Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

knuthgrush posted:

I've only been playing with bots because I'm using a kinesis advantage keyboard and a kensington trackball mouse. Trying to play humans with that would be laughable.

Really appreciate all the info, y'all. Gonna be fun to jump back in.

And I thought I was bad for trying to play on a Surface Pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

butros posted:

And I thought I was bad for trying to play on a Surface Pro.

I've got a SP7+... don't threaten me with a good time.

Related: I just looked up skin port and there were some items upwards of $4000. The children have ruined video games. :bahgawd:

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

I mean, yeah, there are a handful of public servers in some timezones, but good luck on finding one that is populated. I didn't think "matchmaking has eaten the lunch of public lobbies" is a controversial statement. a 1.6 or CSS player had a totally different experience to what is in CSGO.

e. I'm not including retakes or DM if thats what you mean?

Matchmaking is on public servers. You're thinking of privately hosted servers open to the public.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Oh there are definitely worse ways to play, even using regular gear

never gets old

Push El Burrito posted:

There's a pro that does this poo poo and also has inverted aim.

Edit: oh this is his.

no that belongs to our very own FetalDave. The pro stole it from him.

I don't think Dave plays inverted though.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Ephedra played left handed inverted like some sort of demon

Miss you pheds

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

knuthgrush posted:

Related: I just looked up skin port and there were some items upwards of $4000. The children have ruined video games. :bahgawd:

As if it's children who can afford $4000 for a knife and not old people who played CSGO as a youth and now have jobs.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
You guys are talking about Fashr on fnatic with the insane keybinds. Absolutely ridiculous. He plays that way because his dad played flight sims and changed other games' control schemes to match. I can't believe we have a goon that plays a similar setup.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

mcvey posted:

Miss you pheds

Ephedra is a primo username and fits the 1.6 era well. Also a former favorite activity of mine.

I mouse left handed for normal computering but swap to right handed for fps games because that's how I learned to play them. Its a weird little shuffle every time I go to play a game. Clicking through to start it up or clicking in-game menus feels very foreign and awkward but once I'm playing the game it's natural.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TrueChaos posted:

Matchmaking is on public servers. You're thinking of privately hosted servers open to the public.

:sigh:

knuthgrush posted:

dont talk too loudly I just bought a new computer with my sticker investments

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Push El Burrito posted:

There's a pro that does this poo poo and also has inverted aim.

I used inverted aim as a kid since I played flight sims too. The only reason why I stopped was because when I was at my friend's place and shared his computer when playing FPS games it was annoying to switch back and forth. I actually think it is superior to regular but I couldn't be bothered switching back now.

Famethrowa posted:

dont talk too loudly I just bought a new computer with my sticker investments
It's eye watering how much skins are selling for now. The most expensive gloves in the game have now sold for $40K USD, twice in last 30 days.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
i hear they are adding boots...

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Fat Lou posted:

Correct, FetalDave is the ex-pro in sub.io

*Lists 2003 credentials*

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Last King posted:

i hear they are adding boots...
The community is giving Valve more ideas to extract money from them.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Some AK skin “sold” for 400k: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2023/04/ultra-rare-csgo-gun-reportedly-sells-for-over-400000/

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Well I bought prime and tried to play online but it was super jittery. Part of it might be my Linux jank and garbage WiFi. I have a relatively stout computer but naturally my tinkering gets in the way. I'm getting over 120fps so it's either my WiFi or the mess of settings I tweaked with autoexec.cfg. I'll probably install it on my surface and see if its any better.

On the upside, nobody called my mother a whore yet. I was surprised by the 10v10 team sizes. Once I sort out the jitter, I'll see if the sub.io folks will cuss at me.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

knuthgrush posted:

Well I bought prime and tried to play online but it was super jittery. Part of it might be my Linux jank and garbage WiFi. I have a relatively stout computer but naturally my tinkering gets in the way. I'm getting over 120fps so it's either my WiFi or the mess of settings I tweaked with autoexec.cfg. I'll probably install it on my surface and see if its any better.

On the upside, nobody called my mother a whore yet. I was surprised by the 10v10 team sizes. Once I sort out the jitter, I'll see if the sub.io folks will cuss at me.

Idk about how it runs on Linux but these days I don’t think you really need to gently caress around much with the interp or other performance settings to minimize variance. It’s basically fine if you just download, customize your preference stuff and go.

