Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

dangerburrd posted:

Fell off a couple episodes into season 2 but if shadow king shallow Hal’s himself I’ll check it out

Legion spoiler if you're not going to watch it (everyone else, please just watch it):

I wouldn't use the term "Shallow Hal'ing" but Lenny/Aubrey Plaza is Farouk. So, yes.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just when you thought patriot couldn't get any worse!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

When are they going to add Big Wheel and Armless Tiger Man

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Just when you thought patriot couldn't get any worse!

God I love Lockjaw monsters. Like the Ukraine Stone, Space Magneto, and Mister Rock.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Congrats! What does a Tempo deck look like?

Was a list from last season cooked up by OceanMud, let me get the list:

1)Zero
1)Titania
2)Daredevil
2)Armor
2)Lizard
3)Storm
3)Cosmo
4)Attuma
5)Klaw
5)Prof X
5)Red Skull
6)Destroyer

Zero is the workhorse of this deck, you love negating almost all the cards in the deck. Armor prevents Attuma from exploding, though you should still be careful if you think the opponent has Magneto. Destroyer is a mega bomb, and this list has plenty of ways to protect your other dudes (Armor, Prof, Zero'd Destroyer, playing Destroyer into your own Cosmo). Most people won't see him coming. Klaw is a sneaky cube thief for pumping more power into X or Storm lanes.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Youremother posted:

My dream cards are Flag-Smasher because he's cool and, since I've been reading a lot of 80's Avengers comics for some reason, Wonder Man. Ooh, Korvac would be a great big bad card.

if we're listing dream cards, I want the Norman Osborn version of the Iron Patriot added, with the text "Replace all Avengers cards in your deck with the Dark Avengers versions", like High Evolutionary but for Wolverine / Daken, Sentry, Ms Marvel / Moonstone, Bullseye / Hawkeye, etc.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Chainclaw posted:

if we're listing dream cards, I want the Norman Osborn version of the Iron Patriot added, with the text "Replace all Avengers cards in your deck with the Dark Avengers versions", like High Evolutionary but for Wolverine / Daken, Sentry, Ms Marvel / Moonstone, Bullseye / Hawkeye, etc.

That would be sick as hell.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I want all the GLAs added.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Youremother posted:

God I love Lockjaw monsters. Like the Ukraine Stone, Space Magneto, and Mister Rock.

Ukraine stone made me think of Dr Mario at first glance

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Arena Draft Fight Go!

Use the Sealed Draft function on this website: https://www.marvelsnapdraft.com/

Make a deck with the cards you get from your 5x packs. Then, come play me with a deck I made the same way.

Code is: 20723

e: good games Kooriken, that Morph was on fire, wow.

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 28, 2023

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

I have been owned! That was a ton of fun though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If anyone else wants a go I’ll reuse the deck I beat Kooriken with until it loses. I’ll put up a code for the next ~15 mins, same rules

Code: 26407

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey should we have a forums snap tournament?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

bowmore posted:

hey should we have a forums snap tournament?

I would be down, but I'm not sure how many folks there actually are or if we could rustle up enough interest for one.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
need a Stilt-Man card

need it bad

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kooriken posted:

I would be down, but I'm not sure how many folks there actually are or if we could rustle up enough interest for one.
I'll organise one in the next few weeks, if we don't get enough people then no worries

If someone wants to do it before that then feel free

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Good games sirtommygunn! Those juggernauts were loving me *up*

I’ll put up another code for another bit, still the below rules, I’m using the same deck, going on 2 victories right now.

Sandwolf posted:

Arena Draft Fight Go!

Use the Sealed Draft function on this website: https://www.marvelsnapdraft.com/

Make a deck with the cards you get from your 5x packs. Then, come play me with a deck I made the same way.

timed out, gonna retire the deck, thanks for the games guys

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 28, 2023

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

If anyone else wants a go I’ll reuse the deck I beat Kooriken with until it loses. I’ll put up a code for the next ~15 mins, same rules

Code: 26407

That was a real fun set, my deck was bad but it was extremely interesting.

Korg
Mantis
Medusa
Okoye
Cloak
Dr Strange
Juggernaut
Spiderman
Warpath
Prof X
Klaw
Odin

basically just a lot of ways to cheat lanes but not enough power to actually compete. I really thought I had you when I pulled the 4 Warpaths off Bar Sinister with Dr Strange and Cloak, then I remembered there was a turn 6 :v:
e:

Sandwolf posted:

Good games sirtommygunn! Those juggernauts were loving me *up*

Juggernaut is great man, I've been playing him a lot in my Patriot/Silver Surfer deck and he wins me more games than any other card in the deck (besides Patriot, of course).

