Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mildly annoyed that there's no text log at the very least because sometimes I'm just pressing to go through a conversation and I accidentally double press and choose the first choice in a dialogue choice that I had no chance to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that the game controls perfectly fine with k+m controls? I thought the same thing for Genshin. Granted, the lack of tool tips sucks.

Also, the drat pulling animation needs to be shorter.

i'm kbm too and it's perfectly fine.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Figured out OBS issue, apparently it really didn't like steam overlay running at the same time for whatever reason. Thanks AMD, etc.

Also my UID if anyone needs to call in a support Bronya is 600018913. Not sure where exactly to call that in though. Is that a virtual universe thing?

Unlucky7 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that the game controls perfectly fine with k+m controls? I thought the same thing for Genshin. Granted, the lack of tool tips sucks.
Also, the drat pulling animation needs to be shorter.
KBM works great for me, camera is a bit twitchy though. Always spam the skip animation button on warps.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I would kill for Peppy

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Excelzior posted:

I would kill for Peppy

Thats what it'll take for him to let you rub his soft belly

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got it working on Steam Deck (streaming with Moonlight) and this is basically the perfect way to play, at least for me. Also need to do this for Genshin.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Figured out OBS issue, apparently it really didn't like steam overlay running at the same time for whatever reason. Thanks AMD, etc.

Also my UID if anyone needs to call in a support Bronya is 600018913. Not sure where exactly to call that in though. Is that a virtual universe thing?

KBM works great for me, camera is a bit twitchy though. Always spam the skip animation button on warps.

Only place I've found to call in supports are the domains calyxes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thats what it'll take for him to let you rub his soft belly

If the dog does not want belly rubs we should respect that by only giving him the head pats he craves.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Okay, back into the overworld I go (never mind that I could have teleported back to the Administrative District at any time), and maybe you have a point with this Sushang thing. I buffed her up all the way, and didn't really expect that a specific enemy in full plate armor would be Physical-vulnerable, but he was and she just smacked the poo poo out of him.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
lmao, you get an achievement for using the "oooooooouuuhh my tummy hurts" type dialog options enough

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

I started with a controller and switched to kbm today. I feel like they both have pros and cons, but I'll probably default to kbm from now on unless the camera kludginess gets too annoying.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can switch freely between controller and mouse, unlike Genshin

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tae posted:

You can switch freely between controller and mouse, unlike Genshin

For the most part yeah but the tutorial doesn't let you.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK game, I get it I really did not want to play yanqing because of his no hit mechanic but if you are going to give me him in the discount banner and then give me his LC too then I might as well

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yanqing shreds he's great. His big skill buff also decreases his aggro so really the no hit thing only comes up with AoEs or unlucky lock-ons.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
What are some good team comps for the first simulated universe? I went in at like 14 and got mulched by the bosses, levelled up to 20, went back in, and got mulched by the bosses again I just got a little bit further. I guess I can just do other stuff until I unlock ascensions but I feel like I'm missing something.

I haven't done too many rolls yet so I don't have any major gacha characters I'm working from what's free so far.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Meiteron posted:

What are some good team comps for the first simulated universe? I went in at like 14 and got mulched by the bosses, levelled up to 20, went back in, and got mulched by the bosses again I just got a little bit further. I guess I can just do other stuff until I unlock ascensions but I feel like I'm missing something.

I haven't done too many rolls yet so I don't have any major gacha characters I'm working from what's free so far.

Uh, maybe get through the story and get the free Natasha.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What’s a good light cone/relic set for Clara? I’ve currently got her on the one that gives her increased crit when her health drops below 80 percent, which seems like a good fit for her. Not sure about relics though. The one I’m using boosts her defense.

For Seele I’ve got river flows though spring for light cone and the musketeer set for relic, to boost her speed even higher. But not sure there’s one that would work better.

And yea I got both of those in 50 pulls. I seriously lucked out.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Meiteron posted:

Looking at the enemy list on SU1, I'd say Phys-MC / Dan / March / Fire character (probably Asta if you have noone else). Having at least two characters that can hit weakness is pretty important for bosses. You absolutely need either a healer or a shielder (arguably could use both).

Some small optimization stuff to check in order to squeeze out more power -- Check that everyone has a card equipped and that it's leveled up to at least 20. If you have a lot of dupes of the 3* cards, superimpose them up to rank 5. Make sure everyone is wearing at least some relic gear even if you don't have full sets and it's kinda crummy at this level. Check to level up your traces, the first couple upgrades are very cheap.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Scoss posted:

Looking at the enemy list on SU1, I'd say Phys-MC / Dan / March / Fire character (probably Asta if you have noone else). Having at least two characters that can hit weakness is pretty important for bosses. You absolutely need either a healer or a shielder (arguably could use both).

Some small optimization stuff to check in order to squeeze out more power -- Check that everyone has a card equipped and that it's leveled up to at least 20. If you have a lot of dupes of the 3* cards, superimpose them up to rank 5. Make sure everyone is wearing at least some relic gear even if you don't have full sets and it's kinda crummy at this level. Check to level up your traces, the first couple upgrades are very cheap.

Hm, alright. That's my comp, and unfortunately March wasn't enough to race the sheer amount of damage the bosses were putting out. AoE would chunk people faster than she could shield them.

I have levels and cards equipped but not much else. I was working through the space station without progressing too far into the next area, so I guess I'll do that, unlock ascendency, and come back with a statistical advantage.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Meiteron posted:

Hm, alright. That's my comp, and unfortunately March wasn't enough to race the sheer amount of damage the bosses were putting out. AoE would chunk people faster than she could shield them.

