Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Thread would have never gone off the rails if there had been trash cans on the second world. Miyoho, please, our society is falling apart.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gearman posted:

Thread would have stayed on topic if there had been trash cans on the second world. Miyoho, please, our society is falling apart.

there needs to be a mahjong minigame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

qingque is never leaving my party so this is already a mahjong game, in my eyes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

there needs to be a mahjong minigame

Warrior of Light vs Trailblazer in a mahjong game would be epic

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The free 10-pull from Mihoyo was especially kind to me. Sure I lost the 50/50 to Seele but I'm especially fussed given I have Yanqing and are nowhere near the point of the game where I need 2 teams yet.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

so many people are getting bailu. very good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Bronya off standard, now I can do some sicko enabling strats for Seele since I also have Tingyun

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Any beta players or whatever aware of what the next big pulls are? Silver Wolf seems to be a top contender since she can add weaknesses, and Jing Yuan for another big dps.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Beat the third world of the roguelike before Trailblazer 30, after picking up Clara as my first five-star on the Seele banner. The three-star Destruction blessing that spreads damage taken along the entire party is so good, and I appreciate that Preservation lets you just focus on tanking, healing and countering while you use the active ability to deal with burst requirements. The two-star Hunt blessing that gives you an extra turn every six turns is very useful for that too, since it helps you keep SP up. Fire Trailblazer too.

Also, chiming in as a member of non-lucksack gang. 50 pulls to get Bailu off the newbie banner, ~84 for Clara, 20 pulls into the second cycle of Seele's, I've had like two pulls with non-guaranteed four-stars. Natasha is already at Eidolon 4 and Hook at Eidolon 2. Give me one of the four stars I actually want, dammit.

Leraika posted:

I ended up dropping fire mc even though their utility is really good because I liked Clara's counters too much.

The value of Clara is that she lets you just leave MC on Fire all the time and switch the two of them depending on whether you need Physical or Fire. (Them not having any "equip set" functionality for the MC is real bad.) If you want to put a little more effort in, most bosses seem to have fairly set patterns, which usually seem to be 1-2-3. So if you figure out where AOE goes in that pattern, then you can have Clara use her ultimate during the single-target phases so Valimar Svarog is still getting counters. It charges fast enough that you can do this very reliably.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is Clara really comparable to the MC? She's more of a counter-tank while the MC just does damage with no utility. I feel like Sushang works better as a Physical MC equivalent, tbh, even though they're different classes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I read the lore connection posts in the early days of the Genshin thread but stopped because some of the connections obviously only existed in the head of the person writing the post and I had no way of telling if the other connections were too without actually playing Honkai (which would be way too much work just to evaluate the correctness of a forums post)

I remember some of that, but mostly I remember that someone had just learned what a chuuni was and every time the thread mentioned Fishl they were compelled to swoop in and explain it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i already want to throttle yanqing

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Relic equipping is a pain. Tried to use rec.gear option but if the spaces are filled already, you have to take them out, kind of makes that pointless.

Mild progress on Ice Planet

Got to the reveal that *gasp* Bronya was originally from the underground.
Got to the point where I went to the old city to get supplies and stopped there for the day.

With the giant robot and Clara talking with her friends. Gives me Nier: Automata vibes. How many robot lives have I taken! I'm a murderer!

The Warp Trotters
Got the window near the end of the old town with the little girl. Got to the warp trotter with the bell.
oh no....the warp trotters are people!

Kale
May 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Y'all are just mean for no good reason. I get that this is SA and that has A Brand and all but the last three pages was just people being toxic assholes. If you're gonna commit to the brand you should at least be funny.

Yeah personally I don't find posting a giant un-spoilered wiki entry about a character with no added analysis or anything productive in it all that funny even if the assumption is people will never play that particular game anyway. It's kind of a dick move and more of a gently caress you to the entire thread and people posting in it than a gently caress you to me for not liking a post, which I may have a rebuttal for, but can take it all the same. Ridiculous loving poo poo in all honesty.

