Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Victor Vermis posted:

VINCE MCMAHON WITH A MUSTACHE

You doin OK, buddy? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Quackles posted:

You doin OK, buddy? :ohdear:

OPEN CHALLENGE TO ALL:

Make a deck consisting only of DAN HIPP/CHIBI/BABY variants. In 10 minutes I will post the challenge code and we will fite.

The Victor will be declared the "Ok Buddy" and thusly will be free from all criticism about their posting for so long as they hold the title.

PS: i am serious

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Victor Vermis posted:

OPEN CHALLENGE TO ALL:

Make a deck consisting only of DAN HIPP/CHIBI/BABY variants. In 10 minutes I will post the challenge code and we will fite.

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 29985

edit: timed out!

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 27, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Victor Vermis posted:

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 29985

edit: timed out!

Do it again!

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

Kooriken posted:

I did it! Made it to infinite! Used Tempo most of the way up and Darkhawk Dino for the last 5 levels.

If I hadn't been a coward I could even have claimed I got there off an Ego game, but I was 4 cubes out dangit can you blame me for my weakness in not snapping?

Congrats! What does a Tempo deck look like?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I don't play Snap on the toilet, but I did just put this together there as a sort of variant deck-building challenge (don't worry, I washed my hands!)

And I had it for a while, but I had no idea this Electro variant is a Chibi instead of a Baby: https://snap.fan/cards/Electro/Electro_05/

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I just got enough Dan Hipp variants to make a whole deck, and it is just the worst deck
Kazar with one 1-drop! Apocalypse with no discard! Onslaught can boost... Medusa, I guess? Goose is there purely to trip myself up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Artelier posted:

Did they ever confirm if Token Tuesday's are going to be a forever recurring thing? And if yes, how does The Tokens bundle compare to it? Sitting on almost 6.5k tokens so I can grab bundle and hit 6k right now, but not sure if that's better value than just holding out for Token Tuesdays if it's ongoing

That art nice tho

We went over this a few pages back. The Tokens bundle is worse VFM than any Token Tuesday except the smallest, so unless you want the variant or really want to maximise tokens don't bother.

We don't know if TTs will be forever, but for now we have no reason to think that they're not. They've been popular enough that SD have recurred them past their initial period, and usually they will only do that with something they plan to keep.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Battle recap is cool this season!

https://www.marvelsnap.com/battlerecap/s11

I only played cosmo 125 times, way below what I thought! Devil dino in 361 games, which is about what I was expecting. I snap 18% of games and retreat 22% of games, which is less than I'd thought it would be.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 27, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Kooriken posted:

I did it! Made it to infinite! Used Tempo most of the way up and Darkhawk Dino for the last 5 levels.

If I hadn't been a coward I could even have claimed I got there off an Ego game, but I was 4 cubes out dangit can you blame me for my weakness in not snapping?

whats this tempo deck?

Also yea dinohawk is awesome. One of the decks I finally learned to play yesterday since it worked with the poo poo location. Stormed one end with Hawk, and just outscore patriot in the other playable lane

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I dont think the stats are very accurate. I did not play Shang-Chi that many times.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I snapped 4% of the time and gained an average of 1 cube from games I won :v:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

the_american_dream posted:

whats this tempo deck?

I think it's the same as if you played a weenie deck in MTG. Tons of little guys with all sorts of ways to pump them.

Edit: Oh, another article suggests the concept is playing all cards with power higher than cost instead of relying on combos.

I'll hang up and wait for the answer.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I finally got Thanos. What a fun card! It sucks to play against them but playing as these deck defining cards like this and Galactus really put new life into the game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Red posted:

I think it's the same as if you played a weenie deck in MTG. Tons of little guys with all sorts of ways to pump them.

Edit: Oh, another article suggests the concept is playing all cards with power higher than cost instead of relying on combos.

I'll hang up and wait for the answer.

Yea thats typically called Zoo or Kazoo here so I assume its your edit

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Who are these people who are 2000+ net positive cubes with hit monkey?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I thought tempo was just the strong synergyless on-curve cards like iceman scorpion lizard polaris with some top end. The kinds of decks that used to run leader, then aero, now idk.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

No Wave posted:

I thought tempo was just the strong synergyless on-curve cards like iceman scorpion lizard polaris with some top end. The kinds of decks that used to run leader, then aero, now idk.

Just because I'm relatively new to the game, I looked up the literal character named Tempo to see if she had a card.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I played Professor X in... 951 games...?*

I would really like the full data but it's cool that they're giving anything.

*I do really have an issue with starting a game and then getting autoescaped and losing a cube because I got distracted with other things or interrupted.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 27, 2023

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Red posted:

Just because I'm relatively new to the game, I looked up the literal character named Tempo to see if she had a card.

Tempo isn't yet a card but could be eventually, Heather Tucker is Tempo in the comics https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Heather_Tucker_(Earth-616)

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Chainclaw posted:

Tempo isn't yet a card but could be eventually, Heather Tucker is Tempo in the comics https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Heather_Tucker_(Earth-616)

4/3 "Repeat the current turn."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DurosKlav posted:

I dont think the stats are very accurate. I did not play Shang-Chi that many times.

