Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

otoh when i was a kid i paid 100 dollars for star wars episode 1 pod racer

and it was loving worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Twitter just randomly put this on my feed, and it's the most made for me game that has ever existed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_FNixU76V0
https://twitter.com/RhythmQuestGame/status/1648544251746177024

A fast paced platformer that's also an autoscroller with some really catchy chiptune music, please give me this now.

Not really the first game to do this, but there's a demo out and it feels really good. I played the demo and there's some sections where all the previous mechanics get combined and it feels incredible to nail a particular section. Each level also seems to introduce a new mechanics or something, which is always something that's great with platformers.

More devs should make really well made autoscroller platformers specifically for me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Most I ever paid for a video game was probably $120 AUD for Secret of Mana on the SNES

Which is around $240 AUD these days.

There weren't stores back in the day, and from memory this was the only place that had it? Think standard price back then was like $100

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s a fun prompt: What would the most “made for you” video game look like? Or does it already exist…

For me it’d be “pathfinder: kingmaker but better in every way”, so turn-based rpg with major build customization and roleplaying opportunities that tie into a city build layer, with time limits

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

That’s a fun prompt: What would the most “made for you” video game look like? Or does it already exist…

I've said this a million times already but: An entire like 70 level DKCR game that's only minecart and rocket barrel levels

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

a Saturn exclusive sequel to Symphony of the Night with the animation quality and style of Elevator Action Returns

bone emulator fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 29, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Okami, Jet Set Radio Future, and The Sexy Brutale were all made for me.

They have nothing in common but I love every bit of every one of those games.

E: A slasher survivor sim was already made too in Friday the 13th and it was perfect :(

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 29, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

bone emulator posted:

a Saturn exclusive sequel to Symphony of the Night with the animation quality and style of Elevator Action Returns

CREAT A NEW SOCIETY

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Jay Rust posted:

For me it’d be “pathfinder: kingmaker but better in every way”, so turn-based rpg with major build customization and roleplaying opportunities that tie into a city build layer, with time limits

it would be some sort of game where you evolve a critter from zero to hero like E.V.O.: Search For Eden but you Collect-A-Thon lots and lots of different body parts and abilities by defeating the other critters

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

a game thats completely incomprehensible to people that dont put in the effort to understand it, so that I can feel morally and intellectually superior to the people I deem too dumb to get it

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

isn't that most hobbies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

only the good ones

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

A hybrid between X, Homeworld and Freelancer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A big budget modern remake of Marathon Infinity

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

a low-budget demake of Pathways into Darkness

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

That’s a fun prompt: What would the most “made for you” video game look like?

Warcraft 4 + WoW running in parallel.

Major story beats are played out in both
Outcomes in one impacting the other, and vice versa.
Most popular outcome for missions becomes the standard, with the community actually impacting the greater plot

There is decades worth of characters that are literally sitting around doing nothing in WoW, because each expansion typically focuses on a handful of major characters and their story lines
Warcraft 4 can better impact the stuff you don't normally see

For example there was a really popular character called Yrel who got added in Warlords of Draenor, and then they just got.. left behind to rot storywise.
She rocks up much much later in what is effectively a sidequest for players unlocking a new playable race, the Mag'har Orcs, and her characters personality has effectively done a full 180... and then you never find out what caused that or any follow up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5MpzSudQvk

And there's hundreds of characters like that just sitting there doing nothing, other than just being left behind in expansions past

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 29, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My perfect game would include:

- Tactical RPG combat using a wide variety of classes each with numerous options and utilities
- A detailed, intricate story with unforgettable loveable characters and shocking plot developments
- A lush locale filled with detail and worldbuilding that kept revealing new places to explore
- A wide array of sidequests and activities to keep you entertained whenever you stepped away from the main plot
- A mammoth amount of content that would make lesser mortals step back in fear
- Be part of my favourite franchise of all time, Final Fantasy
- Catgirls

Maybe one day...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

- Tactical RPG combat using a wide variety of classes each with numerous options and utilities
- A detailed, intricate story with unforgettable loveable characters and shocking plot developments
- A lush locale filled with detail and worldbuilding that kept revealing new places to explore
- A wide array of sidequests and activities to keep you entertained whenever you stepped away from the main plot
- Catgirls

Maybe one day...
I have bad news. youre not allowed to watch this video until you beat heavensward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZJxYLoun7g

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

bone emulator posted:

Wasn't the Saturn port of Symphony kinda poo poo though?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

that reminds me i still have to do the current tier of raids in 14 lol

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

This is very late, but someone had asked "what is the most Easter game", and I forgot to mention this 2D platformer where you play as Liebe, a rabbit who leads a group of five white rabbits to find a new home after construction forced them to flee

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1454540/LAPIN/

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Jay Rust posted:

That’s a fun prompt: What would the most “made for you” video game look like?

Descent: FreeSpace 3

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Puzzle & Dragons but no Gacha and also it's a Stardew valley with Minecraft building.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A big budget action game that is either an original story in the Gundam franchise or close enough in tone

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Draga posted:

Wasn't the Saturn port of Symphony kinda poo poo though?

Yes, but that was because it was made by a b-team on a shoestring budget.
My hypothetical game would be a sequel taking full advantage of the Saturn's 2d capabilities

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

A big budget action game that is either an original story in the Gundam franchise or close enough in tone

In a similar vein - Harmony Gold just loving dying somehow and we get Macross VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quVH8fafPA0

Doing an Itano Circus in VR :allears:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

- Catgirls

Maybe one day...

This sounds like my dream game too!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

youre not allowed to watch this video until you beat heavensward

But I wanna :cry:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bone emulator posted:

Yes, but that was because it was made by a b-team on a shoestring budget.
My hypothetical game would be a sequel taking full advantage of the Saturn's 2d capabilities

yeah the optimization was not good. I wonder what someone could do with the port in 2023 with access to the source code, and modern day coding knowledge, to get the game running well on Saturn. Kinda like that Mario 64 remaster on N64 hardware that has the game running at 60fps because it cleaned up tons of code that was redundant but so much of it was being accessed at once for no reason at all, so it tanked the FPS.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway I know I've said this before but Inquisitor Guillaime is the legitmate goddam worst

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

exquisite tea posted:

I should get around to playing RE4 Remake but I kinda wanna see if Valkyrie Elysium will go on sale again first lol.

And just like that, VE is on sale again for 30bux. :nice:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

An immersive sim like Deus ex mankind divided, but it's an urban fantasy/twin peaks setting. With social links. A tower defense minigame. Maybe a bunch of collectibles.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jack, do you know what day tomorrow is?

https://twitter.com/othatsraspberry/status/1652436571369639936?t=KgFHxi6_P6ai4y0QUU66tw&s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/othatsraspberry/status/1643632758307147777

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

We talkin dream games?

Modernized Blast Corps with upgrade mechanics and an async multiplayer mode where you build your own city while destroying ones made by other players.

I'll never forgive <whoever owns the Red Faction Guerilla engine> for not open sourcing their engine.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

erotic lawnmowing simulator

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Watched the Mario movie today and during the whole final fight I was thinking “this is gaming 9/11”

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

Some cross between a Zachtronics game and Factorio

But movement MUST be grid based - I don't want to touch those floating point numbers - those are the devil's numbers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I want a game where I secretly fix floating point errors for players in space games with vast distances, through tedious puzzle gameplay. Kind of like the work in Severance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Full Immersive VR Battlefield

I'm in some kinda harness thing that reacts to me crouching jumping blah blah blah BUT when I get exploded it loving whips me into the air and onto the ground (the ground is soft comforting forest loam and smells good)