As for the Endorph thing, while not the particular person in question beefing the hardest, they have a rather tiresome habit of appearing to tell people what they are allowed and not allowed to post about in anime/game threads and then backing off to just saying "akshually your post was just crap and that's what it's all about" and then acting like they are somehow the victim of some particular injustice when people get kind of annoyed by it after a while, and it just hasn't gone unnoticed. Somehow they always seem to be present in this sort of stuff, but yeah maybe it wasn't entirely fair to voice my particular frustration in this instance with them by name followed by "and some others". It's not like they're posting giant un-spoilered wiki entries just to be a dick about stuff for no reason. I apologize for singling them out in this particular instance, but at the same time my goodness, I hope at least some self-reflection happens out of all this. I'll be doing some of my own.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Oh god what the hell, I started a Sim Universe run on W3 and it's asking me for stamina to get loot. The nice thing is you can convert 40 stamina into a stamina thing and use that to claim sim universe rewards. Doesn't seem like you can "use" them though to regain 40 stamina.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

Yeah personally I don't find posting a giant un-spoilered wiki entry about a character with no added analysis or anything productive in it all that funny even if the assumption is people will never play that particular game anyway. It's kind of a dick move and more of a gently caress you to the entire thread and people posting in it than a gently caress you to me for not liking a post, which I may have a rebuttal for, but can take it all the same. Ridiculous loving poo poo in all honesty.

As for the Endorph thing, while not the particular person in question beefing the hardest, they have a rather tiresome habit of appearing to tell people what they are allowed and not allowed to post about in anime/game threads and then backing off to just saying "akshually your post was just crap and that's what it's all about" and then acting like they are somehow the victim of some particular injustice when people get kind of annoyed by it after a while, and it just hasn't gone unnoticed. Somehow they always seem to be present in this sort of stuff, but yeah maybe it wasn't entirely fair to voice my particular frustration in this instance with them by name followed by "and some others". It's not like they're posting giant un-spoilered wiki entries just to be a dick about stuff for no reason. I apologize for singling them out in this particular instance, but at the same time my goodness, I hope at least some self-reflection happens out of all this. I'll be doing some of my own.
what

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

homeless snail posted:

qingque is never leaving my party so this is already a mahjong game, in my eyes

Yeah same.

To be honest, there's Yakuza games if you want mahjong or shogi minigames.

What we need is a xiangqi minigame, idk if that's in any popular games!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

silvergoose posted:

What we need is a xiangqi minigame, idk if that's in any popular games!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2248180/Just_Xiangqi/

goty 2023

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/678620/Battle_Chess_II_Chinese_Chess/
goty 1993

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

That is the opposite of a minigame, wtf!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a largegame

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I find myself actually remembering who these NPCs on the space station are. Something about these quests makes them more memorable. I wonder if that one old guy (who knew the guy who created the soda) periodically has new gossip, or if it updated in response to finishing quests.

Also finished World 2 in the simulated universe. Its boss was a massive difficulty spike over all the other enemies in it. Relied pretty heavily on Bailu's healing (and Asta still died twice because she only has like 700-something max HP). The exploding guys were also a pain because I didn't have any good ways to hit their weaknesses (only Bailu, who isn't exactly good at breaking shields). Had some useful buffs that helped with energy regen, though (which makes a big difference for healing).

GateOfD posted:

Relic equipping is a pain. Tried to use rec.gear option but if the spaces are filled already, you have to take them out, kind of makes that pointless.

I find the relic (and artifact in Genshin) interface to be really awkward with a controller. It's less awkward on mobile (for the most part, but removing stuff you've select is a pain because the minus symbol is so tiny and hard to hit with your finger).

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

What I'm really looking for is endless questions from people who don't understand the rules, "why can't I move my king over here" "wtf how did they jump all the way across the board", similar to "why can't I go out" in riichi.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So I just got Sampo from normal Warp and I'm wondering how he's gonna work with Bronya, if at all.

How do ATK/DMG buffs interact with DoTs? Do they increase the DoT effect if the buff is up when the debuff is inflicted, "locking" the value even if the buffs wear off later, or do they retroactively increase the DoT that's already inflicted while the buff is up? Or does DoT only care about base ATK and buffs don't work with it at all?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I believe:

Dots are affected by buffs, the damage stays based on the buffs active when it was applied, when the dot is refreshed by being reapplied it overwrites the old calc

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

calm the heck down about old game lore kale, imo

Anyway I'm like 60 rolls in and still haven't gotten a 5* from Seele's banner. I'll probably have to wait till TB 25's free rolls to finally trigger it. Fingers crossed.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 30, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Is Clara really comparable to the MC? She's more of a counter-tank while the MC just does damage with no utility. I feel like Sushang works better as a Physical MC equivalent, tbh, even though they're different classes.

Fire MC is a counter-tank as well, with a strong taunt that takes heat off of Clara.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

calm the heck down about old game lore kale, imo

Anyway I'm like 60 rolls in and still haven't gotten a 5* from Seele's banner. I'll probably have to wait till TB 25's free rolls to finally trigger it. Fingers crossed.

