Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Took the entire 50 for my 5 star Clara, but she's been fun. Love to have a real tank to pair with March.

ID 600423816 if anyone wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If anyone wants a healer buddy, add Dogtoucher at 600030776. Might as well help get the goon friend train running.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Pulled Clara as my guaranteed beginner banner 5* and she seems, uh, real good with March and Asta (using Dan Heng as my fourth). I'm only on the first planet just got to the underground area and having no problems with anything.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

The problem with Clara is where are her shoes. you live on an ice planet.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

God I love Sampo

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

delfin posted:

If anyone wants a healer buddy, add Dogtoucher at 600030776. Might as well help get the goon friend train running.

How many hours did you spend touching the dog?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tangents posted:

The problem with Clara is where are her shoes. you live on an ice planet.

the robot carries her its fine

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My ID is 600466252, character name Meluith, to get in on that invite thing.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who is a good healer in the game and is it not possible to heal during battle?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Who is a good healer in the game and is it not possible to heal during battle?
Natasha and Bailu are the two main healers, a few other characters have very incidental healing. You get Natasha for free from the story. Characters have healing skills and such like a normal RPG but you can't use food during battle. Likewise if you wanna heal outside of battle you need to use food or other consumables, or find one of the anchors.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You can heal in battle if you have a healer ("Abundance"). They give you a free healer after a certain point in the plot but honestly she seems pretty weak.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Natasha removes debuffs and heals so she's kind of necessary in a lot of content, especially if you don't have Bailu.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Clarste posted:

Having both a shielder and a healer seems like overkill, but I guess the idea is that nothing matters when Clara is killing everything?

You kinda need a healer of some sort after a certain point and March also pairs well with Clara because she will also counter against any enemy who hits an ally who’s shielded. So any hit on Clara triggers both Clara’s counter and March’s counter.

You don’t need both for most normal encounters but it feels pretty necessary for stuff like simulated universe right now

Absum
May 28, 2013

Kale posted:

Silver Wolf If you play the game in Japanese you'll notice she has the same voice actor and kind of looks like Bronya, which is because she essentially is the child form of Bronya Zaychik from Honkai 3rd. Bronya was an orphaned Russian child following the 2nd Honkai Eruption conflict (chronicled in a 10 volume or so manga series) that was recruited as an assassin by the Siberian army and became known as the legendary Silver Wolf. Eventually she would be sent on a mission to assassinate the terrorist Cocolia, but ended up failing and was captured and recruited into Cocolia's "Orphanage" which was essentially just the same life as a trained killer she'd always lived. It was there that she would meet Seele Vollerei though and find her first friend in life and they'd form a deep sisterly bond. In the manga Azure Waters Cocolia would attempt to run a test on entering the Quantum realm which Seele would eventually volunteer for in order to save Bronya from the ordeal, but she would get lost in the Quantuum realm during the experiment leading Bronya to try to enter to rescue her anyway. Staying too long in the quantuum realm had some adverse effects though which lead to a seizure essentially robbing Bronya of the ability to properly express emotions, though she still seems to understand and be able to process those of people around her. This is why she has such a lispy monotone voice in at least the Japanese dub of the game despite a healthy dose of sarcasm to a lot of her lines. Eventually she'd be sent on a mission to try to kidnap Raiden Mei in Japan (It was known by Cocolia that she's the natural Herscherr of Thunder and Cocolia is trying to collect Herscherr cores for one of her many experiments), but she ends up forming a friendship with the two after the 3rd honkai eruption breaks out and defects from and joins the group on their journey through the warzone of Nagazora where they're eventually all recruited and rescued by Himeko's detachment. Based in large part on the sarcastic quippy low emotion characters in sci-fi/mecha anime popularized by the likes of Rei Ayanami from Evangelion and Ruri Hoshino from Martian Successor Nadesico.
You got the wrong Honkai character there. Star Rail Silver Wolf is not really a Bronya expie (even if she is a Bronya), she's Bronie/Haxxor Bunny, a captainverse/event character. Possibly even literally instead of just an expie, given her backstory in HI3 (dunno about her story in SR yet).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

okay kale have you actually played honkai impact or just read the wiki

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
the gently caress is a expie it sounds like a slur

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

sure friend time, 600610540

I dunno how useful my dudes will be to anyone but go ham

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

did voices in my head just make me kill a poor hotel cleaner???

