Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
huh, so risant health is gonna plan to acquire 5-6 more systems? drat lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Just interested in an update.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Just interested in an update.

the thread turning on you thirty seconds after you got ik'd broke your brain lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Be positive as Jay would want you both to be friends not foes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

the thread turning on you thirty seconds after you got ik'd broke your brain lol

Man I just want a housing update. You don't need to get weird

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

go outside

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

Man I just want a housing update. You don't need to get weird

thread title

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

euphronius posted:

go outside

thread title

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

go outside

Thread title

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
will be going outside this afternoon to seed bomb the neighborhood

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Most of the depositors will be under the FDIC threshold, but everyone else is going to take a bath.

Not sure about this - they're on everyone's radar because they have a similar level of sweetheart deal over 250k deposits. Not as bad (like 60% vs 90% uninsured, for the march numbers I'm seeing) but not totally traditional savings bank stuff either

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

gradenko_2000 posted:

how the gently caress does Dropbox have 3,000 employees it's just loving cloud storage

NO MORE DROK BOK

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol jay

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

JamesKPolk posted:

Not sure about this - they're on everyone's radar because they have a similar level of sweetheart deal over 250k deposits. Not as bad (like 60% vs 90% uninsured, for the march numbers I'm seeing) but not totally traditional savings bank stuff either

Yeah, I looked into it, and it seems like they had high degree of larger depositors (one number was 68%), but it very well be that those accounts are still smaller in the big scheme of things and it just isn't going to do as much immediate damage (including political liability) as Silicon Valley. That said, it could also still cause a more minor panic as everyone starts withdrawing from every account/selling off every CD above 250,000 across the board.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol Jay. The markets have been betting on rates pivoting in the 2nd half of the year

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Sokani posted:

For the same reason you need a blockchain: to get rich dummies to invest more.

I computer touch for hedge funds and they are orgiastic over GPT and Solid Fusion. Like Balmer on release day. They think we're a few robotics designs away from AI taking care of all the heavy lifting and us living in paradise while robots bring us martinis. I'd understand if they were just being their typical greedbrain selves like with most tech. But this, they think it's human brain equivalent. They see the output it can generate and assume it's working like a human brain. It's a next generation search engine. In addition to indexing, it scrapes data, compares grammar & style, applies tags that make it available for pre-set use cases. It's just a well written search engine with depth and resolution that paraphrases and repaints. It can't solve engineering problems well, but it bullshits you so good with technical language that if you didn't know, you won't know! They see this as a minor hurdle.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol get ready for a whole lot more of this poo poo in the coming days

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Apr 27, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
So reddit, help me out here: what is the fastest way to legally evict my parents after I own their home?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Nothus posted:

Lol Jay. The markets have been betting on rates pivoting in the 2nd half of the year

If oil prices stabilize and the dollar keeps on being pressured, I don't think there is going to be an easy exit out of this.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hello reddit family im a psycho how do i benefit from this wacky situation

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Soft landing confirmed

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lmao, had that happen with one of the in-laws but nobody would take it because they live outside of town where three more towns of people have to transit in on a two lane road every day.

would this be a use case for the electric trolly? yes! but the us will never build public infrastructure that doesn't jack off oil companies

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Ardennes posted:

If oil prices stabilize and the dollar keeps on being pressured, I don't think there is going to be an easy exit out of this.

They give up and start the money printer again

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

RealityWarCriminal posted:

They give up and start the money printer again

That is going to have the same effect as lowering rates. The problem is growth is rapidly declining with persistent inflation, all you can do is either wait until oil prices fall or raise rates so high the economy collapses.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

lol get ready for a whole more of this poo poo in the coming days

Isn't selling estate property at a discount considered tax fraud?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

lol get ready for a whole more of this poo poo in the coming days

my favorite part is the ending where he talks about jumpstarting his "real estate portfolio"

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Sanlav posted:

. It can't solve engineering problems well, but it bullshits you so good with technical language that if you didn't know, you won't know! They see this as a minor hurdle.

lost count of how many humans I’ve worked with that the exact same thing could be said of. the confident bullshitters are more often rewarded and promoted than skeptics. ChatGPT sucks but it’s still “smarter” than the average American office worker

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Father Wendigo posted:

Isn't selling estate property at a discount considered tax fraud?

not tax fraud if its all declared but you have to pay a tax penatly to compensate for the discount (so basically you lose the discount)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

will be going outside this afternoon to seed bomb the neighborhood

seed? I gotta go return some stuff

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Ardennes posted:

If OPEC cuts production again, it isn't going to be great.

dooming for record gas prices this summer :twisted:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol get ready for a whole lot more of this poo poo in the coming days

They're trying to dump the house so the father qualifies for longterm care, right?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Stereotype posted:

seed? I gotta go return some stuff

we can still use the fertilizer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

680k for 1300 sq ft ok

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

euphronius posted:

680k for 1300 sq ft ok

PNW vibes

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

that's about right for fairfax inside the beltway

anyway if this dude could afford it and wasn't a psycho he would just pay his parent's mortgage

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

transferring the title to the kid now is a good idea if he wants the house

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

that's about right for fairfax inside the beltway

anyway if this dude could afford it and wasn't a psycho he would just pay his parent's mortgage

I mean, the situation legitimately sucks. Being 30, without your own house, and tied to your parent's mortgage (and essentially supporting them) is... lovely. The guy just undermines his position somewhat by clearly being a moron who would like to somehow turn his parent's situation into him being a landlord.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
multigenerational housing has been a thing forever and is a great way to maintain community and personal resiliency and the only reason it’s such an oft derided thing nowadays is because most boomers are insufferable judgmental know-it-alls who hate their children and have lead poisoning.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stereotype posted:

multigenerational housing has been a thing forever and is a great way to maintain community and personal resiliency and the only reason it’s such an oft derided thing nowadays is because most boomers are insufferable judgmental know-it-alls who hate their children and have lead poisoning.

it’s becoming harder to do anyway since the house has to be sold to pay for end of life care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Stereotype posted:

I read articles that said when social security started and grandma suddenly had the choice of living with family or going to a nursing home, most chose the nursing home. Choice leads to the wrong decision again, apparently.