Those are standard tickets, aren't they?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Those are standard tickets, aren't they?

well darn. at least it gives you a bunch of raw jewel too

Kale
May 14, 2010

Back on topic, yeah you can tell Kafka is kind of going to the it character for a lot of people online since she ticks a tremendous amount of boxes for current trends in otaku tastes in female characters. She will probably need to be the absolute most meta character in the game so far though in order to avoid the first major fan meltdown paranoid conspiracy reaction far too early into the games run if the rumors are true that her first banner is in 1.2.

I'll mark it down on my bingo card right here right now though, the first instance of major drama in the fan community for this game post honeymoon phase is somehow going to revolve around Kafka no matter what they do with her kit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I had my first warp trotter manage to run, how long do they respawn? A day?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

I'd only really have Welt to cover anyway of the currently present characters. He's a pretty cool interesting character too.

You forgot Silver Wolf / Haxxor Bunny, Shushang, there's apparently an Otto twin coming up, and I'm pretty sure Kafka looks like Eden with her hair tied. (And if so, I would like Eden much more with this English voice acting.) Also Welt in particular feels, even in main game HI3, like he has kind of a lot of "that's probably interesting but I'm not going to track down and read a whole comic for it" going on. (Or maybe it's just that I like his design and his stigma art (and now his fight in Alien Space) but he never does anything in the HI3 game. Here's hoping we get to see him do stuff here.)

But if you don't think it's worth it that's fine. Hoyo is pretty good about keeping that sort of thing's relevance and exploration at a place where you don't really need the extra info. It's not important, it will probably never be important, and if it is they will tell you the important part. But it is fun.

Also Bronya and Seele are pretty explicitly gay. I'm not sure how canon it is but Veliona has a Seele body pillow in her mind palace sometimes. Bronya can tell the difference between Seele and Veliona and has been able to since the orphanage, long before being told about her. After Veliona having some initial jealousy issues they seem to get along now. Veliona's actual in-universe name is "Seele" or "Other Seele," chosen because when asked to name her Seele was like "well you're me, right? You deserve the name just as much as me." I'm not sure where the name "Veliona" comes from, but it's on Stygian Nymph so . . .

And wait I'm pretty sure Bronya has normal flesh legs, they just don't really work until after she becomes a Herrscher?

Also the crazy rear end Genshin lore speculation with references to Gnosticism and all sorts of mythological and historical references and stuff is the best. :allears:

Captain France fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 30, 2023

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bruceski posted:

you can go to another zone and then back to reset its position

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

can we please not drag bitching about genshin players into this thread too for the love of god i promise you not many people here give two shits about what the playerbase is or isn't doing in regards to being insane

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Clarste posted:

Oh, it's mostly that I don't have Sushang and you're decently unlikely to get her and Clara together. The relative scarcity of characters at the moment means that your Physical options are the MC, Clara, Sushang, and one of the healers, so having a second Physical option at all lets you keep the MC in Fire instead of switching as you need it.

The other half of it is that the MC is fairly unexceptional outside of having fairly good AOE while also doing good single-target damage, which also describes Clara. It's just that Clara is a bit more dependent on you learning patterns so that you know when to HELP ME MR. SVAROG.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bruceski posted:

I think you just need to reset the area? Not sure.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
yeah just reload the area

you do have to get through a loading screen though, so hopping to another anchor in the zone doesn't cut it

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Read usernames, read usernames. Cowards, I will never read usernames. I guess the bocchi people are transmigrating into each other? Wow! Or maybe passing their roles onto aspiring newcomers, who knows.

Anyway, decided to stick with the game so now I'm looking ahead a bit instead of mindlessly dumping everything into the initial banner. Playing with Welt a decent amount, liking his deal of doing very unkind things to enemies. If I got the order of the next few releases right it's gonna be:

1.0 part 1 - single target dps
1.0 part 2 - AoE dps
1.1 part 1 - healer
1.1 part 2 - debuffer (<-the good one)
1.2 - debuffer but all of her skills look like AoE dps???

So I guess it's gonna be 4 star dps for me, for a while. Dan and Serval carry, go?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Okay Bailu is pretty great, all that incidental healing is lovely for harder fights with Formidable Foes and stuff. She really is this game's Qiqi (Affectionate).

Now my current team that's performing quite well is Yanqing/Sushang/Bailu/Asta. Yanqing & Sushang shred enemies, Bailu keeps everyone healthy, and Asta keeps up her speed buffs and occasionally contributes to breaks for the fire weak enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Got yet another Pela on the free 10x so now she’s up to E5 and gets +2 to all her skills. Still rules.

Still haven’t pulled a single Tingyun