Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

No Wave posted:

It's still fine in those decks. It's only been turned off for Maria Hill. I like playing this deck the most tho it's not as strong as Thanos.

Nick fury over dr doom if you wanna go full meme. SHIELD decks are generally about having a really consistent early game into dino. The hardest part is no galactus counter but good players just RNG into one.

Yeah I've been playing a "good p3 cards" deck off snap zone that has some of the parts and runs similarly. i don't have coulson or fury for a fully committed (and significantly worse deck). My only complaint with the quinjet nerf is when a location allows me to cheat out more like cloning vat, onslaughts citadel, sinister London, etc but still can't get to free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Coulson is legitimately a good card and tbh A13 + Coulson is a lot of RNG fun for not much deckbuilding cost. Nick Fury is... not.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I use Nick fury to boost dino in my top heavy deck. He's 5/13 in that scenario

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Okay the sandbar is loving dumb

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Quetzadilla posted:

Okay the sandbar is loving dumb

Yeah probably going to take the day off, not clear my missions for the first time in awhile. This seems like Patriot central and I'm awful at playing that deck.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Electro, Super Skrull, Doom, Odin. Man that guy running his Patriot deck was mad.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Don't have Patriot, but on a whim I decided to put together a Sandman ramp deck before even noticing the featured location, and filling the sandbar with Doombots and/or a Zola'd Black Panther is working well enough so far.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Sandbar isn't too bad with a Patriot deck & Super Skrull. It's especially funny to drop Super Skrull on their Patriot & Mystique then add your Patriot on 6.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Welcome to Patriot day that location is awful oh god

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This location is gonna suck poo poo in regular rotation

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm really glad I hit infinite before this featured location came up with the deck I've been using this system (same list as I posted for last season, just with Death in for Hulk) but I'm wrecking poo poo with Super Skrull Patriot

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This location stinks.

That is all.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Quackles posted:

This location stinks.

That is all.

Another reason to run Galactus today.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CitizenKeen posted:

You don't have to make poo poo up. Marvel's filled with perfect examples.

Captain Marvel was born... Mar-Vell.

I have to call you out on that one. Mar-Vell becomes known as Captain Marvel because people misunderstood him when he first introduced himself. It's not a name he chose.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Quackles posted:

This location stinks.

That is all.

Dont know what you're talking about

Looking great

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
famous hot location, limbo

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Goddamn, logged in after a few days of not playing and lost 8 in a row :yikes:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandbar is just Sanctum but with a chance of getting a card in, otherwise all the usual stuff applies there, I don't see the big deal

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Did this game really need yet another Sanctum?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Opopanax posted:

Sandbar is just Sanctum but with a chance of getting a card in, otherwise all the usual stuff applies there, I don't see the big deal

Seems like it's just a gimme for Patriot decks, kinda like how Death and Deadpool love anything that destroys what you play on it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's just another copy of sanctum added the pool that gifts wins to an already strong meta deck in a mechanically uninteresting way - how is this not something you want?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hopefully it means that High Evolutionary will be out soon

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Just played a round with

Isle of Silence - Sinister London - Sandbar

The game was brutal to my opponent - every card they dropped on London got shuffled over to Isle of Silence. Each time. I took each location by 1-2 points, but goddamn.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Super skrull is the real winner in this hot location meta

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sandbar & Sanctum are both unfun locations, but they're only two of like 100+, so when they show up you can either adapt to them or take the quick L and move on.

But it sucks when they get featured, because suddenly there's only one correct way to play and every game becomes boring. And if you're someone who doesn't have Patriot (me) it's just better to put the game down and ignore it until tomorrow.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I remain completely fine with bad/lovely locations, but also maintain that they absolutely need to tweak the appearance percentages on them and whether or not they can roll with similar locations. Something like Bar With No Name is infinitely more interesting than Sanctum because you can still interact with it, remove it, do weird mind games with it. Similarly I like Sandbar better than Sanctum; if Zero and Sauron can also do shenanigans on it right now in addition to Patriot. But yeah, I’m very glad they’ve dialed back on the time and frequency of the boosted spots.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I wouldn't mind a mode where you and an opponent each pick one location, and the computer picks one at random. To make it fair, I could see it like you have a 'deck' of 10-12 locations that the computer can pick from so you can't just go hog wild with the same spot each time.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's more frustrating to me if they have a featured location and it doesn't show up every game. Like if I'm gonna have to build a deck around your dumb location don't leave me hanging

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Kooriken posted:

Yeah probably going to take the day off, not clear my missions for the first time in awhile. This seems like Patriot central and I'm awful at playing that deck.

Same. Going to try a surfer patriot and Zero for a 4/10 and see if thats ok for dailies

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zero wouldn't work, I don't think, for the same reason he doesn't let you play Ebony Maw after turn 3.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Patriot is good for this location, but so are Vision, Doom, White Tiger, Ultron, etc.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Red posted:

I wouldn't mind a mode where you and an opponent each pick one location, and the computer picks one at random. To make it fair, I could see it like you have a 'deck' of 10-12 locations that the computer can pick from so you can't just go hog wild with the same spot each time.

I'm told they tried that early on during initial development and it was confusing and not that fun.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Zero only zaps em after they're down and they have abilities before they're down

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Quackles posted:

I'm told they tried that early on during initial development and it was confusing and not that fun.

Interesting. I wonder what the hang-up was.

It seems like if the game created a starter deck of standard locations as a default, it'd be simple, but I'm not a game tester.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Red posted:

Interesting. I wonder what the hang-up was.

It seems like if the game created a starter deck of standard locations as a default, it'd be simple, but I'm not a game tester.

The confusing was in setting up the location deck. (I think their prototype had each player choose one location.)

The 'not fun' was your opponent getting the location that hoses you every time.

(Imagine if I was playing a Discard deck and my chosen location was Sokovia. Or if I was playing Patriot and my chosen location was Sandbar!)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
If players could pick a location every game would be TVA, Weirdworld, Worldship, and Ego. Have fun.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think they found it restricted design space too much. Think about how dumb junk + sanctum would be or death + collapsed mine or knull + lolmentis let alone locations like bar with no name. It would end up being a completely different game.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, I can totally see that, even with a large deck of locations the computer would pick at random.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

I’ve been trying to climb with Patriot, which wasn’t/isn’t going that well, especially since I’ve seen 95% mirrors today, but occasionally it’s been fun…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just played super skrull chicken with another patriot player where we waited until the end to play skrull and then spider man pointed at each other