Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flowing Thot posted:

Nah the special one.
Oh, the Seele banner? Yeah that resets too.

However, since you got a non-limited 5*, your next 5* is guaranteed to be the limited character. This carries across banners, IE: when Seele rotates off the banner and someone else is there, you'd still be guaranteed to get them when you get a 5*.

And just as a sanity test, if you mean the beginner banner, that's unrelated to the standard/limited banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Pom Pom wants to ban pets from boarding the train.

Pom Pom is literally worse than Hitler.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What's the deal with these floating robots and the memory bubbles?

For Memory Bubbles I've got that if you try to touch them they say something like "find someone who knows about them." If you talk to Herta standing near the train platform she enables the option to touch them. But after touching a bubble the screen just spits out a wall of text on a black background and I've been either too stoned to read them or too tired to care. There doesn't seem like there's a menu to track these bubbles but I'm sure there must be?

There are also those floating robot things that let you force a shutdown and then they do nothing. Haven't figured out what they're for either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just unlocked how you get the last two relic slots.

Thats much different from the betq i was in, hrm.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Endorph posted:

Oh, the Seele banner? Yeah that resets too.

However, since you got a non-limited 5*, your next 5* is guaranteed to be the limited character. This carries across banners, IE: when Seele rotates off the banner and someone else is there, you'd still be guaranteed to get them when you get a 5*.

And just as a sanity test, if you mean the beginner banner, that's unrelated to the standard/limited banner.

Yeah I did all the beginner one first day

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

What's the deal with these floating robots and the memory bubbles?

For Memory Bubbles I've got that if you try to touch them they say something like "find someone who knows about them." If you talk to Herta standing near the train platform she enables the option to touch them. But after touching a bubble the screen just spits out a wall of text on a black background and I've been either too stoned to read them or too tired to care. There doesn't seem like there's a menu to track these bubbles but I'm sure there must be?

There are also those floating robot things that let you force a shutdown and then they do nothing. Haven't figured out what they're for either.

If you keep deactivating the robots, eventually you'll trigger the next step. For the bubbles, I don't know of any way to track them, unfortunately. The writing around those is pretty great though.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I was surprisingly invested into finding the bubbles once I finally found the right Herta to unlock them. They're like someone on the writing team wanted an excuse to write out 20 short horror scifi stories, I enjoyed them a lot.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Indecisive posted:

Be nice if they'd have some way to reliably get some pieces where you can at least pick a mainstat piece x times per week. Or consume dupe relics to reroll the substats. Or something

You can pick main stat of a relic you roll for yourself with the self-modeling resin which I think is just one per battlepass (it's the 40th item on it). Still at the mercy of substats of course.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Finally did the 5th pull on the starter banner and I got Bronya. Now I just need to get her girlfriend.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Coeurl Marx posted:

Yeah I was surprisingly invested into finding the bubbles once I finally found the right Herta to unlock them. They're like someone on the writing team wanted an excuse to write out 20 short horror scifi stories, I enjoyed them a lot.

is there a way to re-read them in game? when the screen turns black and i get a bunch of dialog lines my eyes just kinda gloss over and ignore everything until it goes away.

e: Fake/real edit this is kinda the thing I dislike about HSR so far. I'm just here for the story but so far I don't really care much about the story so unless things pick up soon I'm prolly out. I still don't really understand why I'm on the ice planet. I mean, I get what I'm doing after landing on here ("helping the people") but why am I here in the first place? I hope this game isn't just a sequence of planet-of-the-weeks: ie, goto new planet, gain trust of the natives by helping them out with menial chores, kill the big bad, goto new planet.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 29, 2023

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

is there a way to re-read them in game? when the screen turns black and i get a bunch of dialog lines my eyes just kinda gloss over and ignore everything until it goes away.

e: Fake/real edit this is kinda the thing I dislike about HSR so far. I'm just here for the story but so far I don't really care much about the story so unless things pick up soon I'm prolly out. I still don't really understand why I'm on the ice planet. I mean, I get what I'm doing after landing on here ("helping the people") but why am I here in the first place? I hope this game isn't just a sequence of planet-of-the-weeks: ie, goto new planet, gain trust of the natives by helping them out with menial chores, kill the big bad, goto new planet.

You're retracing the path of a dead/missing space god to see if you can learn more about him or something, so yeah that's going to involve planet of the week stuff but it's going to be building to something too.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Boris Galerkin posted:

You tried to warp somewhere else and got pulled out of warp by the planet. It is preventing you from leaving.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Says they're here for the story, doesn't read the story

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

It's not a good sign story-wise when you forget why you're here because the game keeps mixing in a bunch of useless sidequests to tell me about the day-in-the-life of a kid with a pirate name that I don't care about.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Sounds like a Yakuza game to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo I'm so out of the loop with these games. I thought this and Zenless Zone Zero were both turn-based games. Now I see the appeal for one over the other.

Not sure why everyone's so worried about this one having insane power creep though. It's not like it's Raid Shadow Legends or something. Even then I'm sure this isn't a FFXIV situation and the developers have played a turn-based game at least 2 times in the last decade.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Tekne posted:

Finally did the 5th pull on the starter banner and I got Bronya. Now I just need to get her girlfriend.

