Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

No Wave posted:

I think it's because they nerfed shuri and sandman, the two decks surfer couldn't beat.

No doubt those are a factor. And Leech getting hit too. Leech remains a hard counter to Silver Surfer, but I haven't seen him played since a few days after his ability was changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Kind of hate the changes btw. Every Sera punisher besides wave and every Deathwave punisher period has been nerfed to the point they're a drag to run in anything. And they also turbobuff enchantress a card that hits everyone except them and especially hits decks that play their power before turn 6. Do people actually enjoy sera mirrors?

Totally separate thing luke cage shouldnt be ongoing you should be able to gently caress over super skrull with mary.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 28, 2023

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Finally got modok and modok owns.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Mierenneuker posted:

It knew it would need to become a fighting game boss eventually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJSkB6IoV2E
(ignore the part where it becomes tired early on and tags in Chun-Li for a bit)

Man, I hope we can get some kind of Capcom collaboration for this game in the future. Maybe variants with the MVC sprites or some Nishimura variants

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Chainclaw posted:

if we're listing dream cards, I want the Norman Osborn version of the Iron Patriot added, with the text "Replace all Avengers cards in your deck with the Dark Avengers versions", like High Evolutionary but for Wolverine / Daken, Sentry, Ms Marvel / Moonstone, Bullseye / Hawkeye, etc.

For me, it's:

- Constrictor: The lowest-cost enemy card cannot move from this location.
- Ares: +2 power if your opponent has more cards in play than you.
- Speed Demon: When a game effect would destroy Speed Demon, moves randomly to another location instead.
- Crimson Commando: Does not count for enemy cards' ongoing effects.
- The Spot: You can move this each turn. The next card you play has "You can move this once."
- Stilt-Man: You can move this once. After a move, cannot be moved again.
- Pretty Boy: Add the top card from your opponent's deck to this location. If Pretty Boy is destroyed, destroy that card.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Maneck posted:

No doubt those are a factor. And Leech getting hit too. Leech remains a hard counter to Silver Surfer, but I haven't seen him played since a few days after his ability was changed.

I wonder if that's due to bast and valk dropping to s3 at the same time, which seems like it led to the patriot meta. Leech is a bit of a liability against a patriot deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Leech was only run in decks that ramped him out in the first place and ramping him out doesnt do anything now so no deck runs him (plus he doesnt beat T4 galactus anymore so why bother even as a rogue tech card). Patriot got popular because shuri got nerfed and patriot's shuri matchup was egregiously horrible it's always been good outside of that.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
There's a fat body Patriot deck that ran Leech without a ramp. The theory being that if the Patriot player has Ultron in hand, and Patriot+Mystique on the board, they don't really need T5 anyway and might as well make T6 hard for their opponent. I haven't run it in a few weeks but it should still work fine, and might even be a good idea if Sera decks become ubiquitous.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I feel like shang chi should be lower power. Even at 4/1 he's a 10+ point power swing for 4 energy when successful

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Enchantress should be 3/4 instead of 4/6. Goose and Cosmo both effectively protect Ongoing strats and box out Enchantress, but the counterplay isn't up to snuff speed-wise, it's too easy to protect.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Infinite Karma posted:

Enchantress should be 3/4 instead of 4/6. Goose and Cosmo both effectively protect Ongoing strats and box out Enchantress, but the counterplay isn't up to snuff speed-wise, it's too easy to protect.
I don't think there's any energy cost where enchantress could hit a blue marvel before it's played behind a cosmo.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

No Wave posted:

I don't think there's any energy cost where enchantress could hit a blue marvel before it's played behind a cosmo.
That's a good point, maybe the solution is really to take away the On Reveal keyword from Enchantress without changing her ability.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So like, if your opponent plays ongoings ever you win the game? Is that a problem that needs to be solved?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I hate win by 40+ when everyone I play is running Galactus. Also I opened a season pass reward and got...Pixel Titania. I, coincidentally, had Titania in my current deck, so I think the game is mocking me.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Red posted:

For me, it's:

- Constrictor: The lowest-cost enemy card cannot move from this location.
- Ares: +2 power if your opponent has more cards in play than you.
- Speed Demon: When a game effect would destroy Speed Demon, moves randomly to another location instead.
- Crimson Commando: Does not count for enemy cards' ongoing effects.
- The Spot: You can move this each turn. The next card you play has "You can move this once."
- Stilt-Man: You can move this once. After a move, cannot be moved again.
- Pretty Boy: Add the top card from your opponent's deck to this location. If Pretty Boy is destroyed, destroy that card.

This exact speed demon design is my best attempt at coming up with a card for Longshot but it’s very similar to wolverine/doesn’t embody the hollow bones aspect

Red
Apr 15, 2003

dangerburrd posted:

This exact speed demon design is my best attempt at coming up with a card for Longshot but it’s very similar to wolverine/doesn’t embody the hollow bones aspect

I would think Longshot returns to your hand when he would be destroyed, and could be redeployed for 0.

Edit: I now really want this card so I can give the middle finger to the danger room.

Edit 2: lol, how could I forget

- The Blob: This can't be moved.

Red fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 28, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still like leech, so many decks are built around big telegraphed turn six plays so if I can see that somebody's going to be playing death or no or hella or any of those he still pretty handy. You just have to watch out for Patriot and Infinaut decks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

https://youtu.be/eN9kihJu9dc

Next season video out

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow so nebula is kind of ridiculous. 1/1 each turn gain +2 power if your opponent doesnt play a card here (except the turn you play this). That first turn exception is a really big deal but still seems too strong.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

Wow so nebula is kind of ridiculous. 1/1 each turn gain +2 power if your opponent doesnt play a card here (except the turn you play this). That first turn exception is a really big deal but still seems too strong.

