluepoint revolted and demand they be allowed to make their own goddamn game for once and the remake is pushed back until after that. I dunno, it's really weird given that 60fps has been seen in the wild.

BigDumper posted:

I’ve been playing the original Final Fantasy VII for the year of the JRPG because I’ve somehow never played it before, and it’s kind of… underwhelming. The combat and Materia is fun, and I love the setting, but why are there so many random mini games? I’ve spent more time playing mini games than anything else, and I’ve somehow never heard about this part of the game lol

Let's see there's the gym bro squat competition in Midgar, motorcycle chase, Fort Condor, Golden Saucer, and snowboarding that I can recall. What else? That's not too bad for a 50 hour game! Am I just forgetting a ton of mini games?

negativeneil fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 25, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dolphin jumping, marching, CPR

(And that's all in the same ten minutes)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
minigames are cool

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Minigames are the little glase cherries as part of the dessert that are FF games. I would not get rid of any. (I would change one tetra master rule, however).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ulio posted:

They're getting remakes to pair with the TV shows all of them are also getting. Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War.

You want a Bloodborne remaster? Get those Warhammer Astares guys to make some Bloodborne videos that get 60 million views

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I wonder if there are so many minigames due to the available disc size and the range of movement available to them with 3d models that sprites previously couldn't really show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It literally was Square going 'wow look what we can do now' with the new 3D console

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Arist posted:

Dolphin jumping, marching, CPR

(And that's all in the same ten minutes)

And Mog’s House, submarine chase, chocobo racing, glacier wall climbing… there’s a lot of weird and barely functional stuff in FF7. I love it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ulio posted:

I think they could sell a couple million copies with minimal effort if they needed a bump as such, especially if they didn't gently caress up the PC port. All in all though, as anointed as Bloodborne has been in the years since release it would still be a charity project. That game maybe cracked 2 million in sales over its lifetime, it's one of the most niche FROM titles with nowhere near the sales power of something like Horizon, TLOU, or Uncharted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I think they could sell a couple million copies with minimal effort if they needed a bump as such, especially if they didn't gently caress up the PC port. All in all though, as anointed as Bloodborne has been in the years since release it would still be a charity project. That game maybe cracked 2 million in sales over its lifetime, it's one of the most niche FROM titles with nowhere near the sales power of something like Horizon, TLOU, or Uncharted.

Honestly I disagree, I think BB with 60fps on steam release would easily sale more than GoW/Horizon/Tlou pc ports combined. BB's 2m sale data from years ago is irrelevant. BB didn't get bundled with consoles like those games, it didn't get huge marketing push and it came out when there were way less PS4's around then it did for say Horizon. Also success of DS3 + ER has elevated Fromsoft's status since then.

Of course I don't think it's gonna sell same numbers as those games on Playstation alone we kinda saw that with Demon Souls remake but it will for sure sell more than w.e it did on PS4.