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Every Praise of High Morals I get makes me feel ashamed of the words and deeds I could've said and done

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

God I love Sampo

That stacking wind Debuff has been doing some heavy lifting for me. Got him, trailblazer, March and Welt in a team and it's just DOT hell for enemies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

neat detail, the photos in march's room actually update as you go through the story

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Excelzior posted:

Every Praise of High Morals I get makes me feel ashamed of the words and deeds I could've said and done

On the other hand I will gladly spend my praise to dig through a fountain for treasure like some sort of horrible goblin person.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm id: 600328821 America

add me (I have no idea what friends do if anything)

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Finally got my 50 in and got Bronya. I feel blessed.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

my 50 was Gepard :effort: I don't like tanks and Shielders

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Tangents posted:

Took the entire 50 for my 5 star Clara, but she's been fun. Love to have a real tank to pair with March.

ID 600423816 if anyone wants

Same but annoyed that I have to double up on physical because harder poo poo needs Natasha. Wanted Welt purely for attractive dude reasons but Clara has been fun. My luck has been abysmal so far; absolutely nothing earlier than the soft 4* pity at 9 pulls (assuming it's the same as Genshin which seems likely). The game is super fun though and I'm locked into this account because I don't want a separate login for it and Genshin.

It also has a lot of QoL I wish Genshin had. Relics (aka artifacts) can be trashed for the relic xp currency. loving life changer.

Anyways I'm 600206717 if any goons wanna be friends.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
what do the high morals things do anyway

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

UID 601163536 on NA for any goon friends

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
hmm i read an article that implied that by the time i leave the tutorial area with Kafka and Silver Wolf, i should have enough pulls to clear out the 50-pull beginner banner? is that true??
i'm on the train now, about to go to an ice planet (?) and i've only gotten 40 pulls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

hmm i read an article that implied that by the time i leave the tutorial area with Kafka and Silver Wolf, i should have enough pulls to clear out the 50-pull beginner banner? is that true??
i'm on the train now and i've only gotten 40 pulls
maybe if you open every single chest? but no i only had 30 pulls by the time i got on the train

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I was one ticket short of 40 pulls when I got on the train (not spending crystals on it because I assume it's like Genshin where you should only spend them on the even banners)

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Leraika posted:

what do the high morals things do anyway

The only use I've found for them so far is to steal from the wishing fountain in ice city.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Also have beta players determined whether it's a good idea to pull on the current event banner or hoard for a later one?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Bland posted:

The only use I've found for them so far is to steal from the wishing fountain in ice city.

:stonk: why would you do that, you monster

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

the game is undoubtedly the current target for every SEO AI so i would 110% assume any article is just them endlessly circulating the same false information one of them made up until explicitly proven otherwise

enjoying the game so far; starting pulls got me Tamamo at home Tingyun, who seems a bit weak without proper synergy but has a cute fox phone case so I can't complain. hopefully the starter 5* keeps up the good luck when I get to it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

did that loving robot just make a your mom joke

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

Also have beta players determined whether it's a good idea to pull on the current event banner or hoard for a later one?

The next banner guy is apparently real good but Seele is cute + also good so go with your heart.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nick Buntline posted:

the game is undoubtedly the current target for every SEO AI so i would 110% assume any article is just them endlessly circulating the same false information one of them made up until explicitly proven otherwise

enjoying the game so far; starting pulls got me Tamamo at home Tingyun, who seems a bit weak without proper synergy but has a cute fox phone case so I can't complain. hopefully the starter 5* keeps up the good luck when I get to it.
Tingyun is really really strong but she needs a good DPS to buff, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

Seele is good, but the next character is an extremely strong AOE damage dealer, and their banner also has Tingyun and Sushang on it, two of the best 4*s. So up to you, roll for who you want.

That said, (leaks about upcoming banners) In the next patch we're going to be getting Kafka and Silver Wolf from the intro, so if you liked their designs/personalities there, save for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Can't believe all that stuff I did in that closet counts as a Good Deed