Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Meiteron posted:

I don't know if there's specific releases yet for update cadence but for the short term you could probably expect it to be similar to Genshin - 6 weeks and change between patches. The game's progression structures are so identical to Genshin that you can ballpark the next patch just by looking at banner timers or when the battle pass is intended to expire. If I had to draw my own conclusions I would assume they would alternate, as Genshin does, between patches that move the story forward or add new explorable spaces, and patches that add some QoL and temporary side events.

Much like Genshin, leaks abound for Star Rail and we already have leaked banners for I believe 1.1 through 1.3, so the game is pretty well planned out through the summer for certain.

The one thing I'll be interested in is if they move new story faster then Genshin. It's a year and change between new regions in that game so far, and it'd be a bit of a bummer if we had to wait that long between destinations here.

Considering that each main destination will likely revolve around a specific Aeon, and there are 16 Aeons, and they plan for the story to take six years, that would indicate a new destination every 4-5 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how the protagonist is almost always an rear end in a top hat when texting and makes fun of people constantly.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ok, Welt is pretty good. Make'em float all day

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Bullying March in every dialog choice.

Not interested in Selle so gonna wait for next banner

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bruceski posted:

First world ending rant:

"A lie perpetuated for 700 years?" Did I miss something? The Architects have been working to the goal of Preservation this whole time, it's only recently that Cocolia fell to the Stellaron's influence. Is this about keeping the Stellaron secret? "Don't let anybody poke that thing until we figure out how to destroy it" seems like a good plan, it just took a long time because of the lack of outside help.

Yes, it's about keeping the Stellaron secret; very few people were even allowed to know that it exists or that it was the reason the Eternal Freeze kept happening and the Fragmentum kept expanding.

They have, in fact, been 'poking that thing' to some extent, they've just been keeping it secret. Part of Svarog's memories features a part where there's an older researcher talking about researching the Stellaron to a younger one, and then it cuts to later where the older researcher has spent his entire life researching it and both hasn't been able to come to a breakthrough and has been ordered to keep all his research secret.

They've been fighting the Stellaron until Cocolia, yes, but they've been actively hampering the possibility of finding a solution since they found out about it.

...Which is why Bronya deciding to keep what truly happened a secret a weird-rear end decision.

GateOfD posted:

Bullying March in every dialog choice.

As you should! She deserves it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really like the texting.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

just give me Seele or not!!! i'm so impatient!!!

Meanwhile I've got my third Nat dupe!

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Instead of bullying March, consider making everything about Sampo.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

don't bully march :mad:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Grabbed a second Welt about 15 rolls into the standard banner, I guess it is good because it did waste many pity rolls, but it would have been nice to have more variety to play with.

Also, am I playing wrong? It feels like I need to have March and Natasha in my group at all times for the amount of damage that tougher fights put out.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

How can we not bully March? She came out of an iceberg with no memories and said "I'll name myself after the date I was rescued" and went with March 7th. Instead of going for the much more sensible option of like Tuesday or something. Hell even just March without the date on the end would've been less silly.

I mean I love her anyways she's a dweeb. The first time I saw some beta footage of the game I legit thought she had like some kind of weird placeholder name for a split second for beta footage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

How can we not bully March? She came out of an iceberg with no memories and said "I'll name myself after the date I was rescued" and went with March 7th. Instead of going for the much more sensible option of like Tuesday or something. Hell even just March without the date on the end would've been less silly.

I mean I love her anyways she's a dweeb. The first time I saw some beta footage of the game I legit thought she had like some kind of weird placeholder name for a split second for beta footage.
in cn and jp her name reads as an actual name (sanyue qi and mitsuki nanoka respectively) as a pun, they're written as names but they can also be read as march 7th. this pun half works in english, 'march' is an actual name but '7th' absolutely isn't.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, am I playing wrong? It feels like I need to have March and Natasha in my group at all times for the amount of damage that tougher fights put out.
the game gives you them both free for a reason, you get another free shielder later and some other characters have incidental healing in their kits.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

At least in japanese Mitsuki is a perfectly serviceable name

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

haypliss posted:

Instead of bullying March, consider making everything about Sampo.

When Sampo isn't on screen everyone should be asking "where's Sampo?"

