Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

verbal enema posted:

My mom loves this place though I've never been

You need to bring a friend to circle the lot in your car while you go in for you though since it’s not possible to park at a Trader Joe’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No one parks at TJ's any more, the lot is too full.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

withak posted:

You should go they have good stuff.

Well I'm convinced

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I finally resupplied on carne asada burritos. Now that's the good poo poo. One of those and a side: the perfect lunch or late supper.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Trader Joe’s reserve wines they stock are really good and priced just right.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Thread feels like it's going slightly adrift, caught in the currents. Really like it's missing a boatswain.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nessus posted:

I finally resupplied on carne asada burritos. Now that's the good poo poo. One of those and a side: the perfect lunch or late supper.

Try the cheeseburger burrito

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

They have the lemon ice cream now, which is the best ice cream I've ever had.

Yeah I can't believe this kind of ice cream isn't more widely available, wtf???

Also my 3 year old loved the taro ice cream from fall (she was 2 at the time), I hate fall but it will be nice to see her enjoy that again :kimchi:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Smugworth posted:

Try the cheeseburger burrito
I have not been equipped by the good lord with the ability to reliably digest cheese

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Cheeseburger burrito is vastly improved by cooking in the oven versus nearly any other method. Like moreso than most things.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Grill that bad boy in a frying pan

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

sudonim posted:

Yeah I can't believe this kind of ice cream isn't more widely available, wtf???

It's hosed up. I found it like a week before it went away last year and was so mad. I'm out of the country right now but asked family to buy as much as possible and fill every freezer we have access to.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

yeah I was going to say, last year it was in my store for like 4 days, it fell in between my shopping trips and I got shut out even though I was looking for it. This year there's plenty. It's so good!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I got high and ate some TJ’s orange chicken and watched cartoons after my wife and kid went to bed last night. It ruled.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

In a fit of drunken rage but comical rage not real rage I threw all the orange chicken meat away made my own from scratch, then used the trader Joe's orange chicken sauce. It was so Delicious. The reg meat is good poo poo and I don't downplay it. Air fryer is superior to all other cooking methods for that. I've been tossing the meat post cook into the air fryer for 1 minute at 350 and it definitely gives it a gleam.

One of my other weekly meals is making enchiladas by slow cooking the chicken in the trader Joe's taco sauce with the skeleton on the front of it. A two hour cook in that stuff just makes the chicken so flavorful and perfect for enchiladas filling.

All in all trader Joe's precooked items are fairly good if you know what to look for. It's great for me because I'm on a strict calorie count. So I actually get good tasting food that I can measure out easily on the nights we are home to eat.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just tried these. They smell hella good, taste a little blander than they smell, and have the texture that is to be expected of a frozen ground-beef product. Eaten with a pile of rice mixed with two plops of TJ's chimichurri and the remainder of a jar of harissa.

B grade. Would lazy dinner again. Definitely needs a sauce of whatever's-in-the-fridge.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fartington Butts posted:

Just tried these. They smell hella good, taste a little blander than they smell, and have the texture that is to be expected of a frozen ground-beef product. Eaten with a pile of rice mixed with two plops of TJ's chimichurri and the remainder of a jar of harissa.

B grade. Would lazy dinner again. Definitely needs a sauce of whatever's-in-the-fridge.

Sous vide them

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Bum the Sad posted:

You need to bring a friend to circle the lot in your car while you go in for you though since it’s not possible to park at a Trader Joe’s.

The one nearest to me has parking both in the back and the front! You have to take a street to get from one parking to the other.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Fartington Butts posted:

We use these when we do Mediterranean/Levantine taco night - a bag of this, a bag of frozen falafel, some tzatziki or other yogurt sauce, sliced up cucubers, and warm pita bread. Good poo poo.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Fartington Butts posted:

These are… fine. But my toddler actually eats them so they’re in regular rotation.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah I found them pretty disappointing. Not everything's going to be a winner at Joe.

