Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

wokow6 posted:

I have no idea what that means, but it's nice to feel chosen.

Welt's previous job title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Nice.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Looking through the Log where all the events are, it looks like everyone will get Natasha for free eventually after some story quest or something. So at least nobody has to worry about going without a healer for too long.

Eimi posted:

The Herrscher of Reason has chosen you.

Out of curiosity is Yanqing anyone super crazy from Honkai lore? I've never read up on any of it at all but he seems cool for essentially being a more bratty ice flavored Xingqiu.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Looking through the Log where all the events are, it looks like everyone will get Natasha for free eventually after some story quest or something. So at least nobody has to worry about going without a healer for too long.

Out of curiosity is Yanqing anyone super crazy from Honkai lore? I've never read up on any of it at all but he seems cool for essentially being a more bratty ice flavored Xingqiu.

Nope, he's new. Odds are the guys are new because Honkai is overwhelming populated by women. Of the rest of the playable cast it's Bronya, Himeko, Luocha, Natasha, Seele, Silver Wolf, and Shushang as Honkai exports. Cocolia remains unplayable, but she's also from Honkai.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
I tried the game for couple of hours and I've got to admit, the combat just bores me to death. I know that these kind of games rely on autocombat and fast forward but that just makes it feel even more like a chore. Even the nice character animations for burst skills and ultimates feel lot less cool when you see all of them several times per combat. It's a shame really because outside of combat there's a lot to like in the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

given that they kind of even made it into genshin, odds are raiden mei and yae will also appear in this at some point

curious if we'll get any expies of raw genshin characters. this is clearly positioned as just a honkai thing but i mean, zhongli.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I do kinda wish they'd bothered to do more than one voice line for ultimates. Genshin at least gives you like 2 or 3 usually.

CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME MOVE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually the insane thing is that there are multiple lines for ultimates, characters actually have a lot of combat lines

its just that they have one half for playing at normal speed and one half for when youre playing at 2x speed

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sampo's VA originally auditioned for an episode of American Dad and stumbled into the wrong booth by mistake, and you can't convince me otherwise.

I mean, I love him, but that is not the sounds I expected to come out of a Mihoyo prettyboy.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

given that they kind of even made it into genshin, odds are raiden mei and yae will also appear in this at some point

curious if we'll get any expies of raw genshin characters. this is clearly positioned as just a honkai thing but i mean, zhongli.

I don't know if Dan Heng is an expie, he could be Zhongli, but he also could be Adam. In either case the voice actor changed, but it's not like Adam had much if any voiced dialogue. I fully expect all the main Honkai girls to come and Kiana, Mei, and Fu Hua will rob me just like Seele did because I will have to have them. If a Yae comes, I think it will be Miko over Sakura. I don't think Sakura is that popular especially compared to Miko. But Miko would compete with Elysia, unless they say gently caress it and we get Miko and Elysia in the same game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i love hitting thing with bat

I hope the main character isnt as bad as genshin's lumine so i can keep lil sluggering

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Apparently you will unlock Fire MC at some point and that one is legit a real good moveset. Mayhaps they are gonna do the same thing with Trailblazer that they are doing with Traveler in Genshin and give them a version in every element throughout the life of the game.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I doubt we'll get it cause of the similar design of the MC's but I'd love a decently happy and friendly playable Sirin in Star Rail

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
March 7th froze a guards gun and told him to have an ice day. That was better than any joke from that piece of poo poo paimon.

I just got to belobog and I hope it’s a preview of what’s to come. I wasn’t really paying attention on space station herta but “go to the planet, get the stellaron” is very straightforward but you can do a million things with it

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I haven't left the first station yet but is physical mc bad for just numbers reasons? Having single target/aoe burst seems nice on paper.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Two sessions with this game and I'm already grinding through fights with auto-battle so I can get level-up materials. I don't know if I'm going to stick with this. I got Himeko off the starter banner, though, that's pretty cool.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I haven't left the first station yet but is physical mc bad for just numbers reasons? Having single target/aoe burst seems nice on paper.

There's another physical destruction character in the game who is really really good who just kind of obsoletes them. There's also a dedicated physical hunt damage dealer, so for both bruiser and single target they are out muscled. Of course since Clara is a standard 5* you might never roll her, but she has one of the highest damage potentials currently (if you can taunt her).

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Ah, makes sense. I only recently rolled diluc over in genshin despite playing since launch so... who knows lol

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I discovered that there's a secret game ending, which I really was not at all expecting.