Think it could see a nerf to +1 power/turn but between Nebula and Kitty Pryde it seems like the 1-energy spot is going to have some solid choices.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So worst case if she's played turn 1 she's a 1/3 with no downside best case she's a 1/11

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Minimum 1/3 against decks that don't bounce or self destroy, more realistically a 1/5 or 1/7. Does the same thing as Lizard but way better at the price of being vulnerable to Killmonger and being significantly worse the later you play her. Sounds fine initially but it's pretty trivial to just slap Armor in the same lane for a 3 energy lane win.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 28, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wait, so .... giving Thing/Cyclops/Shocker/etc. abilities makes Sandbar even worse, doesn't it?

Edit: Plus, I feel like starter packs should have some 'nothing' cards as people learn the game.

Edit 2: Oh wait, are these *only* via High Evolutionary?

Edit 3: VVVV Oh, that's fine, then. VVVV

Red fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 28, 2023

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They only get the abilities when you include High Evolutionary in your deck with them. They still exist without the abilities outside of that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Red posted:

Wait, so .... giving Thing/Cyclops/Shocker/etc. abilities makes Sandbar even worse, doesn't it?

Edit: Plus, I feel like starter packs should have some 'nothing' cards as people learn the game.

Edit 2: Oh wait, are these *only* via High Evolutionary?

Yeah, High Evo will "unlock" them at the beginning of the game. It's like a Nega-Patriot.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Nebula is a 4/6 in this video?

Edit: they show her as a 1/1 later, must be a mistake

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like how Living Tribunal more or less undoes the Shuri/Red Skull nerf already

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah, High Evo will "unlock" them at the beginning of the game. It's like a Nega-Patriot.

Patrion't.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

dangerburrd posted:

Nebula is a 4/6 in this video?

Edit: they show her as a 1/1 later, must be a mistake

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1651997680741261312

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Opopanax posted:

I like how Living Tribunal more or less undoes the Shuri/Red Skull nerf already

When are they playing tribunal if they curve shuri/red skull/taskmaster? And if they skip taskmaster they’re splitting 24 3 ways, doesn’t seem awful.

Dr doom and Odin outta sandman adds more points to the board than that

I’ve been thinking about and the best thing I can come up with for tribunal is psylock into wong into mystique into panther into tribunal, which is still only a 32 power panther

dangerburrd fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 28, 2023

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think you're mostly playing Tribunal in Lockjaw/Jubilee decks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Don't Galactus/Spider-man on 5 and give me that loving Ms Marvel thumbs up like you made some genius play when you haven't even snapped. Enjoy your 1 cube you jackass. They need a universal mute NOW so I don't have to toggle it every time.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Wow, Wong, Hazmat and Odin on Onslaughts Citadel. I ended up with -200 total power.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Don't Galactus/Spider-man on 5 and give me that loving Ms Marvel thumbs up like you made some genius play when you haven't even snapped. Enjoy your 1 cube you jackass. They need a universal mute NOW so I don't have to toggle it every time.

I find it more annoying when people spam "SNAP? SNAP? SNAP?" at you after RNG dry fists you.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

dangerburrd posted:

When are they playing tribunal if they curve shuri/red skull/taskmaster? And if they skip taskmaster they’re splitting 24 3 ways, doesn’t seem awful.

Dr doom and Odin outta sandman adds more points to the board than that

I’ve been thinking about and the best thing I can come up with for tribunal is psylock into wong into mystique into panther into tribunal, which is still only a 32 power panther

T1 ??
T2 zabu
T3 Mr negative
T4 ??
T5 magik
T6 onslaught
T7 iron man mystique Dracula (in onslaught lane) living tribunal (all negatived) you have infinaut in hand

Gg next

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Thought about it some more, Tribunal is probably best in a Hela deck so you don't have to worry about randomly stacking all your power cards in one lane.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Been cruising steadily upwards with this Darkhawk X Hit Monkey bounce deck. It works surprisingly well because Beasting Korg and Widow build Darkhawk and also helps build Bishop/Angela and put a good Hit Monkey on board. It has multiple combos and win conditions so I rarely run into a bad draw.

Some piloting tips are:
- How you play Beast makes or breaks the deck. Key cards to Beast are Korg, Widow, Monkey. Hitting Falcon is good too, try then to play Falcon-Beast-Falcon for lots of bounce. Absent those, Beast a 1 cost card to get it to 0 for bouncing it free for Bishop/Angela/Monkey.
- Don’t forget Widow must be played before T6 so exclude her from your T6 combo.
- Killmonger is vital mostly to counter decks like Thanos and Sunspots. Hitting your Hood and Nova is good but countering stuff is way more important.
- A good T6 combo is fun but just dropping Killmonger or Darkhawk is sometimes the better play.
- An 8-10 power monkey is enough to win most games.
- You auto-retreat against Galactus, and have a bad matchup against Shuri and T4 Sandman ramp, but otherwise nothing shuts you down, even a well played cosmo only does moderate damage and if you get Leeched but have Bishop on board you still have many paths to victory. You have good matchups vs Thanos, Control Sera, clutter and patriot decks, any Darkhawk/Dino deck.

May not be a Top Tier deck but it seems to perform Very Good and I made it myself so i’m, like, proud and poo poo! Snap is fun!

Bisse fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 28, 2023

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They just can't help themselves with these locations.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Can't wait to get a game that's just Milano, Sandbar and Krakoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

They just can't help themselves with these locations.

I believe I saw them say that June is the beginning of locations influenced by the outcry against so many prohibitive locations. Deep Space seems fine to me, Milano seems really annoying. Feels like we’re at a place with Milano, Sandbar, Sanctum where you could maybe do absolutely nothing.