Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

How does Parc ferme work with this format? Are teams only allowed to change their setup after FP1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

i think you guys are letting your hate for max blind you. he had a giant hole in his car to be fair

actually the giant hole was driving the car

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Simplex posted:

How does Parc ferme work with this format? Are teams only allowed to change their setup after FP1?
Nope.
Good luck!

You can replace damaged parts with same spec ones between the sprint and race iirc, but still have fun with setup.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
seems like an odd play, but i guess he followed through on it at least

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want George and Frogman to crash tomorrow so george can go over and smack him on the helmet like he did with Bottas

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
max sucks so much lol, a perfect distillate of dutchness

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Oh wow it was 17 laps of boring instead of 35 or whatever.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Hope Checo wins tomorrow

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Verstappen drove like trash but gently caress Russell lol.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Residency Evil posted:

For a second I thought this might be a good sprint race and then it wasn’t.

Max is awful.

I thought it was Ok for a sprint. And yeah Max whiffed the start.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Frond posted:

Verstappen drove like trash but gently caress Russell lol.

facts.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Max (and also Checo but he tends to start on the front row less) haven't had the greatest starts for a while, both end of last season and this one. Reaction time is most of it I think but still.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Zedd posted:

Max (and also Checo but he tends to start on the front row less) haven't had the greatest starts for a while, both end of last season and this one. Reaction time is most of it I think but still.

doesn’t really matter when the car is so fast that they’ve made up the places and out of DRS range in 5 laps anyway

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the milk machine posted:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Martin Trundle

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Nobody respects George Russell, and rightfully so.

if he keeps putting holes in Max's car because max doesn't know how to back out of a corner he might earn it

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
motogp sprint kicked rear end, those riders gonna be sore as gently caress after this season though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

i think you guys are letting your hate for max blind you. he had a giant hole in his car to be fair

Yeah a giant rear end in a top hat

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Immolat1on posted:

motogp sprint kicked rear end, those riders gonna be sore as gently caress after this season though

I don't think the sprints are in and of themselves bad but they were extremely poorly thought out in both F1 and MotoGP and more or less a knee jerk reaction to broadcasters complaining about viewership dropping in certain markets.

Baseball's viewership dropped and they took a holistic view on why people were turning off the game, implemented a ton of changes that addressed that even though the old die hard fans grumbled and its basically turned into my favourite sport to watch in 2023.

instead in F1 you have red bull loving off into the distance with 7 DRS zones/track and an extra race on Saturday with more shouting because thats what the lobotomised fans that came in through Netflix respond to.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Immolat1on posted:

For real, everyone seems to be ok. For anyone who wants to watch some actual racing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MdxE7JtsGGM

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Coming in late but I gotta say I love Alpha Tauri pit crew telling Yuki “yup, this baby’s all fixed and good to go, you go out there, champ, and bring us some points!” and the car just absolutely making GBS threads itself as it crabbing out of the pits.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mokotow posted:

Coming in late but I gotta say I love Alpha Tauri pit crew telling Yuki “yup, this baby’s all fixed and good to go, you go out there, champ, and bring us some points!” and the car just absolutely making GBS threads itself as it crabbing out of the pits.
Between that and last year's 500IQ repair job Yuki doesn't have a good time in Baku

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol I forgot about the duct tape.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Just happy for Checo and seeing Max get so salty. I wonder who answers the call of the wall first tomorrow.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Zedd posted:

Between that and last year's 500IQ repair job Yuki doesn't have a good time in Baku

100% success rate at dodging FIA technical reps

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Mokotow posted:

Tsunoda also said he wasn’t able to continue.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mokotow posted:

tost was right about not trusting his engineers

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
All the rookies are hitting the wall tomorrow

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I’d like to think Sarge got it out of the way today, but we’ll see.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I haven't read through the post yet but this format sucks.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/f1trollofficial/status/1652370381733330944?t=fzcysi6XsarUyBtHf9mF9g&s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

god drat

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

:ck5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002