Important goals. I was considering skipping the current banner and going for the next one, but I got Bronya from the starter and she and Seele are too gay for each other not to pair.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I'm here for the side content that is fantastic instead of the story which is kind of meh.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Welp, there’s Seele so time to start hoarding jade for the next banner I want to go for. Considering dropping Gepard and running Clara/Seele/Natasha/Pela. Let Clara soak hits with her higher chance to be targeted and poo poo out counters everywhere while Seele does her thing and Nat keeps them all alive. No idea how viable that is for harder stuff but it sounds awesome!

… Once I get Seele six usable leveled relics, Jesus Christ.

So here's the trick with artifacts. Don't bother with artifact bonuses until much later. LIterally just jam any atk%/crit%/crit dam% artifacts that you find on her. Use blues levelled up to +6 if you need to (don't go higher than +6, not really worth it)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

i mean they literally tell you, the magic space rock means the train cant move on until you resolve the magic space rock situation.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Artifact counterpoint - the 4pc set that gives you "+1 energy at the start of a battle" is insanely useful, and its 2pc synergizes with your healer so you'd be crazy to not use it. IIRC it was even from the storyline so it's not a random chance to acquire.

Was not a fan of fireMC at first, but she's growing on me. Still a substantial damage downgrade from physMC, but the lasting power is nice. I even got the achievement for finishing a boss solo in virtual universe 2 by abusing a set of "get shield on kill, get energy on kill, get health on kill" random modifiers due to her burst and empowered normal attacks since that boss loved to spam summons.

And my god, more "stuff" just keeps unlocking. There's like 6 different calyxes and a handful of different expeditions and a bunch of domains and weekly bosses and so on and so on. I'm still on the drat ice planet but there are so many sidequests and new features unlocking while I just derp around that I'm not really incentivized to keep pushing the main storyline forward just yet.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I already have Seele so fireMC was a massive upgrade. The extra tankiness/support stuff was huge, plus having a fire element instead of two phys (+Natasha). Right now I'm using fireMC/Seele/Natasha/Tingyun to great success. Up to the level 50 forgotten memory stages at level 40 feels good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

ran away into an alley on ice planet and going thru it like a mini-dungeon

wow

this is like an actual regular game

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i guess talking to trash cans is my life now

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
New thread title candidate right there

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
There is one in the railcar station that has the shiny indicator and just responds like one I have already interacted with that is driving me nuts.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Say, question for the folks who are further ahead in the story. Are there any "weekly boss" equivalents that should be unlocked before weekly reset on monday? I've already got all the sim universe stuff for the week.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Say, question for the folks who are further ahead in the story. Are there any "weekly boss" equivalents that should be unlocked before weekly reset on monday? I've already got all the sim universe stuff for the week.

You can refight the end planet bosses for rewards 3 times a week, have to beat the snow planet for it to unlock.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh no!

Well I'm sure it shouldn't be too big of a deal to get to the end before the weekend is over.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Has Hoyoverse talked about what the road map for HSR is in the coming months, or how often we can expect patches?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

story seems pretty straightforward and understandable to me :shrug:

e: should I do the first Equilibrium as soon as I can???

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 29, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Has Hoyoverse talked about what the road map for HSR is in the coming months, or how often we can expect patches?
They haven't really talked about the road map but it'll probably be the same cadence as Genshin, patches every 1.5 months or so. We know there's a banner after Seele in the same patch and we know it ends at the start of June.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

theblackw0lf posted:

I don't know if there's specific releases yet for update cadence but for the short term you could probably expect it to be similar to Genshin - 6 weeks and change between patches. The game's progression structures are so identical to Genshin that you can ballpark the next patch just by looking at banner timers or when the battle pass is intended to expire. If I had to draw my own conclusions I would assume they would alternate, as Genshin does, between patches that move the story forward or add new explorable spaces, and patches that add some QoL and temporary side events.

Much like Genshin, leaks abound for Star Rail and we already have leaked banners for I believe 1.1 through 1.3, so the game is pretty well planned out through the summer for certain.

The one thing I'll be interested in is if they move new story faster then Genshin. It's a year and change between new regions in that game so far, and it'd be a bit of a bummer if we had to wait that long between destinations here.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't know if its automatic but pulled first time on the standard banner and got Bailu as a 5*.
looks like a neat character

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

don't know if its automatic but pulled first time on the standard banner and got Bailu as a 5*.
looks like a neat character

you're certainly lucky

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meiteron posted:

The one thing I'll be interested in is if they move new story faster then Genshin. It's a year and change between new regions in that game so far, and it'd be a bit of a bummer if we had to wait that long between destinations here.
Destinations are much simpler than regions in Genshin that I have to imagine it'll be quicker. They're like one city and then a handful of dungeon locations as compared to a whole open world zone.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Meowywitch posted:

e: should I do the first Equilibrium as soon as I can???

I have been since that gates character ascension and I don’t regret it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When will I be free of Regin and his dumbass?

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
60-something pulls into the Seele banner and I lost the coinflip.

Yes, this is the feeling I remember.

Oh well, I’m enjoying the game! And I still have a couple of weeks to find gems. Just hit adventure rank 25, off to finish the ice planet I think.

I have an eidolon 5 Hook already somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

First world ending rant:

"A lie perpetuated for 700 years?" Did I miss something? The Architects have been working to the goal of Preservation this whole time, it's only recently that Cocolia fell to the Stellaron's influence. Is this about keeping the Stellaron secret? "Don't let anybody poke that thing until we figure out how to destroy it" seems like a good plan, it just took a long time because of the lack of outside help.