I have levels and cards equipped but not much else. I was working through the space station without progressing too far into the next area, so I guess I'll do that, unlock ascendency, and come back with a statistical advantage.

I managed it at 16 with a "bad" comp (starting three heroes plus Serval) on my second try but only barely, with only March still alive at the end and relying on her auto-counter while constantly shielding. I did roll a good set of blessings that made it possible: the one that has a chance of removing debuffs on shield is pretty much mandatory if you don't have any other way of clearing them, another blessing that gives a free shield after you get hit, and a couple others that freeze or imprison the enemy after attacks so they weren't getting as many actions. Of course progressing the story and getting ascensions would have made it much easier.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

playing on my ipad, good thing its turn based so I don't have to worry about combo timing like in genshin

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There's still a little bit of timing involved: you can use your ult at any time to give yourself an extra turn, and if you want to use it right after it charges but before the enemy acts you sometimes need to hit it as fast as possible.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man folks were right the ending of the first real planet was pretty rad. Good music as well and I appreciate how it's timed very precisely with the phase transition attack.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh, apparently you can only use the Condensed Resin equivalent for relic farming in the Simulated Universe?

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man folks were right the ending of the first real planet was pretty rad. Good music as well and I appreciate how it's timed very precisely with the phase transition attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVqezHKDPC4

Clarste fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 28, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Combining Hunt speed skills with freezing enemies after hitting them enough leads to some fun times. First time into World 2, before turning on the skill tree or being able to pass level 30, and I made it to the bosses. Almost killed them too (unless there's a phase 3) but as soon as they got out of the stunlock I exploded.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I found the midboss of World 2 harder than the final bosses.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

been playing way too much and got to the level wall in xianzhou luofu and I've been enjoying the area a lot more than belobog visually and the music is also great. good game :cheerdoge:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Boo on the post-boss cutscene for the ice planet.

We can't let people know our Supreme Guardian is fallible, says the person who will become the next Supreme Guardian. The fact that Seele, of all people, agrees is weird as all hell. And clearly the fact that Bronya is going to immediately reverse a lot of Cocolia's decisions isn't going to tip anyone off that maybe Cocolia didn't always have the right idea...

Ah well, Inazuma already taught me I wasn't too fond of Hoyo's politics, this isn't anything new.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

god damnit mihoyo, why did you have to make the warp trotter cower.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hellioning posted:

We can't let people know our Supreme Guardian is fallible, says the person who will become the next Supreme Guardian. The fact that Seele, of all people, agrees is weird as all hell. And clearly the fact that Bronya is going to immediately reverse a lot of Cocolia's decisions isn't going to tip anyone off that maybe Cocolia didn't always have the right idea...

Ah well, Inazuma already taught me I wasn't too fond of Hoyo's politics, this isn't anything new.

Seele suggested it, at least on some dialog branches. It is weird. Especially weird because the leaders hiding everything was actually the entire problem in the first place?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

While I know I probably shouldn’t put all my efforts into building a team entirely around this Clara I just pulled, I’m also picturing Gepard and Natasha keeping her alive while Asta pumps out ATK boosts and by god that seems like a good time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hellioning posted:

tbf i kind of get it in terms of like, they literally have only had one city on this planet for centuries and the entire population of the upper city looks up to her. going full 'gently caress the supreme leader' would lead to a ton of conflict in their only population center for no real material gain.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Meiteron posted:

I did it with everyone at level 20+ascension and it was completely trivial. Main Character + March + Dan Heng + Natasha. Natasha never needed to heal. I was mostly picking cards which gave me shields or gave a bonus to characters with shields.

Also dont' forget to level your weapons

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GoodluckJonathan posted:

This is basically a single player game, right? What's the rush? I played Genshin for a couple days but didn't get very far. Is there any sort of competitive mode in the endgame?

Endorphins.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Personally, I think it sucks when a game you want to play arbitrarily says "you can't play anymore, come back tomorrow to grind your account rank so you can play again."

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm somewhat fine with it for now because sidequests pop up at that time and also its a reminder for me to go use up the stamina on one of the exp tree things

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So I just pulled Seele. That means I won and can stop playing, right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

padijun posted:

lmao, you get an achievement for using the "oooooooouuuhh my tummy hurts" type dialog options enough

I feel like the protagonist is actually explicitly characterized as a guy/girl who isn't exactly the typical "kind and helpful to a fault" RPG protagonist. There are many situations where your only dialogue options are variations on "gently caress you, I better be getting something good out of this."

It's good and gives the protagonist a lot more personality than in most games like this. I think it's partly due to a good localization as well.

boredsatellite posted:

I'm somewhat fine with it for now because sidequests pop up at that time and also its a reminder for me to go use up the stamina on one of the exp tree things

I like it mainly because I prefer playing games in relatively short bursts and it's nice just being explicitly told "you won't gain much from continuing today."

I could see it being annoying if you're trying to play the game like a "normal" PC/console game, though. But I mostly just play in bed while listening to podcasts.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I did it with everyone at level 20+ascension and it was completely trivial. Main Character + March + Dan Heng + Natasha. Natasha never needed to heal. I was mostly picking cards which gave me shields or gave a bonus to characters with shields.

Surprised you didn't need to heal. I can only shield one person at a time with March, and the boss does strong AoE attacks. I was fine because I had Natasha, but I'm pretty sure I would have lost if I didn't.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 28, 2023