Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Every fig is the result of a dead wasp being turned into plant food and the fruit springing up around its corpse.

not modern cultivars, turns out you get better yields with breeds that don't wait for a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Taima posted:

We have a business center in Seattle too but I've never been. What's worthwhile there? What else is worthwhile there for non-businesses?

Always a good deal:

Almost never a good deal without a sale:
  • cambros

One of the best deals out there when the right sale hits:
  • whip-its

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 23, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tunicate posted:

not modern cultivars, turns out you get better yields with breeds that don't wait for a bug

i only eat bugchaser figs

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Costco kimchi was solid but not quite up to snuff with granny kimchi. But it's at least half the price so I'll allow it since I don't have a dedicated kimchee fridge.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Dick Fontaine posted:

One of the best deals out there when the right sale hits:
  • whip-its

The first time I visited the Business Center we were loitering in the front looking at the Cambros and knives etc and a lady came in, beelined to the whip-its, grabbed a couple of cases, and went to the checkout. I've never been able to exercise such restraint and focus in a Costco.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Smugworth posted:

free bird with big d*ck

what do we get for a small one

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

i only eat bugchaser figs

Buzz my fig hole

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Local church has 4-lb garlic chicken meal frozen packages (w/pasta & veggies) for $7

Gotta make room in the freezer for more

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That picture on page 170 should go under the new no posting gore/death rules

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Smugworth posted:

free bird with big d*ck

Lord of the can't change. Let him fly on with a big dick.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

guys i was in vegas and the costco gas station had 5 pumps in one row

it was the promised land

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chronojam posted:

Local church has 4-lb garlic chicken meal frozen packages (w/pasta & veggies) for $7

Acceptable week night dinner.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chronojam posted:

I haven't seen that stuff since pre-covid, it was always a super easy meal.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Anyone bought a Costco Mattress before? If so any suggestions???

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I got the vegetable base better than boullion

excited to try this stuff out on some rice

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Beer Gay So What posted:

I picked up the Kirkland Signature™ a few months ago when it was on sale and I am very happy with it. Way better than the Tuft & Needle that I had before.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Dick Fontaine posted:

I picked up the Kirkland Signature™ a few months ago when it was on sale and I am very happy with it. Way better than the Tuft & Needle that I had before.

Thanks! I will read up some reviews. They sure do seem way cheaper than going to a mattress store and getting ripped off by the mattress mafia.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I like your username fella.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I like your username fella.

Thank you!

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Dick Fontaine posted:

I have a KS mattress from maybe 5 years ago. It's..fine? The big issue is that you can't even try them out before buying them so you have to hope you like the firmness, etc. There's always the return option, but that's also not very appealing.

About 15 years ago there were a couple of Costco furniture stores, which were really useful since you could try out multiple mattresses. There overall selection was a bit weird though (targeted at faux-rich is the best way I can describe it) and they shut down.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Beer Gay So What posted:

We bought one back in ... 2009? It was a pillow top inner spring from one of the major mattress companies and it was so bad. It sunk in within two years and we asked to return it but they said we couldn't. It turned us off pillow top and inner spring mattresses after that. We bought a latex mattress a couple years after that from Sleep EZ and it's night and day.

One of my few Costco purchase regrets.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Beer Gay So What posted:

We bought this Novaform one earlier this year when it was on sale, and it has been great so far. It's a tiny bit weird that it doesn't have a sidewall so the edges can sag down a bit when getting in and out of it, but otherwise it's been amazing.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

We bought one back in ... 2009? It was a pillow top inner spring from one of the major mattress companies and it was so bad. It sunk in within two years and we asked to return it but they said we couldn't. It turned us off pillow top and inner spring mattresses after that. We bought a latex mattress a couple years after that from Sleep EZ and it's night and day.

Yeah I would not do a pillow top, I think that it the current one in the house and its just beat to poo poo at this point.

binge crotching posted:

We bought this Novaform one earlier this year when it was on sale, and it has been great so far. It's a tiny bit weird that it doesn't have a sidewall so the edges can sag down a bit when getting in and out of it, but otherwise it's been amazing.

Does it get super hot? I have heard that is an issue with those kind of mattresses and I am a nuclear fission outputting sleep monster.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Beer Gay So What posted:

Does it get super hot? I have heard that is an issue with those kind of mattresses and I am a nuclear fission outputting sleep monster.

So far no, but the bedroom window is usually open and night temps have been in the 30s-50s, so not much chance of it getting hot yet.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Beer Gay So What posted:

Memory foam does get really hot and it’s also weirdly temperature sensitive in general; the heat has something to do with how much it compresses. My couch for some reason came with memory foam cushions and they are noticeably stiffer in the winter time. In the summer I hate laying on that couch because of how much heat it retains. Note that latex foam doesn’t have this problem but it’s also way more expensive.

I spent way more time than I wanted several years ago researching mattresses.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There's a pretty good mattress thread in ask/tell

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I bought a car battery and returned my old one a few days later for the core charge. I got a letter from the "Sales Auditor" asking for feedback on the process. Has anyone ever received something similar from Costco? Looks like the letter is from someone at the local warehouse I did the core return at, which was the same warehouse I bought the battery at.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

david_a posted:

Memory foam does get really hot and it’s also weirdly temperature sensitive in general; the heat has something to do with how much it compresses. My couch for some reason came with memory foam cushions and they are noticeably stiffer in the winter time. In the summer I hate laying on that couch because of how much heat it retains. Note that latex foam doesn’t have this problem but it’s also way more expensive.

I spent way more time than I wanted several years ago researching mattresses.

Yeah I had one and the cold firmness was my biggest issue. Once it warmed up it was great but it was hard as a rock for a while though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I bought a car battery and returned my old one a few days later for the core charge. I got a letter from the "Sales Auditor" asking for feedback on the process. Has anyone ever received something similar from Costco? Looks like the letter is from someone at the local warehouse I did the core return at, which was the same warehouse I bought the battery at.

Yeah I got a similar letter when I returned some rotten apples.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

A big slab of latex is truly the best mattress there is.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Latex was too hot for me also. I'd advise caution if you're a hot sleeper.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Latex was too hot for me also. I'd advise caution if you're a hot sleeper.

Strange, our latex mattress is by far the coolest one we've ever had. Memory foam was way too warm, a typical spring mattress was OK but they just generally suck.

Anecdotes!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PURPLE

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
GREEN!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

anyone use these dysons

so pricey but i could probably use a thing in my bedroom when poo poo gets hot

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

anyone use these dysons

A friend of mine has one. It’s really quiet and that’s nice. Not not nice enough to be worth it if the cost is a stretch, but if that’s no big deal for you then they’re pretty good.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Alan Smithee posted:

anyone use these dysons

For the price you probably just buy a separate air purifier and a cheap fan for less and get better results.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

lmao do you even know how many corsi cubes you could duct tape together for $400??

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

You can get a 2x4 laboratory clean room laminar hepa unit for less tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Saw a lady return a bag of milk. They come in packs of 3. Costco took it back, wtf.

Another lady returned a half eaten cake and got a full refund.

Is this normal????????