They're definitely not accurate. They said I'd played Wave more times than I've played games.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I snapped 48% of games, won an average of 3 cubes, and retreated 17%. :blastu:

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

My most played location is... Flooded.

Yeah, sounds about right.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The only inaccurate thing about this is that's the wrong Mystique variant

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I've apparently upgraded Steampunk Bishop 12 times, which is likely true. It's a rad card and works in a lot of my decks.

Also, I've apparently won on Sacred Timeline in 73% of my games, so its my lucky spot.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Id like to see the percentage of likelihood that certain zones appear because I'm pretty sure places like ego bwnn and the peak are lower than most

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ego and worldship are the two that are confirmed to be super rare. There are also common and uncommon locations (I recall hearing that attilan is unfortunately common, bar sin is uncommon) but I dont think there's public info around more granular designations than that. I rarely see peak as well so there may well be.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I just found out about this Battle Recap and these stats don't look right. Apparently i played Nimrod 428 times despite not owning him and Wolverine 666 times, which is a very large number and I don't even currently play Destroy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I had the same S10 numbers when I manually entered the URL so I can confirm the S10 stats are broken. My S11 stats looked good even if others' didnt.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

apparently I saw district X in like 70% of my games, which feels about right anyway

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Do OTA balance changes happen today?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

Do OTA balance changes happen today?

Allegedly around 3pm EST, but I think that’s operating on a presumption that the “every week OTA updates” are starting this month and not next.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Very helpful stats, there. Accurate, at least; I never bothered to make a monkey deck.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Apparently playing goose cost me 6 cubes this season

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I won every game I played monke on.

And also

It ain't wrong.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

April 27th - OTA Balance Updates
Welcome to the new world of regular balance updates using OTA! OTA stands for ‘Over-the-Air,’ which means we can change the game without a big download. We’re making four changes today to freshen up the game balance, let’s dive right in:

Shanna
[Old] 4/2 – On Reveal: Add a random 1-Cost card to each location.
[New] 4/4 – On Reveal: Add a random 1-Cost card to each location.
Shanna has fallen a bit flat since release. Even during the height of Zabu’s might, she was a low-performing 4-Cost card and we’d like to give her a better chance to shine. This buff is simple, but highlights that Shanna wasn’t being appropriately compensated for needing four available slots to hit her ceiling. In general, cards and decks that fill many slots early are safer to make strong, since there’s plenty of game left to react or retreat and their ability to gain cubes is impeded. This is especially true in Shanna’s case, where the randomness and the existence of cards like Killmonger makes her a bit riskier. Hopefully this additional Power is enough.

Lizard
[Old] 2/5 – Ongoing: -3 Power if your opponent has 4 cards here.
[New] 2/5 – Ongoing: -4 Power if your opponent has 4 cards here.
When one card becomes a clear outlier on play rate because it’s playable in a huge number of decks, that’s something we flag and keep an eye on. That doesn’t mean we always take action–it’s important for us to keep in mind that the Series structure can serve to make cards appear overplayed when they’re actually just widely available. However, when we have a clear top card for the Cost and can slice a little bit of strength away from it without necessarily dethroning it, that’s largely a solid change for us to make. So that’s what’s happening here, with arguably the softest nerf we’ve ever made.

Sandman
[Old] 5/5 – Ongoing: Players can only play 1 card a turn.
[New] 5/3 – Ongoing: Players can only play 1 card a turn.
Since Sandman’s change from 4/1 to 5/5, we’ve seen him become a foundational piece of an Electro-based strategy that slows down the opponent and makes his effect feel asymmetrical by contesting multiple lanes with Dr. Doom or just some heavy hitters. That’s certainly the deck we expected to see, but it’s become more popular than we’d like. This tap on the main man makes him a less competitive source of Power, giving added edge to players committing cards early and making the endgame choices of each player more likely to ultimately determine the outcome of the game.

Enchantress
[Old] 4/4 – On Reveal: Remove the abilities from all Ongoing cards at this location.
[New] 4/6 – On Reveal: Remove the abilities from all Ongoing cards at this location.
It’s been particularly telling to us that in a world where Armor, Patriot, Darkhawk, Devil Dinosaur, Sandman, Blue Marvel, and even Knull are major players that Enchantress is a poor performer on both popularity and actual winning. There are mitigating factors, of course–Energy curves, priority battles, and so forth. But ultimately, she’s not functioning as a solid counter for Ongoing cards, especially the symmetrical ones that Rogue can’t interact with. Hopefully, this change lets her contest locations in addition to neutralizing major Power problems like Darkhawk or reclaiming a big turn 6 from an early Sandman.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Think maybe they should have made Lizard a 2/4 -> 2/2 rather than a 2/5 -> 2/1. That Enchantress buff is loving nuts though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nah, i think lizard wouldn't get played if he was base 2/4

def excited to put enchantress back in decks, though, I have a killer variant for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lizard I don't get necessarily because he's already a loser against a full lane so it fundamentally changes nothing except for perception

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 27, 2023