Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I haven't played enough star rail to have an opinion on it, and I don't think what is seeming like a mediocre jrpg is going to hold my attention the way genshin did, but what gachas are you playing that this is a duplicate of. there are like, maybe three decent jrpg gachas and they dont look or play like star rail

Other than how you get from one combat encounter to the next, there is no identifiable difference between any other gacha game. It's mechanically a copy/paste of every single other one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finished Octopath Traveler II a couple days ago and if anyone here likes JRPGs at all it's an absolute must play IMO. An absolute gem of a game bursting with personality and fun.

If you bounced off Octopath 1, don't let that stop you. I did too and I fell in love with Octopath 2 like I haven't fallen for an RPG in a long time.

Also it's fun looking back at Octopath 1 and seeing just how far the HD-2D visual style has come. Compare it with Live A Live remake and Octopath 2 and it's amazing how much more detailed their sprite animation has gotten and how much nicer and more natural the environments look. If you haven't seen how Octopath 1 looked in a while it can seem like Octopath 2 looks pretty much the same, but side by side it's a massive difference. Octopath 1 had like two-frame battle animations for everything while Octopath 2 has super fluid and detailed animations that I can't get enough of.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hey firstaidkite, you ever comin' back to the thread

your last post still makes it look like you died

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The 7th Guest posted:

hey firstaidkite, you ever comin' back to the thread

your last post still makes it look like you died

They never posted again??

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TheWorldsaStage posted:

They never posted again??
nope

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What was da post

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I died

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm having a problem getting a steam game to work so I'm hoping that by complaining in here then maybe it'll start working.

There's a company that puts out real plain-looking CYOA text-only games, Choice Of Games. I'm annoyed because I reinstalled one of their games that I hadn't finished playing but not only has my save data disappeared, the game claims I'm playing a free shareware version. It says if I want to upgrade to the full game, I need to pay for it, and if I did pay then I can click their button to update to the paid version. I bought this through steam. The links to try and buy it or links to update it don't actually work and the game just spits out an error and takes me back to the maijj00j0jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj;;;;;;;;;;;;;mmnpnn88onjjjjjjj9n;kl;l,.m.;lo;ll0-['[-['[[[;/;/;/ ;k; k; i j '[

;;;;l;l;lll

./

I emailed a moderator once but they told me that FAK's fiancé was still actively posting and posted that they were fine in a thread somewhere

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: he's freakazoid now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yea i know he's not dead i was just wondering if FAK decided not to come back to SA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

lol

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Shinjobi posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

yea i know he's not dead i was just wondering if FAK decided not to come back to SA

The smartest of decisions.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shinjobi posted:

ftw

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

After four months I assume that was an intentional signoff post. Glad he's ok.

Shinjobi posted:

Living the goddamn dream.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Beef as in burgers, not beef as in the horse Epona that I named beef, despite the UK accidentally selling horse meat in place of cow meat.

Nice try

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I really hope tears of the kingdom has some "teleport me back to where I was 1 minute ago" thingie because the clip where link is thrown all the way to the ground off a sky island by some noname mob still worries me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought that was funny

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Funny the first time

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ymgve posted:

I really hope tears of the kingdom has some "teleport me back to where I was 1 minute ago" thingie because the clip where link is thrown all the way to the ground off a sky island by some noname mob still worries me

watched the IGN preview and you have the travel medallion from the botw DLC to do that. you can still gently caress up and forget, but you can put down a custom fast travel point to go back to

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
did somebody say, more lore accurate fast travel? :guinness:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Tears of the Kingdom have any sort of adjustable difficulty options? I am a super bad at games, and Breath of the Wild felt really difficult to me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If your strategy for the enemy who attacks with gusts of wind is to stand at the edge maybe you deserve to get thrown off

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Breath of the Wild had a lot of enemies that can stun lock you and throw you really far.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Other than how you get from one combat encounter to the next, there is no identifiable difference between any other gacha game. It's mechanically a copy/paste of every single other one of these.
it isn't though, most turn based gachas are complete trash (outside of granblue, fgo, and octopath), this one at least has idea factory level jrpg mechanics. which ones are you talking about

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Harrow posted:

I finished Octopath Traveler II a couple days ago and if anyone here likes JRPGs at all it's an absolute must play IMO. An absolute gem of a game bursting with personality and fun.

If you bounced off Octopath 1, don't let that stop you. I did too and I fell in love with Octopath 2 like I haven't fallen for an RPG in a long time.

Also it's fun looking back at Octopath 1 and seeing just how far the HD-2D visual style has come. Compare it with Live A Live remake and Octopath 2 and it's amazing how much more detailed their sprite animation has gotten and how much nicer and more natural the environments look. If you haven't seen how Octopath 1 looked in a while it can seem like Octopath 2 looks pretty much the same, but side by side it's a massive difference. Octopath 1 had like two-frame battle animations for everything while Octopath 2 has super fluid and detailed animations that I can't get enough of.

Quoting for truth

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rarity posted:

UK blocked the ActiBlizz purchase lol

Makes you proud :britain:

bless

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing Panzer Paladin right now, and a few levels in so far, and this seems like a solid action platformer! I enjoy the NES style graphics, but wish your character had more fast paced movement.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Ace Combat 7 down!

What a tremendously daft and fun game. Sorry, "what a (missle) tremendously daft (missle) and (missle) fun game (missle)"

Nearly overstayed it's welcome but well worth the £7 or £8 I paid for it. Now to make a proper effort with Dwarf Fortress, god help me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AC7's so dumb and sincere and bombastic that I loved every second of it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Quoting for truth

It's one of the very rare JRPGs I've played all the way to 100% completion and I already know I'm gonna do it again one day. It's so good!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Playing Panzer Paladin right now, and a few levels in so far, and this seems like a solid action platformer! I enjoy the NES style graphics, but wish your character had more fast paced movement.
yeah it's solid. one of that dev's most consistently high quality games, in a catalog full of Mostly Positives

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

frytechnician posted:

Ace Combat 7 down!

What a tremendously daft and fun game. Sorry, "what a (missle) tremendously daft (missle) and (missle) fun game (missle)"

Nearly overstayed it's welcome but well worth the £7 or £8 I paid for it. Now to make a proper effort with Dwarf Fortress, god help me.

AC7 owns, definitely check out 4, 5, and zero if you can emulate or play them otherwise cause they're also great.

If you get stuck or need help the DF thread is very helpful along with the wiki. I couldn't really get into DF til the steam release and then put like 150 hours into it in a little over a month which I very rarely do with anything.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Rarity posted:

UK blocked the ActiBlizz purchase lol

Makes you proud :britain:

Where were they when Disney and Fox merged :argh:

hatty fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 26, 2023

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

counting the money they got in the earlier payoff

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Runa posted:

AC7's so dumb and sincere and bombastic that I loved every second of it

I also really enjoyed the fact that EVERYTHING was ramped to 11, no exceptions.

There's definitely a limit to what you can kind of do in an Ace Combat game and whilst I had a great time with it, I have no burning desire to go back and play through it again, nor do I want to try the previous titles. It was like the game equivalent of a freak shake.

That said, if anyone wants a graphically gorgeous, Top Gun Maverick type experience, this is 100% the game for you. Just wait for a sale though, christ is it not worth £50 at all.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Tears of the kingdom has come early. I’m going to fuse my shoe to a British regulators rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hatty posted:

Where were they when Disney and Fox merged :argh:

They had an innate tendency to support fox hunting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1651223062669393925?t=qkA_uN6fSUGr2Um5SPC-lg&s=19

Lol