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 28, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pulling the 4 warpaths off of bar sinister was brilliant, that was such a cool play.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Darke GBF posted:

need a Stilt-Man card

need it bad

I saw this extremely good Stilt-Man card a while ago. I can't imagine anything better for him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wow, they got hosed.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Youremother posted:

I saw this extremely good Stilt-Man card a while ago. I can't imagine anything better for him.

niiiiiiice

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

ANOTHER loving Star Lord variant??

Thats the fifth variant for a card I literally never played.

What the gently caress, game?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Bisse posted:

I too have 3 star lords.

I do not have 4+ of anything

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Turn 3 Galactus thanks to the Peak into Death. Lol, lmao perhaps even.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

I've played 3 games of Dan Hipp Tribal in infinite and have won all 3. Coincidence? I THINK NOT

Edit: 4-0 baby

Kooriken fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 28, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Opponent thought they were gonna outpower me on t6 w/the skip. Little did they know I was prepared with the Jeff-erence! I do love wins where I lowball the two lanes I win, it's really satisfying to see two lanes with single digits while they drop 29 power on turn 6 and lost.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Well, you asked them nicely.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quackles posted:

I wonder if you could make a control deck with Zabu, Sera, and Enchantress?

My sera control deck already had Zabu post nerf and enchantress so yes

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

What's your list? Here's mine:

But I think it needs refining.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quackles posted:

What's your list? Here's mine:

But I think it needs refining.

Similar but heavier on 2 drops - sentinel also makes sure a Sera play can be followed up with like, 3-5 cards in the last turn. I’m considering buying hitmonkey. Probably should use mysterio, Armor doesn’t get that much use

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Red posted:

Enchantress already pounds Ongoing-heavy decks, so the power buff seems unnecessary

There's a lot of ongoing right now, and I don't think 4/4 Enchantress was even cutting it. Maybe if she's catching an Ironman or Hawk, but, for example, a counter playing a Devil Dino was only putting you ahead by one power. Sure, it's one energy less, but it's a responsive play that really only shut down the most all-in of ongoings.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Studio posted:

There's a lot of ongoing right now, and I don't think 4/4 Enchantress was even cutting it. Maybe if she's catching an Ironman or Hawk, but, for example, a counter playing a Devil Dino was only putting you ahead by one power. Sure, it's one energy less, but it's a responsive play that really only shut down the most all-in of ongoings.
What is the game design reason for Enchantress to trade massively favorably with Captain America? I don't really get it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I slipped Rogue into my Patriot deck the other day since I kept getting into those mirror matches where they were running Patriot and Super Skrull, haven't taken her out yet. It's so situational, and 9/10 of the time she's a dead draw, but when she steals a Super Skrull which subsequently gives her the powers of Mr. Fantastic, Iron Man and Mystique-Iron Man, it feels nice.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I read a quick synopsis on onslaught to figure out what he is but as a psionic entity how did he manifest a body that ridiculously ripped

It knew it would need to become a fighting game boss eventually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJSkB6IoV2E
(ignore the part where it becomes tired early on and tags in Chun-Li for a bit)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 28, 2023

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

No Wave posted:

What is the game design reason for Enchantress to trade massively favorably with Captain America? I don't really get it.

In a meta swimming with ongoing cards, the card that's supposed to shut down ongoing cards was not a major factor. So they buffed it. Doesn't mean there aren't worse cards that also need attention, and I hope they get to those. The Punisher seems even worse off than Captain America.

That said, it wouldn't be a surprise if Enchantress gets knocked back to a 4/5.

the_steve posted:

I slipped Rogue into my Patriot deck the other day since I kept getting into those mirror matches where they were running Patriot and Super Skrull, haven't taken her out yet. It's so situational, and 9/10 of the time she's a dead draw, but when she steals a Super Skrull which subsequently gives her the powers of Mr. Fantastic, Iron Man and Mystique-Iron Man, it feels nice.

Surfer decks feel good again and I think a lot of that has to do with Rogue.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Maneck posted:

She's a really good card, it's just that she's incredibly situational. When she's able to go off, she can potentially swing a whole game, it's just a matter of her getting the opening she needs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Maneck posted:

I think it's because they nerfed shuri and sandman, the two decks surfer couldn't beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bisse posted:

I'm in the same boat and they're all in basically the same outfit so there's very little difference between them.