Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That might end up with a salvage title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

That might end up with a salvage title.

Almost certainly a certificate of destruction.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Darchangel posted:

C5 Corvette, power-on oversteered into a pole at high speed.

That's a C6

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I think it's a C3.5 at best if you only count the parts that are still attached.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

opengl posted:

That's a C6

Was.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
More like a C flat, major

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

How about a C-Section?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Having rebuilt a C6, can confirm this would likely happen at pretty much any speed impact. It's just plastic and SMC glued to a steel frame.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

n0tqu1tesane posted:

First gen Lexus RX.

Realized that when I saw one on the highway this morning.

opengl posted:

That's a C6

Thanks. Wasn't sure without looking and :effort:

Colostomy Bag posted:

How about a C-Section?

I like this one.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ah, one of those new Flexi-Frame designs. Cool!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
And now we know why they're called tacos.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

A 330gal IBC tote full of water is 2754lbs!

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
rear end down, cab up, that's- OH gently caress

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

DJ Commie posted:

Over payload on practically every diesel under a class 4 and every gasser under class 3.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
this might be the owner of the truck (not really)

and bonus:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

`Nemesis posted:

and bonus:

The PT Cruiser can unhinge its jaw to swallow prey much larger than you'd expect.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

cursedshitbox posted:

Over payload on practically every diesel under a class 4 and every gasser under class 3.

I wonder if it failed from just the overload, or if the classic Taco frame rot helped it out.

Cool lack of anything keeping the load from shifting too

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

My truck has a 8,800 gvwr and 5,800 curb weight. I could technically do it if i lost some weight myself, but even i would be hesitant knowing the springs and tires are old as poo poo.

Some people just give no thought to how things function and why.

Elviscat posted:

I wonder if it failed from just the overload, or if the classic Taco frame rot helped it out.

It was a team effort.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Elviscat posted:

It's *heavy*! How could it ever move?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Elviscat posted:

Bit of column A, bit of column B. The weight is behind the axle. Frames aren't fond of that.

Powershift posted:

My truck has a 8,800 gvwr and 5,800 curb weight. I could technically do it if i lost some weight myself, but even i would be hesitant knowing the springs and tires are old as poo poo.

Some people just give no thought to how things function and why.

Donk's unmodified incomplete gvr is 8800 with a curb weight of 7140. It's more useless than a modern aluminum F150 + max tow/payload package.

Two or three days ago I saw a tundra hauling a 30ish foot long twin axle 5th wheel. In the motherfucking mountains.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

cursedshitbox posted:

Bit of column A, bit of column B. The weight is behind the axle. Frames aren't fond of that.

There isn't much room in front of the axle, but it very well could have slid after the break.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

cursedshitbox posted:

I may or may not have slightly ruined a work van by putting a ton and a half of concrete bags near the doors because I was too lazy to move them further into the van where the weight is supposed to be

I mean, the doors still closed fine, so it can't have bent that bad...

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I was building a base for a backyard shed, and took my colorado to the quarry for a bed's worth of graded aggregate base. The operator happily obliged. Later on, after repeatedly tagging my bumper on the street at the incline of my driveway, I looked below and I found my leaf springs were shaped like lazy W's.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Door Frame posted:

I may or may not have slightly ruined a work van by putting a ton and a half of concrete bags near the doors because I was too lazy to move them further into the van where the weight is supposed to be

I mean, the doors still closed fine, so it can't have bent that bad...

Name/post etc.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

NoWake posted:

I was building a base for a backyard shed, and took my colorado to the quarry for a bed's worth of graded aggregate base. The operator happily obliged. Later on, after repeatedly tagging my bumper on the street at the incline of my driveway, I looked below and I found my leaf springs were shaped like lazy W's.

This was one reason I was happy that the place by us would just bring a truck and raise the bed to dump gravel when we got new gravel for the drive way. Absolutely terrified I'd gently caress my dad's truck bed up.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
Trucks need payload visualization instead of numbers. "This is how high you can pile bricks/gravel on the bed and stay within limits."

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Saukkis posted:

Trucks need payload visualization instead of numbers. "This is how high you can pile bricks/gravel on the bed and stay within limits."

:bahgawd: "that there pic'ure only shows two layers of bricks! Those Detroit boys don't know poo poo, I paid for the tow and haul package, I'm gonna use my full bed like god intended"

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Saukkis posted:

The newer F-150s actually have optional scales built into the bed. Lights in one of the taillights will light up as you load the bed more and more. https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/f150/2021/how-to-videos/video-library/more-vehicle-topics/6268513486001?name=using-your-onboard-scales/

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This is why I buy Jeep Comanches, the leafs call it quits WAY before the unibody. I've had a 3/4 yard of roadbase (3/4 minus) gravel in mine, about 2100lb, even back when it had 1400lb capacity springs in it. It would be on the bump stops all the way home but zero chassis flex. Now that I have metric ton capacity springs in it I can do the same thing while towing a trailer with another half yard in it and it doesn't even hit the bumpstops. Body gaps still perfectly straight.

When I put 2400lb worth of engines in it for a trip to Maine last summer it basically just leveled it out.

Not bad for a quarter ton sized 80s unibody pickup.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DJ Commie posted:

Math is hard tho, just send it :v:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Let me know if this video doesn't work and I'll re-host it.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qkzrasxi3z1r0uzl6.mp4

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Safety Dance posted:

:21 minutes - "Oh hey, it's every 5-speed Ranger ever."

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:allears:

I once considered adding a dab of glue to mine, back when I was scrambling for small improvements to make me feel better about that truck. Glad I never did.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yup yup. I recognized that immediately from my Vulcan powered super cab days. I kinda miss that truck.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Mine has embossed numbering so it can't do that :(

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think I've watched too much "just rolled into the shop" content. All I can think of is that calm voice saying, "customer came in for an oil change, but did not mention any of the rust or other mechanical problems. The shop refused to do any work on the vehicle and the owner drove it away, fuel barrels and all"

https://i.imgur.com/kML0z8U.mp4

It's seriously impressive that a vehicle in that condition still runs well enough to carry a payload over any distance. I wouldn't have any exposed skin anywhere near that that bare metal and I think that a sharp turn would be enough stress to tear the truck in half, but it is functional and apparently reliable enough to be driven as a regular work vehicle

E: the operation of the truck is intimidating, but the driver and crew are cool as cucumbers

https://i.imgur.com/6JBNb3e.mp4

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 5, 2023

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

the segment with the fuel needle going around like the second hand on a clock would make a good gif

bennyfactor fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 5, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bennyfactor posted:

the segment with the fuel needle going around like the second hand on a clock would make a good gif

Its like meat spin, but uhhhhh needle spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti