Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The next guy is about equally as good as Seele just aoe focused, but the real difference maker is that the 4* on his banner are all amazing while Seeles are...not as good. Both characters should hold up, so if you like Seele more she's a great pick up, but if you are f2p and concerned about maximum value, waiting is the better answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Leraika posted:

Yes. You can interact with the lock to get the locations of the other two as well.

You can? Sheesh, I did it the hard way.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is pulling on the normal banner dumb in a hololive game? I’m really more interested in other characters and dupes than Seele since I already have Clara but I bounced off Genshin since I’m not a big fan of the BoW style and don’t want to screw myself for later

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's not worth it at all unless you're whaling.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nick Buntline posted:

the game is undoubtedly the current target for every SEO AI so i would 110% assume any article is just them endlessly circulating the same false information one of them made up until explicitly proven otherwise

My example is the guides saying daily quests open at Tracker level 11. You actually need to go through the main story until you hit a level wall in the Underground, which is their tutorial for other ways to get tracker XP and unlocks everything.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

okay kale have you actually played honkai impact or just read the wiki

I've read a fair bit of the manga stuff and done up to around Chapter 10. Any corrections are welcome if I get thing's wrong. I actually forgot all about the captainverse ngl Even within itself the Honkai lore is kind of convoluted. It also does that thing where famous people throughout history are genderbent and reimagined as having Valkyrie powers sometimes.

Boris Galerkin posted:

the gently caress is a expie it sounds like a slur

Exported Character. Not sure why you think that sounds like a slur but there you go.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 27, 2023

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's not worth it at all unless you're whaling.

I am absolutely not so good to know, thanks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Is pulling on the normal banner dumb in a hololive game? I’m really more interested in other characters and dupes than Seele since I already have Clara but I bounced off Genshin since I’m not a big fan of the BoW style and don’t want to screw myself for later
dont use gems or anything for pulling on the standard banner. if you arent interested in seele, just save until the banner rotates. you'll get plenty of standard banner pulls from the early game stuff, plus theres a bunch of free 4* characters in the story and some of the side content. (and you can buy asta and arlan from the starlight exchange shop rn, and it'll rotate over to other 4*s in a few days)

to be clear theres two types of summon tickets, the white ones can only be used on the standard banner so feel free to use those whenever. the yellow ones can only be used on the limited banner, save those.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm burning every bit of space primogems I get to rack up the pity counter to get Bronya. Am at around 55 rolls so far, not bad.

m.hache posted:

That stacking wind Debuff has been doing some heavy lifting for me. Got him, trailblazer, March and Welt in a team and it's just DOT hell for enemies.

I meant more in the personality sort of way because I haven't gotten him as a playable yet, but I believe you when you say he's fun to play, too.

Speaking of fun to play, god Qingque rules. Just burn all your skill points chasing those sweet sweet kongs.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eimi posted:

The next guy is about equally as good as Seele just aoe focused, but the real difference maker is that the 4* on his banner are all amazing while Seeles are...not as good. Both characters should hold up, so if you like Seele more she's a great pick up, but if you are f2p and concerned about maximum value, waiting is the better answer.

Seele is already AoE focused!

...AoE means single target everything down in the four turns you get in a row, right?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the start of the battle music makes me think I'm booting up night in the woods

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Been playing this on my Steam Deck through Moonlight and enjoying it but my only major complaint about the controller support is the lack of look inversion. Thankfully it's an easy fix in the Steam Deck controller menu but the fact that there isn't any in game inversion support seems strange for a game made in 2023.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
gently caress.

I'm still so deep in my Genshin hole and so behind on everything FFXIV. But the zeitgeist... its calling me...

I don't need to know anything about Honky Impact, right?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

How real is the standard banner selector, practically speaking? No chance in hell I'm spending any jade on it, and I haven't made 300 rolls on the standard banner in Genshin even after playing it for 8 months.

You get ~80 regular pulls on banner in the first few weeks, 5/month on the store and ~7 pulls per week. You'll probably hit the selector in like 5-6 months given events will also probably get you pulls.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress.

I'm still so deep in my Genshin hole and so behind on everything FFXIV. But the zeitgeist... its calling me...

Nah, you don't. There's a few callbacks but only one character is actually the same across the games.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress.

Nah, even having just rushed through the story the connections basically aren't there. Like there are some parallels, but barely even enough to view them as alternate reality versions of the characters because it's so different.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Endorph posted:

Seele is good, but the next character is an extremely strong AOE damage dealer, and their banner also has Tingyun and Sushang on it, two of the best 4*s. So up to you, roll for who you want.

