Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Tost is Toast

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ICpwMfajuj.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol at hiring a ferrari race director

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ArmZ posted:

lol at hiring a ferrari race director

We are checking.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rhopunzel posted:

Looks like MustardFacial's favorite FIA prez may end up going back to Middle Eastern Rally for that 15th title

FIA president Mohammed ben Sulayem accused of sexism and bullying

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2023/04/25/mohammed-ben-sulayem-fia-sexism-bullying-shaila-ann-rao/

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Can't wait for the McLaren front row lockout on Saturday Friday!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Randomly managed to find the 2015 thread and lmao at the Maldornado writeup.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lmao
https://wtf1.com/post/nikita-mazepin-plots-f1-return-by-launching-legal-action-against-canada/

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I think I've stumbled upon the perfect F1 sessions.

Friday: Free Practice 1 & 2, 90 min sessions each
Saturday: Free Practice 3, 90 min session. Qualifying, same as current
Sunday: Sunday Warm Up session - 30 mins. Race

Yes I'm old.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The perfect F1 is no F1 and just give the trophy to Zak Brown

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

The perfect F1 is no F1 and just give the trophy to Zak Brown
Only if he manages to fit in his teams current F1 car.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Grimson posted:

go leafs

The Lance Strolls of the nhl.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Did grandpa Tost get canned because he publicly stated that he straight up doesn't trust his engineers, question.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe he's old.

One of the testing or free practices this year he was on f1tv saying he's never taken Christmas off so maybe he wants to do that finally.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

ja_raul posted:

Did grandpa Tost get canned because he publicly stated that he straight up doesn't trust his engineers, question.

we are checking

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

God forbid formula 1 allows a country perpetrating human rights violations to sportswash its image

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah three races in the USA is a bit much

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

hold on

am I to understand that it's RAWE CEEK

that can't be right

Thanks to the sprint it is in fact RAWES CEEK.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ja_raul posted:

Given how lacklustre the most recent crop of RB academy drivers has been, to the point where they hired Perez and Gasly instead of one of their fizzy drinks children, and how invested the main team is in Verstappen's future it wouldn't surprise me if they're looking to build out Alpha Tauri as a more independent outfit with a view to selling it on in the future. With Mateschitz shuffling off his mortal coil last year it's plausible that the board of Red Bull are questioning the value of a whole second Formula 1 team promoting a clothing brand whilst doing gently caress all of value and currently isn't producing any notable racing talent for the main team.

Given the investment that Porsche were willing to make and that Audi is making, I would imagine that it's brought the issue front and centre to the attention of the Red Bull board who would look to line up a large manufacturer to buy the team and turn it into a works outfit. But that's all speculation.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 27, 2023

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I feel they are going to indeed sell AT down the line but for now want to hold onto it and increase it's value,
I can see them selling it to Andretti on the condition they use RBPT-Ford engines. And Andretti-Cadillac doesn't seem to be moving anyway.
Then again watch it turn into a Skoda works team, who knows.

RB needs to start looking for their next golden child after Max as well, cause I do believe him saying he won't race much F1 into his 30's.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max likes iRacing better than F1.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

It's not actually. Three races in the Middle East would be a lot though.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

marshalljim posted:

Max likes iRacing better than F1.

me too

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

The houthis have no excuse if they fail to drop a missile on any of them.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1651570774052839425?s=20

FIA is deliberately sabotaging mclaren with the sprint changes that reduce practice even more rendering the baku upgrades ineffective :argh:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArmZ posted:

FIA is deliberately sabotaging mclaren with the sprint changes that reduce practice even more rendering the baku upgrades ineffective :argh:

it's the FIA not the MIA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lol he's taking Canada to court over the sanctions list? Yeah, I'm sure Minister Champagne is gonna get right on that, Niki

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’m trying to figure out how I can possibly be awake for a 4 AM race. Much too early to wake up, but much too late to stay up. Maybe the worst time for a race to start for me

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Watch it when you wake up op

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ArmZ posted:

This is getting them into Q3, op

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

This is getting them into Q3, op

at that point they'd red flag it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i've been watching old races again and holy poo poo 2004 was a shitshow

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ArmZ posted:

this is all i need to see. mclaren wcc 2023

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
no e-ink advertising screens, 2/10

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I would like to see Honda-Aston.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Zedd posted:

I feel they are going to indeed sell AT down the line but for now want to hold onto it and increase it's value,
I can see them selling it to Andretti on the condition they use RBPT-Ford engines. And Andretti-Cadillac doesn't seem to be moving anyway.
Then again watch it turn into a Skoda works team, who knows.

RB needs to start looking for their next golden child after Max as well, cause I do believe him saying he won't race much F1 into his 30's.

GM’s ridiculous bullishness looks especially dumb now as this year they’ve brought most of their motorsport programs in house as opposed to outsourcing like the usually do. Results in WEC/IMSA/ICS have been pretty middling to outright bad.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
In the most recent Indycar race in Long Beach Hondas swept the first 5 positions in qualifying and the race, and this is a spec chassis series.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

But that's only because good lad and McLaren driver Pato O'ward decided he was too good for everyone and firstly punted Scott Dixon into the wall (good thing) and then felt guilty about it and did the honorable thing by doing the same thing to himself a few laps later.

Seriously you should all watch Indycar its a great source of entertainment most of the time. And McLaren have been performing really well.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Switching the second RB car main sponsor to a clothing brand you can’t get in the US just when F1 takes off in the US is :chefskiss:

Like look at this list of shipping countries! They even have Canada but not the US.
https://alphatauri.com/en-int/settings/

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

smackfu posted:

Switching the second RB car main sponsor to a clothing brand you can’t get in the US just when F1 takes off in the US is :chefskiss:

Like look at this list of shipping countries! They even have Canada but not the US.
https://alphatauri.com/en-int/settings/

the future is n0w https://alphatauri.com/en-int/p/men/heatable-and-water-repellent-trenchcoat/ATA21519/?vc=M-154955

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

In the most recent Indycar race in Long Beach Hondas swept the first 5 positions in qualifying and the race, and this is a spec chassis series.

I…am not sure anything would have changed with Chevy’s ICS engine program, I haven’t seen anything about Ilmor no longer building or developing it. Plus Penske has been competitive and won at Texas and that’s all that program needs.

Corvettes are fine in IMSA, the C8R in WEC has gotten on the podium twice in GTE AM, the Caddy has been competitive in GTP and surprisingly quick in WEC even though Toyota is still doing Toyota things there. Can’t speak to NASCAR but Hendricks have been getting penalized so clearly they’re still trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Does f1tv show my local time for events or race local time and I have to convert?