Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Sword of Temporal Nonceness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Charlie Windsor and the Scone of Destiny

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You're a wanker, Charley

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

"My sword is a tool of temporal justice."

"Nice sword your majesty, but do you have a source for your divine right?"

"My source is I made it the gently caress up"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1651235417516023809?t=OozxYn_rfuyf9hVT97UEgg&s=19

Ah ha ha ha they are actually going the 'gently caress your shithole little failstate' route.

E: ok that's actiBlizz, but still.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 28, 2023

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Didn't realize the british economy relied entirely on Diablo 4

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It relies on a sausage fingered near dead man sat on a rock of destiny with the swords of temporal and spiritual justice, of course it runs on 00s action RPG rules.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

sinky posted:

Didn't realize the british economy relied entirely on Diablo 4

While it’s current cultural events appear to rely on a particularly poor WOW expansion

E ^^^^ Fb

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

u gief SoJ (sword of justice)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The surprise is that a Tory led government is giving two shits about corporate monopolies regulation in the first place, you'd have thought they'd have gotten round to quietly demolishing that by now. Is the govt just mad they didn't get paid the appropriate bribes

Mebh
May 10, 2010

The government are all tech luddites and think that whatsapp is the height of technology. As evidenced by their inability to not poo poo into the stratosphere anytime they are left in charge of any secure tech or correspondence.

I'm willing to bet they just don't give a gently caress because its not a contract for fox hunting or embezzling horse gizzards.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Angepain posted:

The surprise is that a Tory led government is giving two shits about corporate monopolies regulation in the first place, you'd have thought they'd have gotten round to quietly demolishing that by now. Is the govt just mad they didn't get paid the appropriate bribes

That's what this is about.
They want Microsoft, one of the major big players, to bribe...sorry dedicate and invest in a few company locations in London.
Sunak wants a Silicon Valley UK, this is how you get them to come,

I would not be surprised that a deal has been agreed upon and some £300 million is given to Microsoft to set up a new call center in central London somewhere.

Who knew that the Tories will loving ruin console gaming forever by allowing this lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i knew we were still relevant

lets ruin console gaming forever to prove it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Everything Tories touch dies

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was of the understanding that the US was likely to block it independently of the UK.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope they touch themselves

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yeah we just our go first i think before us and europe said the same

trailblazing world leaders as usual

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Mebh posted:

The government are all tech luddites and

i'll have no abuse of the term "luddite" in this thread

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

OwlFancier posted:

king has three arms confirmed

E: or is quite good at juggling

Charles the Grafted.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
e: nm

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
If u give me your membership of the EU I will double your economy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Sunak wants a Silicon Valley UK

this already exists lol that's the entire reason ARM is a thing

I genuinely wonder if the Tories are just furious it's Cambridge and not Oxford that won the silicon war

Mebh
May 10, 2010

So italy just legislated away unemployment benefits? Yikes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

this already exists lol that's the entire reason ARM is a thing

I genuinely wonder if the Tories are just furious it's Cambridge and not Oxford that won the silicon war

They wanted to sell ARM a few years ago, funny how they don't have any long term planning what so ever.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

They wanted to sell ARM a few years ago, funny how they don't have any long term planning what so ever.

oh they plan all right, they sell Britain off to companies owned by tax havens

it's genuinely something to behold to see our country continue to vote in people who are literally just selling the national silver off to Hadolf Itler, Argentinian Businessman based in the Canary Islands

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mebh posted:

So italy just legislated away unemployment benefits? Yikes.

Odds of Years of Lead 2.0 just increased dramatically.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Hadolf Itler, Argentinian Businessman based in the Canary Islands
I think he's running for Reform Party in the locals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWIyVRNAxCg&t=22s

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Odds of Years of Lead 2.0 just increased dramatically.

3.0. They already did 2.0 in the late 90s/early 00s.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I think he's running for Reform Party in the locals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWIyVRNAxCg&t=22s

it's rather frustrating that Cleese went from this level of mockery of "I'm not a racist, but" to just being "I am a racist, and"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

he wasn't a racist but then they moved the races and now he is a racist

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
These days, you just have to play Hitler ironically and then start thinking that he had a few good ideas about the races actually, and you know what they call you, these days?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

These days, you just have to play Hitler ironically and then start thinking that he had a few good ideas about the races actually, and you know what they call you, these days?

