Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

bone emulator posted:

those are very cute and I'm guessing also very expensive and hard to get?

it was a P-Bandai exclusive from 3 years ago so yeah. 400% price increase if you want it new

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE.

and even to old age I am he, and even to hoar hairs will I carry you ; I have made, and I will bear; yea, I will carry, and will deliver.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Picked up the FF1 Pixel Remaster since I haven't played it in about a decade. Boy, it is way too fond of monster-in-a-boxes. Just beat the Lich and I feel like half the chests in the Cavern of Earth were traps.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Funkos are just the same joke repeated over and over and over and every once in a while it’s funny, but when that happens depends on who you are.

Me? I really want that Laura Palmer one because it’s really funny. And Funko Sekiro is adorable.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Where's my Spec Ops: The Line brand Funko Captain Walker with Funko White Phosphorus Victim

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Funko Owen and Beru's Charred Remains

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

What Steam games are out there that are similar to the Mega Man / X series? So 2D platformers that are action oriented and not a metroidvania. I know there is 20XX, and I think a sequel is in development?

Gigabuster!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/981830/GIGABUSTER/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Nintendo should've made Kirby Vinyl sculptures of every pop culture character.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Resijcdenton Evil

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ChickenHeart posted:

Where's my Spec Ops: The Line brand Funko Captain Walker with Funko White Phosphorus Victim

Hwurmp posted:

Funko Owen and Beru's Charred Remains

don’t threaten me with a good time

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I have a little Dark Souls Funko guy and its a cute small thing for ten bucks when most fan stuff is absurdly expensive to me. Having a huge collection of them defeats the purpose and so many of them are impossible to tell who they are without the name on the box.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mechs are usually pretty neat in Funko POPs. I have a D.Va mech POP from Overwatch and BT from Titanfall 2. I think a key point is that they don't have eyes or faces per se, so they sidestep the eye problem.

mutata fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 26, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

mutata posted:

Mechs are usually pretty neat in Funko POPs. I have a D.Va mech from Overwatch POP and BT from Titanfall 2. I think a key point is that they don't have eyes or faces per se, so they sidestep the eye problem.

When they do Halo boys, this also happens and they're just kinda neat SD versions of Halo boys.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’m shadowbanned from the funko community for constantly requesting a line based on the hit film Dancer in the Dark. I’ll keep buying that garbage

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I was traumatized by Bjork after my English teacher forced us to watch her stupid music videos and then diagram out the sentences of her lyrics to better learn us the language of English. Such things should not be done.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

honkai uses anticheat so it won't run on steamOS -_-

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

I was traumatized by Bjork after my English teacher forced us to watch her stupid music videos and then diagram out the sentences of her lyrics to better learn us the language of English. Such things should not be done.

We had to dissect song lyrics but it was Crazy by Matchbox 20. Already wasn’t a fan of Robert Thomas but this didn’t do him any favours.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man has two first names, a sure sign of untrustworthiness

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

This teacher was loving with you and that's hilarious.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

honkai uses anticheat so it won't run on steamOS -_-

Its eventually releasing on PlayStation at least, but I want to get a gamepad working on my iPad Air so I can play it that way. Got through the tutorial so far and honestly this is like every single other gacha mobile game. Its the exact same game with different art. Can tell right off the bat the whole thing is designed entirely around selling $99 bundles of ingame items, its extremely blatant in its design of this like all mobile games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i didnt spend anything on genshin and i won't here. but i guess i'll just have to wait until there's a proper solution to running it through steamOS because i'm not putting win11 on the deck

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i tried out the demo for Against the Storm and hey wow it's pretty fun and it's on sale so i bought it and hey wow it's still fun cool!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I haven't played enough star rail to have an opinion on it, and I don't think what is seeming like a mediocre jrpg is going to hold my attention the way genshin did, but what gachas are you playing that this is a duplicate of. there are like, maybe three decent jrpg gachas and they dont look or play like star rail

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

We had to dissect song lyrics but it was Crazy by Matchbox 20. Already wasn’t a fan of Robert Thomas but this didn’t do him any favours.

lay off him he's just a little unwell

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gaius Marius posted:

Lol are you Icelandic?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I think I'm reaching the point where dungeons must stop being a cakewalk. I almost hosed up a Temple of Qarn run as healer because Esuna refused to heal my own Doom status and then the Chimera in Cutter's Cry was an absolute dick (I was playing Black Mage at the time which may be related)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I think I'm reaching the point where dungeons must stop being a cakewalk. I almost hosed up a Temple of Qarn run as healer because Esuna refused to heal my own Doom status and then the Chimera in Cutter's Cry was an absolute dick (I was playing Black Mage at the time which may be related)

Qarn is kind of a spike yeah. Also better internalize Chimera because Near/Far attacks are very common!

(As a tip, ailments that can be healed with Esuna have a white bar over the icon. That Doom is not healable with Esuna, you're meant to step on the glowing panel)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Esuna? More like I sooner play a video game than any other hobby :c00l:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Esuna? More like I sooner play a video game than any other hobby :c00l:

:drat:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just love playing video games. It is a curse.

Though last night I had some pretty good fun exploring around on Beef in Twilight Princess.

I am on my way to the third shadow area in Lake Hylia and paused with exactly 12 hours on the clock :)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rarity posted:

FF14:

the chimera is the first introduction to untelegraphed attacks in the game, so it tends to wipe the floor with new players until they figure out the tells

it's something that comes up more as the game goes on, so it's good to keep in the back of your head that sometimes you'll have to watch something other than the orange circles to know when to dodge

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

FF14:

it's a little bit weird because yeah, that 30+ range is where dungeons start stepping up in complexity but, from that point in arr to about patch 2.2, is like parallel universe ff14 at this point because it doesn't bare a whole lot of resemblance to after they figured out the formula for dungeons about a year after launch. qarn has a lot of poo poo going on, in particular, that doesn't really get followed up on design-wise. or like, haukke manor actually having, the floorplan of a mansion

saying this in advance so you don't hold the level 47 dungeon against the rest of the game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

arr dungeons suck! they all suck really really bad!!

once you get to keeper of the lake you know you're finally in the home stretch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really dig Haukke Manor being an actual manor. And Qarn is cool with the big stone heads you have to kill on top of a switch. Cutter's Cry is pretty meh though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cc is one of the four dungeons recycled from 1.x and it, shows. they're all awful. the chimera is cool though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

After all this time I still can't remember which is in and which is out with the Chimera lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only mnemonic that ever stuck for me was "if the chimera wants to give you a blue job, run away". and then the other one is in

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MechaSeinfeld posted:

What's wrong with Robert Thomas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Walla posted:

What's wrong with Robert Thomas?

well it's just like the ocean under the moon