Rotten Punk
Nov 11, 2009

knuthgrush posted:

I play on Linux with the steam deck, I think CSGO has a native Linux client so I don't know if this applies, but if steam is still caching shaders and whatnot it can be a bit jittery until it's done.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if there's an active CSGO or steam trading thread on the forums? I've got a couple items I'm trying to sell for cash and I'd rather do it with a forum member than some rando.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Tetramin posted:

Idk about how it runs on Linux but these days I don’t think you really need to gently caress around much with the interp or other performance settings to minimize variance. It’s basically fine if you just download, customize your preference stuff and go.

Maybe I'll undo some of my changes. I'm just used to the garbage netcode we had back in the CSS days so I went hard.

One funny thing that happens is enabling raw mouse input via autoexec.cfg causes me to spin around wildly in the game until I pop open the console and enable it a second time.

Basically all I've done is set all possible graphics settings to low, removed some annoyances, and bumped a couple performance bits. I might actually just blow away all my config and see how it runs as is. Too much of the older games are baked into my brain I think.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if its your wifi get a powerline adapter. i got one for fighting games and its a game changer, saves running cables all over the drat house

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Rotten Punk posted:

Unrelated, but does anyone know if there's an active CSGO or steam trading thread on the forums? I've got a couple items I'm trying to sell for cash and I'd rather do it with a forum member than some rando.
Sell your items on Skinport.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Hello,

I have almost over 500 hours in this game and I just picked this game back up recently. I am in Silver 1.

Would like to play with chill people in comp. I am aiming to get better at the game obviously but would like some like-minded goons to play with.

Steam username should be the same on here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Katamari_Democracy/

I think one of my biggest issues is that I am inpatient and I am terrible at pistol / aiming in general.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this isnt meant as an insult, if youre silver 1 youre bad at everything, even the things you think youre good at

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

knuthgrush posted:

I've only been playing with bots because I'm using a kinesis advantage keyboard and a kensington trackball mouse. Trying to play humans with that would be laughable.

Really appreciate all the info, y'all. Gonna be fun to jump back in.

I play with a kinesis works great. I used .oeu for wasd and then crouch with shift and walk with ;

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In a way, if you're global elite you are still almost certainly bad at everything including the things you think you're good at.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

trying to jack off posted:

this isnt meant as an insult, if youre silver 1 youre bad at everything, even the things you think youre good at

Well yeah, I just need to practice.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Well yeah, I just need to practice.

have you followed the DPI settings guide linked in the OP? the first big change that helped my aiming was to zero in on some sensitivity settings that felt natural.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Famethrowa posted:

have you followed the DPI settings guide linked in the OP? the first big change that helped my aiming was to zero in on some sensitivity settings that felt natural.

Im still reading over it. I have two other friends who im queing up with and im learning the locations a little more and taking the game a bit more seriously.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1797268069?t=00h35m20s that round is absurd. Was watching some old clips.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Two draws and two losses. Which is ok I suppose!

I always loved sniping with AWP and the three man group I am with always adjusts accordingly.

Still looking for two others for my very newbie playgroup.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I was looking at my old CSGO clips and found a very kill-heavy (on my scale) 2 rounds from 2 years ago.
Got us the win to go into OT2 where we ended up winning the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yVhmxQmEE

It helps half the Ts were drunk and off their game too.

Audax fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 3, 2023

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/FNATIC/status/1658164834364448768
Poor Niko. At least ZywOo might still get his major.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Budzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/FNATIC/status/1658164834364448768
Poor Niko. At least ZywOo might still get his major.

Liquid are taking it. There’s always CS2 for Zywoo.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
It’s gonna be some weird rear end grand final I bet

Gamerlegion vs. Fnatic or something like that

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

drowningidiot posted:

It’s gonna be some weird rear end grand final I bet

Monte vs Apeks grand final, you heard it here first

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Wild that G2 nor Navi made it to playoffs but I think now that we're in Bo3's the upsets will taper off.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

Miss you pheds

#EphedraComeHome

#CentComeHome

Bring em back

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pandaal posted:

but I think now that we're in Bo3's the upsets will taper off.

someone didnt watch Krakow or Rio

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

anyways my boys in FaZe have made me proud and also age 20 years and now there's a very likely chance they face Vitality right in the quarters :downs:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

drowningidiot posted:

Fnatic lost to ITB. Nip and Apeks are playing for 8th spot. Nip is leading right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
hello here is my professional reel

Only registered members can see post attachments!