English?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1651235417516023809?t=OozxYn_rfuyf9hVT97UEgg&s=19

Ah ha ha ha they are actually going the 'gently caress your shithole little failstate' route.

E: ok that's actiBlizz, but still.

Microsoft said the same as well, it's maybe in some ways even more scathing:

Furious Microsoft boss says confidence in UK 'severely shaken' posted:

The move was "bad for Britain" and marked Microsoft's "darkest day" in its four decades of working in the country, Brad Smith told the BBC.

In an interview with the BBC's Wake up to Money programme, Mr Smith said Microsoft was "very disappointed" with the CMA's decision, "but more than that, unfortunately, I think it's bad for Britain".

"It does more than shake our confidence in the future of the opportunity to grow a technology business in Britain than we've ever confronted before," he said.

"People are shocked, people are disappointed, and people's confidence in technology in the UK has been severely shaken.

"There's a clear message here - the European Union is a more attractive place to start a business than the United Kingdom."

The response does seem to hint it's about the money, particularly lack thereof in Tory (donor) pockets:

quote:

"The signs were clear for months that this deal was in trouble with UK regulators and yet Microsoft executives didn't prioritise it or heed the evidence that it was," he told the BBC.

"They [Microsoft] had ample opportunity to do things differently over the past 16 months - they've not provided a convincing enough case."

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 29, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Landlords eh?

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1652013143441174529?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

He needs to keep the last months rent, tell them to stick the deposit, poo poo all over the walls and then burn it down

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

smellmycheese posted:

Landlords eh?

I think I sit way further towards capitalist oval office* than the majority of this thread, so it says something that this made my blood boil.

*I'm not a landlord.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i knew we were still relevant

lets ruin console gaming forever to prove it

I’m what way is it bad for console gaming to ensure that a giant conglomerate doesn’t stifle competition? This deal would have been bad for consumers, and would only serve to benefit the owners and shareholders of these massive companies.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sausage Mitts trying to replicate his mothers PR success with cartoon bears.

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1652187816472764417?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

smellmycheese posted:

Landlords eh?

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1652013143441174529?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

He needs to keep the last months rent, tell them to stick the deposit, poo poo all over the walls and then burn it down

It costs £1.80 to get your wheelie bin cleaned. He’ll pressure wash your drive for a fiver at the same time if you ask.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Scientastic posted:

I’m what way is it bad for console gaming to ensure that a giant conglomerate doesn’t stifle competition? This deal would have been bad for consumers, and would only serve to benefit the owners and shareholders of these massive companies.

read the discussion happening in the thread.

smellmycheese posted:

Landlords eh?

lol. nice try but heres a photo of what the place looked like when i moved in and the one good thing about renting is that the deposit arbitration people are actually surprisingly good at siding with tenants on this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

smellmycheese posted:

Landlords eh?

Lol I'm flashing back to when our landlord illegally evicted my wife and me from the furnished house we'd been renting in Sept 2020. We went along with it because we were meaning to move anyway and didn't have the energy to put up a fight. She had been living in the house with us for a time but spent less and less time there over the years until she moved in with her boyfriend permanently. We're very good and clean tenants, had always treated the place as if it was our own home, and were on pretty good terms with the landlord up until the eviction, so we assumed we would get our deposit back and didn't worry that she didn't respond to our request for it right away.

Then she sent us an email a few days after we moved out informing us that we actually owed her money for cleaning and repairs but that she would be magnanimous and just keep the deposit. It included an itemised list with poo poo like spending hundreds of pounds to hire a professional cleaner to clean the oven, which we had cleaned right before moving but which was old and could only get so clean, and almost 80 pounds for a dozen-glass set to replace the two glasses we had accidentally broken over two years.

I threatened to sue for the deposit and made clear that it wasn't just bluster by sending her a few links demonstrating how easily I could win the money back by filing online. She then sent us the money and a loooong pissy email talking about how two-faced we were, and how we claimed we were good tenants but that she'd once found that we'd accidentally left a candle burning after we went to bed, and so we were actually bad tenants.

That was one of the most satisfying things I've ever done.