So, level up the Sushang I pulled yesterday. Gotcha. I see that she smushes enemies with a giant leaping chicken, and ordinarily that's more than good enough for me, but what else does she bring to the table?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Playing on mobile I have to say it’s great to have a game that is extremely efficient on resources. I can close the game, open ten other apps, and jump back in later with maybe half a second of reloading.

I also minimized the game during a quest conversation to answer a text, and my heart sank as I swiped back in expecting it to behave like Genshin and reload me back in the area so I’d have to click through all the lines again. Nope! No loading at all, put me right back in mid-sentence. Incredible.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

delfin posted:

So, level up the Sushang I pulled yesterday. Gotcha. I see that she smushes enemies with a giant leaping chicken, and ordinarily that's more than good enough for me, but what else does she bring to the table?

She's single target pure dps, she has a chance to just do extra attacks after every attack and just keeps building up momentum.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

delfin posted:

She's a better Physical damage dealer than Trailblazer, though with the trade-off of having no AoE options. Her better damage potential and self-buffs probably make up that difference regardless though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delfin posted:

quote:

Sushang is a Hunt unit, so naturally excels in single-target scenarios. Her skill deals good damage with a 33% chance to deal an additional bonus instance of damage. If the enemy you attack has weakness break, the bonus damage is guaranteed. This is an important point so remember it.

Her ultimate deals single-target damage and immediately advances her turn by 100%, meaning she is guaranteed to act immediately after using her ultimate. This is not an Extra Turn, but it does essentially function as one. Sushang also gets an atk% buff for 2 turns, and her skill gets two additional chances to trigger the bonus damage at 50% efficacy, also for 2 turns.

This means that after using Sushang’s ultimate, her skill can potentially inflict 3 bonus instances of damage, almost doubling the total damage from her skill if all 3 instances trigger. Combined with the fact that these bonus instances are guaranteed against weakness broken enemies, you can do a sequence such as skill -> ultimate -> immediately get another action and use skill again, and this will absolutely mince most things in the game, even bosses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Her ideal DPS is only like 5%-10% lower than Seele's, for reference, and Sushang is better at breaking weaknesses.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Speaking of I did happen to pull Sushang so maybe I'll shift her in MC's place in my party.

Currently been running MC/Yanqing/March/Tingyun which has been working pretty great. Yanqing can shred enemies once he gets rolling.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Meowywitch posted:

Can't believe all that stuff I did in that closet counts as a Good Deed

Thread title IMO

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

My UID for friend adding on NA:

Running Welt as a helper for that elemental coverage.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

also it's just as fun to troll March as it was to troll Paimon

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I'm really invested in the profound writing and rich storyline of all of these garbage cans

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

:words: about Honkai Impact

Always great to see this sort of thing all together like this, plus there was some stuff I didn't know about Bronya's backstory, but you missed a couple things that might be relevant.

1. Maybe you were saving this for Welt, but Himeko and Welt were somewhat close when Himeko was in college and he was her professor. Then he severed to try to keep her from getting involved in Honkai stuff. Then she did anyway, Final Lesson happened, and he partially blames himself. Given that, unlike probably all the other expies, Welt actually IS the Welt from Honkai dimension hopping, this seems relevant. (I only know about this because I got linked to the Alien Space manga as a link between the two games somewhere. Not that much of a link, but for that guy who wanted to see some more Post-Honkai stuff, there's a bit of it.) (Also if you could do Welt next, I do not know much of his deal. He seems like someone with a lot of stuff in side materials I haven't read, not much presence in the main game.)

2. As Absum mentioned, you got the wrong Bronya. Silver Wolf is clearly based on Haxxor Bunny. She's sort of Cyberpunk Bronya, with a completely different personality. She comes from a world with only one city with everything outside walled off, where she worked at Raven/Natasha's restaurant and also did Cyberpunk Crimes. Eventually she got some Multiverse Stuff hinted at her while she was trying to leave the city, left, found jack loving poo poo, and somehow wound up dimension hopping into the Captainverse Hyperion. She considered herself something of a free agent there, and between that and there ALREADY being a Bronya in the Star Rail universe and just the story economy of there apparently being TWO dimension hopping cyberpunk Bronyas, it is very possible that Silver Wolf is literally Haxxor Bunny. Then again, I doubt they're ever gonna make that relevant besides <Alludes to backstory> <Honkai Impact Players know what she's talking about, Star Rail players get the general idea>, but at least as far as listing connections that seems worth pointing out.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I always have spending anxiety in these gacha games because there's a hundred currencies and I have no idea what they all do and which are rare and which are safe to spend and what is the optimal things to spend them on. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oenis posted:

I always have spending anxiety in these gacha games because there's a hundred currencies and I have no idea what they all do and which are rare and which are safe to spend and what is the optimal things to spend them on. :(
Just do what you want, this game doesn't exactly seem super grind heavy when it comes to character progression. There's guides on the site linked in the OP and on youtube if you're really anxious, though.

