Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
This is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope perez is slowing to keep Charles in DRS

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Another sprint race where you could've turned off halfway through and missed nothing.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

If this is what we have to look forward to tomorrow then it might be a good time to take a nap instead.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I love Charles.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

If this is what we have to look forward to tomorrow then it might be a good time to take a nap instead.

The hope/assumption is 1 to 2 people will be welcomed by the walls to shake it up for the full race. Yuki just did it too early for 17 laps.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
PER LEC VER is an acceptable starting position

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

PER LEC VER is an acceptable starting position

For when

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ChaosReaper posted:

many drivers were definitely being careful for these 17 laps lol

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well that was a waste, off to bed for me

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Dang Russell actually did quite a number on Verstappen's car

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
ooooooooh!!!! mad max

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Lol at frogboy calling the Tory a dickhead

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Everyone should be insulting George at every opportunity. Good work max

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Angryhead posted:

Lol at frogboy calling the Tory a dickhead

Let them fight. Vamos Checo

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Considering I expected a whole load of nothing that was alright.

Pouring one out for Yuki's tyre.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
Here is that massive crash at Spa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkZDGzg3IjU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:eyepop:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Man the medals were dumb enough but now having some guy try to sheepishly hand the drivers a plaque after they've done their interview is even dumber lol.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
For a second I thought this might be a good sprint race and then it wasn’t.

Max is awful.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Georgey boy keep crashing into verstappen

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol at max

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

FIA should hire Marie Kondo and ask her if these sprint races sparks joy (it does not)

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The only entertaining thing about this race was Max acting like a petulant child, and him and Horner jerking themselves off for a clean pass on Young Tory.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Sashimi posted:

The only entertaining thing about this race was Max acting like a petulant child, and him and Horner jerking themselves off for a clean pass on Young Tory.
Wrong:

https://twitter.com/f1nocontext/status/1652305970217844738

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

make the cars small and lightweight, actually punish red bull for cheating and get rid of DRS pls mysognist arabic rally champion I'm begging you tia

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Ok that too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgoaDxVdQWM

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Grimson posted:

f2 is so good

What got me about this sprint hilarity was that this was the 2nd restart after all the other incidents, dogs breakfast of a start, 2 cars out from that but no restart, missed apex into the wall (rear tire), so restart and...another missed apex into the wall with the entire car 2nd restart, but this time they decided to head the wall's call properly and stack TWO cars in there. But there were THREE other cars that failed at that turn. Just incredible carnage, and that's F1's future with no tire heating (because the real issue is the brakes). Race ends on a safety car oh well.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nobody respects George Russell, and rightfully so.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i think you guys are letting your hate for max blind you. he had a giant hole in his car to be fair

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tony quidtana posted:

make the cars small and lightweight, actually punish red bull for cheating and get rid of DRS pls mysognist arabic rally champion I'm begging you tia

No poo poo the best racing I've seen in a while was the Goodwood members meeting a few weeks back where people were just fully sending Lotus Cortinas in the name of Jim Clark.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

So I missed something here. Did Russell jump from 11th to 3rd into turn 1, wtf was going on? I thought he didn't make Q3

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That's for Sunday's farce. Today's fiasco had a separate set of qualifying sessions for the sprint race.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The “regular” sprints were usually bad but todays whole show was really stupid on a new level. We’re going to need some solid Welcoming tomorrow to keep the race interesting.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's for Sunday's farce. Today's fiasco had a separate set of qualifying sessions for the sprint race.

When was that? So Charles starts on pole tomorrow?

I thought the Sprint Race was the qualy session for Sunday.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They changed the format about three days ago

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
watching the sprint race replay and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed at anything as much as Tsunoda’s tire rolling down the hill

tell me there’s a gif of that

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Anime Store Adventure posted:

The “regular” sprints were usually bad but todays whole show was really stupid on a new level. We’re going to need some solid Welcoming tomorrow to keep the race interesting.

The sprint races aren't the problem with F1 op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sab0921 posted:

When was that? So Charles starts on pole tomorrow?

I thought the Sprint Race was the qualy session for Sunday.
Not anymore!

The sprint quali was held 5hrs before the sprint.
The quali you watched on Friday is for Sundays race.

Saturday in this new format is it's own island of stupid to fight for 8 points.