Fortunately, they do.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Dryzen posted:

someone showed me how powerful stacking freeze with remembrance blessings is which let me get this down way easier than I expected :toot:

Care to explain? I'm freshly into level 50-land, building up my relics and light cones accordingly, but I can't clear World 3. Gepard gets to Phase 3, nothing can touch him and his meaty chums, Bailu can't keep up with the healing and they just pick me apart every time.

Using Sushang / Bailu / Pela / wildcard (generally FireMC or Serval)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Boris Galerkin posted:

a kid with a pirate name that I don't care about.

:mods:

What's next, admitting you hate Peppy?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Gotta say I way prefer space China over ice world

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

delfin posted:

Care to explain? I'm freshly into level 50-land, building up my relics and light cones accordingly, but I can't clear World 3. Gepard gets to Phase 3, nothing can touch him and his meaty chums, Bailu can't keep up with the healing and they just pick me apart every time.

Using Sushang / Bailu / Pela / wildcard (generally FireMC or Serval)

Choose Path of Remembrance, keep everything frozen 24-7 until they die. Doesn't work in World 4 because the boss is immune to freeze.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The correct philosophy is not to bully march, it's to pick the dialogue option that gives your traveler that fantastic smug face.

Nine times out of ten, this is from bullying march.

It's kinda annoying that add-on elements don't affect shields. I was all set to make use of this fox lady, but her electric addon not doing anything to shields makes it pretty hard to convince myself it's worth bringing her. Same goes for serval over herta, really. Doesn't help that these iceworld robots aren't just all weak to electric, you still have random things that are weak to wind or whatever the gold scale thing that isn't geo. I get wanting to make enemy design work with the team you're guaranteed to have, but it seems like a pretty massive penalty to not be able to break stuff, and that's a pain. Especially when the game seems rather keen on tossing you into battles without being able to see the encounter's weaknesses.

Kyrosiris posted:

:mods:

What's next, admitting you hate Peppy?

That dog's gonna eat someone's face some day.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

March is cool why would I bully her

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

Choose Path of Remembrance, keep everything frozen 24-7 until they die. Doesn't work in World 4 because the boss is immune to freeze.

I found going all in on Hunt was great because if someone gets one kill they can usually cascade it into *all* the kills with the whole combo of "if you kill, advance your turn 100%" and "if you kill, refill your energy 100%" blessings. :getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

god this quest with Asta and Arlan is so obnoxious I might boot Asta out of my party forever because of it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm enjoying the "regular" (non-story/companion) quests in this, or at least the space station ones. They seem more interesting than the Genshin equivalents and often involve weird sci-fi stuff.

These memory bubble things are also pretty weird/interesting. Reminds me of those text bits in Nier.

Edit: Which of the 4* (+ Trailblazer) Destruction people is best? I've been investing in Trailblazer, but there's also Hook and Arlan. Arlan has an element no one else I use has (other than Bailu, who rarely attacks).

I have two 4* Destruction Light Cones, so I'm not sure who to give the second.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 29, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was all excited because I got a 5* on the standard banner,

I cant complain because it seems like a pretty legit healer item.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The text cuts off, but does that make healing convert into some damage? That'd be really nice. My Bailu is just using a 4* that increases Energy Regen + Ultimate Healing (which seems good since I do most of her healing via her Ultimate).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

It doesn’t really work in World 3 either because Gepard isn’t immune but he’s very resistant to it, though with the blessing that lowers their freeze res I guess it could work.

Perma-freeze also absolutely gimps Clara’s damage so I can only sort of use it anyway. Eventually the freeze won’t stick and I’m being ground down slowly. But I’m also punching way up since I’m stuck at level 40 right now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The text cuts off, but does that make healing convert into some damage? That'd be really nice. My Bailu is just using a 4* that increases Energy Regen + Ultimate Healing (which seems good since I do most of her healing via her Ultimate).

Yeah I can’t figure out how to paste all the text in,

So yeah extra damage

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, it's like 36% of the healing or something?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Depending on what counts as "wearer healing allies" that seems like it would combo well with all of Bailu's incidental stuff.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The end of the first planet was cool. Bronya and Seele deciding it's absolutely imperative to make a martyr out of Cocolia bugged me, and I think it would have been more interesting if there had at least been some more tension about that beyond March being a little uncomfortable and everyone basically being like lol no to MC.