Update on ice cream, the family pulled through and there are at least 20 tubs of lemon ice cream distributed through various freezers. I'm going today to see if I can score more.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the whole "NY Style" kosher dills are quite good. up there with Claussen IMO.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

This stuff is ok. It’s not nearly as good as this stuff though,

ZINDREW CHILI Crunchy Garlic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VNQC99W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It’s legit.

Just tried the Zindrew X Batch this week and it's great. Respectable heat, good flavor (tastes a lot like General Tso's chicken with the chili and MSG). Not sure if I prefer it to TJs crunchier blend for frying my eggs yet, but I'll probably get another jar.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Just tried the Zindrew X Batch this week and it's great. Respectable heat, good flavor (tastes a lot like General Tso's chicken with the chili and MSG). Not sure if I prefer it to TJs crunchier blend for frying my eggs yet, but I'll probably get another jar.

That’s great to hear!

Went to TJs today for a Saturday snack / drink shop and my wife and I both remarked that we don’t recall having anything actually bad from TJs.

Sure some stuff isn’t amazing but never had anything flat out bad there.

I really kinda miss the walnut raisin loaf though. It’s been replaced with an olive loaf and I’m not the biggest olive fan.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not the biggest olive fan.

:goofy:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I found them pretty disappointing. Not everything's going to be a winner at Joe.

Update on ice cream, the family pulled through and there are at least 20 tubs of lemon ice cream distributed through various freezers. I'm going today to see if I can score more.

I may have to hit up TJ's to see if mine has this. I just went recently but nobody had informed me of the ice cream - my frozen dessert there forever has been the ice cream sandwiches.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress I keep forgetting about the drat ice cream! Gonna try and get some tomorrow.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What really grinds my gears is the fact that they market their Shepherd's pie as a beef shepherd's pie don't they know it's a cottage loving pie

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What really grinds my gears is the fact that they market their Shepherd's pie as a beef shepherd's pie don't they know it's a cottage loving pie

the real problem is that most americans don't

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't know if falling to know the distinction in names between various kinds of meat pie really qualifies as much of a problem.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the real problem is that most americans don't

Yep it's a big problem. People keep bringing it up but the president won't do anything

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hello I went to Trader Joe's and got some frozen Indian dinners some pork buns kibbeh and harissa sauce

This place kicks rear end and is surprisingly affordable

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Wendigee posted:

Yep it's a big problem. People keep bringing it up but the president won't do anything

in the context of Trader Joe’s marketing, that’s the problem, and why it’s not called cottage pie. It’s not like, a real problem

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I wish I had some TJs orange chicken right now

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
The fine frozen green beans (not the organic ones) are dank. You can microwave half a bag of them for 9m30 on a plate covered with a paper plate and you'll have perfectly cooked green beans for whatever you're into. If you want to take a journey, drizzle them with Franks Red Hot, honey mustard, and roasted sesame paste (from a Chinese grocery).

Drizzle all three sauces. Be conservative with it. It seems like it wouldn't all work together but it absolutely does and it's loving delicious. We eat this on the reg and regularly have 15 bags of the frozen green beans in the freezer.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Trader Joe's pizza dough sucks. It's convenient, but it comes out like a dense biscuit. Its like they don't use any yeast or something.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i got a bag of the orange chicken

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Belgian Cookie Assortment is great.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Tried two new(for me) products;

Kibbeh- disappointing, I know the average American tends to put their upper limit of spice at Black Pepper but you need some flavoring. These just tasted wet

Bao Buns- fine, tasted the same as the ones you can buy at any grocery store for half the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Tried two new(for me) products;

Kibbeh- disappointing, I know the average American tends to put their upper limit of spice at Black Pepper but you need some flavoring. These just tasted wet

Bao Buns- fine, tasted the same as the ones you can buy at any grocery store for half the price.

aw i like these :c but i can only get them at trader joes unless i go to cleveland and i dont drive :/