In terms of the actual gacha currency, just roll for any character that interests you. Don't spend jade on the standard banner tho.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the real question is when will the train make a stop by the nearest moon and have a white haired yellow eyed girl who may or may not be named kiana just go "heeeeey guys" and take over the antagonist portion of the plot for a while

biggest critique about this game so far is that the train takes far to long to show up. if there is a rad astral navigating train it needs to show up within five seconds blaring a star whistle while not-tom hanks shouts all aboard

this is train theory

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Tottonids are loving rocks!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there a good list of useful 3* Light Cones somewhere? I feel like someone posted stuff about this earlier in this thread, but not sure where.

Also, am I correct in thinking that having multiple people of the same element can be useful sometimes? I have a Pela who can reduce ice res, which only really seems useful if I have another ice character to take advantage of it (in this case March 7).

edit: One other thing; are the 5* light cones worth saving up for (which seems like it would take a very long time since they cost 600 of that currency)? Or is it worth getting "constellations" for the 4*s on it? Those light cones seem like the biggest difference between that shop and Genshin's equivalent one; it's like if Genshin's had some 5* weapons in it.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 27, 2023

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I didn't expect this game to be as legitimately funny as it is

I just beat some kids in an underground rock-paper-scissors fighting ring, and the last one was so annoyingly smug that the MC decided to cheat to put the kid in his place :allears:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

the real question is when will the train make a stop by the nearest moon and have a white haired yellow eyed girl who may or may not be named kiana just go "heeeeey guys" and take over the antagonist portion of the plot for a while

biggest critique about this game so far is that the train takes far to long to show up. if there is a rad astral navigating train it needs to show up within five seconds blaring a star whistle while not-tom hanks shouts all aboard

this is train theory

Kiana has blue eyes: :colbert: The yellow eyes are when Sirin is in control. However yes please give me Kiana and Mei and Fu Hua. Hell if Broya gets two, bring in Senti. I guess you should look out for Sirin anyway, because if we see a white haired girl with yellow eyes, then poo poo is about to go down and it should be as terrifying as someone using magenta energy.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 27, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Do quests and dialog choices have consequences? There's a quest that wants me to either red pill or blue pill some guy and I just wanna do whichever one gives the best rewards.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
What's the right way to use all these uhhh stellar jades and undying embers and thingamajigs? Store seems really big with all these options. Do I only get star rail tickets or is that a trap?

I am not planning on spending money at this time, so should I save until I can trigger a pity rate before pulling an event banner or what?

I didn't play Genshin so if the mechanics are similar, I'm unfamiliar.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

Is there a good list of useful 3* Light Cones somewhere? I feel like someone posted stuff about this earlier in this thread, but not sure where.

Also, am I correct in thinking that having multiple people of the same element can be useful sometimes? I have a Pela who can reduce ice res, which only really seems useful if I have another ice character to take advantage of it (in this case March 7).

edit: One other thing; are the 5* light cones worth saving up for (which seems like it would take a very long time since they cost 600 of that currency)? Or is it worth getting "constellations" for the 4*s on it? Those light cones seem like the biggest difference between that shop and Genshin's equivalent one; it's like if Genshin's had some 5* weapons in it.

Yeah this is what I'm wondering. That prydwen site has some good character info but I'm probably not matching up the right weapons ~light cones~

Also I have Seele and Tingyun am I good to just hoard for a while? Seems like those two + fire MC and Natasha are a top end squad for most stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The light cones are very much worth saving for, I'd recommend saving for them and character dupes over going all in on star rail tickets. If you are going to buy tickets, only buy the ones for the limited banner.

However, in the store where you can only buy 5 tickets of each type per month (and then a bunch of mats), the tickets are definitely the most worthwhile option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Revitalized posted:

What's the right way to use all these uhhh stellar jades and undying embers and thingamajigs? Store seems really big with all these options. Do I only get star rail tickets or is that a trap?

I am not planning on spending money at this time, so should I save until I can trigger a pity rate before pulling an event banner or what?

I didn't play Genshin so if the mechanics are similar, I'm unfamiliar.

Only spend your stellar jades on Special Passes. These are used on the Character Event Warp. Those characters are generally more powerful than standard characters and rotate their availability. Never use your crystals to get standard tickets. Undying Embers and Starlight are what you get from rolling, so the more you roll the more you'll get. Starlight can be exchanged for either 5* lightcones or 4*characters. Embers are spent various things, the most important being every month you can buy 5 special passes and 5 standard passes. Always make sure you have enough to purchase those. It takes 900 total so if you don't think you'll roll enough to get that much, don't spend on the ember shop.