Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cronyism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
also ive been with my main day job for 16 years >_< which was given to me by a friend

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

You're more of a nepo buddy, then.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

cool av posted:

i did an interview for a wow guild one time

a low point n my life for sure

I tried to join goonswarm but they didn't let me.

Jokes on them I'm still on these forums 11 years later and I never paid to keep playing that lovely game lol.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Harik posted:

it's flipping the script on the well-known phenomenon of appraisers turbo-making GBS threads on black families.

if you're black and you want to get anything close to the real value of your home pack up all your pictures and have a white friend pretend it's their home for the appraisal. People are seeing 25-35% differences on the same home just by swapping out the family pictures, lol.

sounds like the plot of an obscure Steve Martin film in like 1996

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i keep failing upward at myu computer touching job and now im like in charge of major business decisions and its increasingly abstract. i am looking at numbers at spreadsheets and if i type them in a certain way entire teams get created or destroyed. what the gently caress is going on. help me

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Smythe posted:

also ive been with my main day job for 16 years >_< which was given to me by a friend

You're very lucky and I can only assume quite skilled to be at a job for that long. That's the sign of a invaluable employee:unsmith:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

anime was right posted:

i keep failing upward at myu computer touching job and now im like in charge of major business decisions and its increasingly abstract. i am looking at numbers at spreadsheets and if i type them in a certain way entire teams get created or destroyed. what the gently caress is going on. help me

make decisions that gives laborers more money and less money for executives :twisted:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

Swap from numbers to patterns.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Xaris posted:

make decisions that gives laborers more money and less money for executives :twisted:

Hello? Yes I'd like to make a report to the FBI

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin
Further infuriation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/18/nyregion/fair-housing-discrimination-long-island.html

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/1651896569392685058?s=20

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
I'm probably gonna end my work strike soon and work at the poo poo water facility w my irl friends. 7 years, not bad.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1651851287896391680?s=20

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

An even more transparent proxy for whiteness than "good schools" though with lots of overlap obv

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Have they tried collecting urine in a large number of stone urns for culture harvesting?

USA more like stone age at this rate, with some legacy high-tech MIC industries.

I can safely bag the USA because believe me there is nothing negative you can say about Australia that we don't already say here.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

lifehack bitches

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

You're very lucky and I can only assume quite skilled to be at a job for that long. That's the sign of a invaluable employee:unsmith:

who handles cases of egregious attempted nepotistic-cronyism? the horny police?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Egg Moron posted:

who handles cases of egregious attempted nepotistic-cronyism? the horny police?

Horny for jobs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mola Yam posted:

nepo baby smythe

Thread title

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

He used to post financial twitter embeds but now he just posts nonsense words. There's still a loving home for him in the Trump thread but I do find myself wondering what our good pals Wolfers and Cathie are up to...

I gave you all the tools to find this on your own.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/status/1651597455614509058?s=20

My God. The very life blood of the American diet is at risk...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We took our cat to the vet for his rabies vaccine the other day and they casually dropped "sorry it's only the one year vaccine, we haven't been able to get ahold of the 3-year version for months now"

so medical supply chains still breaking apart

nothing to worry about it's all good

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

so medical supply chains still breaking apart

Welcome to some months ago, unfortunately. Even things that might be made nationally won't be because the "local" manufacturer is still highly reliant on imported components or goods.

I'm talking about human medicine too, not pets.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good job Chevy
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1651914857439014913?t=8RRlZ5MpTFBla64LkBzL6w&s=19

Since it was requested by the whiners
https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1651566903394172930?t=TJQLWnu0eNnbWXBBT1NlXw&s=19
https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1651568873609789444?t=LB86Rt7YeNJz0JJyrSmUdw&s=19

Krugman, the fail gbs/turpm thread poster
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1650542565312065536?t=FDzbUG4iu4nEDcWAZVB0sw&s=19

https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1651248182402097152?t=s0MNTzNAiIpNjrFhJjcNaQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1651226068274016261?t=EfouGZKrcIYx0YX6dfF_pQ&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I'm probably gonna end my work strike soon and work at the poo poo water facility w my irl friends. 7 years, not bad.

Thread title

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lets run this poo poo into the ground

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

anime was right posted:

I'm being groomed for promotions but I'm getting apprehensive about them. Literally everything I'd be qualified for doesn't have any real responsibilities. Even the hiring managers give me a nonsensical paragraph when I ask them what the hell the job is lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Koirhor posted:

lets run this poo poo into the ground

spacemang_spliff posted:

the people have spoken

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm being groomed for promotions but I'm getting apprehensive about them. Literally everything I'd be qualified for doesn't have any real responsibilities. Even the hiring managers give me a nonsensical paragraph when I ask them what the hell the job is lmao

Imposter syndrome is real. If you know your own fshortcomings just remember that's a sign you are actually aware of what you can do, what your weaknesses are and what you need to focus on. Anything you feel confident in will most likely actually be good.

Peter principle failures aren't aware of any of that and just cruise through life leaving wreckage 6 lanes wide until it potentially catches up. You aren't one of those (probably? you have this internal dilemma so I'm assuming not) so you'll be okay.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

DancingShade posted:

Imposter syndrome is real. If you know your own fshortcomings just remember that's a sign you are actually aware of what you can do, what your weaknesses are and what you need to focus on. Anything you feel confident in will most likely actually be good.

Peter principle failures aren't aware of any of that and just cruise through life leaving wreckage 6 lanes wide until it potentially catches up. You aren't one of those (probably? you have this internal dilemma so I'm assuming not) so you'll be okay.

I appreciate it op ❤️

This is less impostor syndrome and more "I want a job where my boss can actually explain what I do and I have a tangible product of my work at the end of the day"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buy Shopify

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

DancingShade posted:

And the reality of corporate ladder-y jobs is eventually you get paid for judgement and decision making, not actually "working." Which feels awful to people with empathy and a capacity for self-reflection. Seeing other humans Actually Do Work while making less money and having shittier lives - it's not great unless you're a sociopath!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

cool av posted:

lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

signal boosting for how hilariously unfair this is. its like a key & peele sketch

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

cool av posted:

resume material

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
working in the guild hr department

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
LF healer (BS or equivalent required)

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

This is because there’s no profit in it. You can either give this one injection or give them a week of pills.

Honestly most patients opt for the pills so the demand is low and it’s less profitable so companies don’t want to make much of it.

I use it mainly for my homeless/very indigent population for whom even a $4 med like penicillin would be a hardship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
1500 derailments shortages is normal, actually