I feel a little 'am I really spending this much time on a phone game?' guilt, so I'll probably try to slow down a bit, but it's been fun riding the hype train, and the game's solid, so I'm definitely sticking with it. Dailies being super fast will help when I don't feel like devoting a ton of time to it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Clarste posted:

Once again, can you explain?

I've tried this a couple of times, with Pela on the team doing her best to keep Freeze up in between Path Resonances, but Frozen usually only lasts a turn or two. Gepard puts up a gigantic Shield For All buff in Phases 2 and 3, Pela can't remove it, and while it's up they just pelt everybody non-stop. Are there specific Remembrance Blessing or Path things that make that work much better?

One of the blessings I tried on my last attempt was one that split damage between all units; I tried that, hoping that MC's damage reduction would happen first and Bailu's heals could spread around evenly. Couldn't clear phase 2 with that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

I found going all in on Hunt was great because if someone gets one kill they can usually cascade it into *all* the kills with the whole combo of "if you kill, advance your turn 100%" and "if you kill, refill your energy 100%" blessings. :getin:

I mean, Seele does that on her own without blessings, but the problem is that it doesn't work well against bosses.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 29, 2023

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
There are a couple of Hunt blessings that do work in boss fights, but a lot of them just help against trash, which shouldn't be where you want help.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

delfin posted:

I've tried this a couple of times, with Pela on the team doing her best to keep Freeze up in between Path Resonances, but Frozen usually only lasts a turn or two. Gepard puts up a gigantic Shield For All buff in Phases 2 and 3, Pela can't remove it, and while it's up they just pelt everybody non-stop. Are there specific Remembrance Blessing or Path things that make that work much better?

One of the blessings I tried on my last attempt was one that split damage between all units; I tried that, hoping that MC's damage reduction would happen first and Bailu's heals could spread around evenly. Couldn't clear phase 2 with that.

Well, it really depends on what else you have, but I had the Path Resonance lasting 2 turns, another free freeze at 50% HP, and March's ult with a bunch of resistance down buffs making it more reliable. Which, plus a bunch of speed bonuses for never getting hit (from The Hunt) gave me enough turns to keep the cycle up indefinitely. The boss never even had a chance to put up a shield, because he never got an action.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

delfin posted:

I didn’t use remembrance for worlds 3 and 4 but the whole game plan for me was getting as many things that lower freeze res, including the one for the path ability, as well as the blessings that freeze enemies after x hits, at a low chance, and on break. From there getting blessings that inflict dissonance are just a bonus to keeping them locked up as much as possible. For the world 5 boss I would save the path ability for whenever the boss phased or got a turn and would use it between their turn and extra action so they wouldn’t unfreeze. I didn’t use any actual ice characters since I could pretty easily stay alive until I got freeze going with blessings before the boss.

For worlds 3 and 4 I was just using preservation path and also stacking hunt cards and just brute forced my way through the bosses. Gepard kicked my rear end before I was 50 but was a cakewalk once I was leveled up. There’s defense reduction based on the difference in level between you and an enemy, so a higher level enemy is hard to deal damage to and also will beat your rear end.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Good Citizen posted:

Gotta say I way prefer space China over ice world

This is incredibly niche but in the CN dub everyone there sounds like they're in a Chinese historical/fantasy costume drama and I'm loving living for it.

They even use the antiquated phrase for talking about length of time (that equals 2 hours per unit).

MarcusSA posted:

I was all excited because I got a 5* on the standard banner,

I cant complain because it seems like a pretty legit healer item.

I also picked this up from standard and was not thrilled though having played Genshin so long, I know eventually I'll be glad I have it. But characters!! At least it was early; like in the 40's. Natasha is rocking it but I wish I had a healer that wasn't physical since my starter 5* is Clara so I'm stuck with two physical characters if I want to survive harder content.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Clarste posted:

I mean, Seele does that on her own without blessings, but the problem is that it doesn't work well against bosses.

Some of us are saving our golden tickets for other stuff, okay? :negative:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy moly some of you people are so far ahead of me... I've just done the climatic Jarilo-VI fight and still have so many side quests to do...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Dryzen posted:

There’s defense reduction based on the difference in level between you and an enemy, so a higher level enemy is hard to deal damage to and also will beat your rear end.

...gently caress me running.

Welp, that's my next task.