Details: First you have to ask Herta about living on the station about five times in a row or so, then you have to tell Asta that you have Herta's permission, -then- you have to talk to Himeko and tell her you would rather stay on the station than join the express, which the game gives you about three chances to back out from. If you do all that the game gives you a few CGs and an epilogue narration giving you an overview of how that works out for you, then sends you back to the title screen and when you log back in you're before the choice which is also removed.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

whos got your favorite phone case so far???

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Cirina posted:

So I discovered that there's a secret game ending, which I really was not at all expecting.

Details: First you have to ask Herta about living on the station about five times in a row or so, then you have to tell Asta that you have Herta's permission, -then- you have to talk to Himeko and tell her you would rather stay on the station than join the express, which the game gives you about three chances to back out from. If you do all that the game gives you a few CGs and an epilogue narration giving you an overview of how that works out for you, then sends you back to the title screen and when you log back in you're before the choice which is also removed.

I was wondering how far that particular choice tree went, glad they went the whole way.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Where do you enter redemption codes?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This company sure has the graphics and animation on lock.

Between this and Genshin they are like 10/10

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I've ended up hitting Trailblazer 20 in a day. Game good. Not sure how long I'll stick around but good lord is Bronya silly once you get a stacked DPS. If I ever get Seele I imagine the game just keels over and dies.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

RULES...... ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN!!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really like the sound design a lot but I'm about ready to turn it off due to the like 1 or two voice lines for attacks.

They need to be toned down or something.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

For what it's worth there's four different language choices for voice acting, so if one doesn't work for you then you can switch it up and just live the subtitles life!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Redezga posted:

For what it's worth there's four different language choices for voice acting, so if one doesn't work for you then you can switch it up and just live the subtitles life!

Are there subtitles for in combat barks?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So do all your party members have an equal chance of drawing aggro, assuming they dont have an item or talent that specifically changes that?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I certainly learned quite a bit about dumpsters and their motives today.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Yeah I actually really like the dub but I might switch languages just because hearing the same lines over and over again is far less annoying when I don’t understand it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
the worst feeling in the world is having a six-item series and missing item two and only item two

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
game seems to run decently on a retroid pocket 3+ but it also doesn't support controllers (genshin didn't on android but star rail doesn't even on ios) so like, nuts to that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So do all your party members have an equal chance of drawing aggro, assuming they dont have an item or talent that specifically changes that?
largely yes, though some characters have slightly higher/lower inherent taunt value (tanky shielders have the highest, healers have the lowest, its mostly just a convenience feature to make the enemies smack your healer less)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

When are dailies unlocked? I got to the first thing that let me spend stamina and burnt all that before going to bed but I'm going to miss the first day worth of dailies it looks like because of work taking up time and stuff.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Cynic Jester posted:

I've ended up hitting Trailblazer 20 in a day. Game good. Not sure how long I'll stick around but good lord is Bronya silly once you get a stacked DPS. If I ever get Seele I imagine the game just keels over and dies.

I got Bronya and Seele. Do you mean anything fancier than just "make the strong character act more often?" To be honest, bumping Seele up the turn order is less relatively useful in some ways, since she's so fast that she was probably going next anyway. Although the ATK buff never hurts.

In terms of actual combos though, I've noticed that even though Bronya's ATK buff only lasts 1 turn, that doesn't mean 1 attack, and you can squeeze in a boosted Ult without losing the buff.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 27, 2023

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Ibblebibble posted:

When are dailies unlocked? I got to the first thing that let me spend stamina and burnt all that before going to bed but I'm going to miss the first day worth of dailies it looks like because of work taking up time and stuff.

A story quest, you'll hit it around Trailblazer 13.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Do you need to make a new account or can you use the one used for Genshin Impact? I have not played in a long time and cannot recall my account info, not sure if it is worth looking up or not.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Do you need to make a new account or can you use the one used for Genshin Impact? I have not played in a long time and cannot recall my account info, not sure if it is worth looking up or not.
You can use the same account, but there's no benefit to them both being on the same account, you don't get any kind of bonus or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I tried starting this up on mobile and it's just so plodding. No skip button on cutscenes, long periods of just staring at people before it continues, I made it to meeting March 7 before I got too annoyed. Is the whole thing like this?

I don't mind the gameplay I saw so far, either running around or combat, it's the dialogue and cutscenes that felt like they should've been twice as fast.

Edit: on a different note, is there a valid reason this game doesn't work with AdGuard or is that a bug of some sort? First game I've had on the phone that had that issue right up front, anything else has run fine until it tried to force an ad.