Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bad race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

net work error posted:

Florida man in Florida, he's going off next week

if tickets weren't so stupidly expensive id go support my boy :911:

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
First live F1 race. I can see why red bull would make this very boring by what do people hate Max for specifically?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

androo posted:

First live F1 race. I can see why red bull would make this very boring by what do people hate Max for specifically?

real answer: bad loser, even worse winner. generally petulant attitude and will blame everyone else the second things start going wrong. will win by 20s but still have something to complain about. has an army of fans who white knight him endlessly and are known to generally act like hooligans at the GPs they attend. his father is an abusive rear end in a top hat and not to mention a former backmarker binman from the 90s. dutch

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

cant believe i woke up at 5 am for that

lol mountain time. get a better time zone

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Was gonna watch this one on the trainer today but my knee's acting up. Sounds like an excuse to skip both.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Red bull cheater car boring race

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

androo posted:

It's customary to loathe any driver who is dominant because they tend to become insufferable wankers about it. People hated Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton and they hate Verstappen for the same reasons.

Verstappen was insanely poo poo hot in F3000 and he was regularly breathtaking in his early F1 seasons (same as Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton). However, as a driver you get older, get to drive for better teams and instead of putting it on the line all time, you become an entitled shitlord that is affronted by the fact that your car which is faster than the rest of the field doesn't entitle you to a win. So when a bunch of Internet Superstars dislike them, we dredge up the fact that he has a suspiciously racist fan base, his team has weirdly Hitlerly connections and that his father is an irredeemable piece of poo poo that needs shoeing within an inch of his life.

This is why there is nothing more quintessentially romantic than supporting the good lads who mean well at Ferrari - your ideal lover that would make an honest lover out of you will never ascend to those heights of dominance so long as Ferrari are checking. Stay beautiful, Charles.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

androo posted:

He's probably as talented as he is thanks to his mum, and as much of an arsehole as he is because of his dad. Like all f1 drivers he's a delicate, entitled prick who gets paid millions to drive cars fast with zero self awareness. he's just the extreme example of it right now. But he knows he can get away with being a special boy so he runs around shoving people, in and out of the car, calling them dickheads, threatening them. Then he gets beat and out come the excuses.

Also, worst of all, he looks like an adolescent frog.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

ArmZ posted:

lol mountain time. get a better time zone

PST, i actually woke up late lol

also i just realized f2 doesn't race at miami so logan will biff it for sure

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Charles Leclerc posted:

It's customary to loathe any driver who is dominant because they tend to become insufferable wankers about it. People hated Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton and they hate Verstappen for the same reasons.

Verstappen was insanely poo poo hot in F3000 and he was regularly breathtaking in his early F1 seasons (same as Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton). However, as a driver you get older, get to drive for better teams and instead of putting it on the line all time, you become an entitled shitlord that is affronted by the fact that your car which is faster than the rest of the field doesn't entitle you to a win. So when a bunch of Internet Superstars dislike them, we dredge up the fact that he has a suspiciously racist fan base, his team has weirdly Hitlerly connections and that his father is an irredeemable piece of poo poo that needs shoeing within an inch of his life.

This is why there is nothing more quintessentially romantic than supporting the good lads who mean well at Ferrari - your ideal lover that would make an honest lover out of you will never ascend to those heights of dominance so long as Ferrari are checking. Stay beautiful, Charles.

Everyone liked and continues to like Sir Lewis Hamilton who is the most #blessed driver F1 has ever seen.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
shats vercrappen imo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Just watched today's motogp. It's amazing to see multiple drivers racing each other and active competition.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

shats vercrappen imo

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Charles Leclerc posted:

It's customary to loathe any driver who is dominant because they tend to become insufferable wankers about it. People hated Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton

:confused:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

left unsaid is why people hate 8-time champion of the WORLD, Lewis Hamilton

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Just imagining Lewis Hamilton at the Heat - Knicks game in Miami 🥶🥶🥶🥶

e: Ok maybe the schedules don't line up quite right but chills either way

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I woke up early to watch anime and I thought the race was at 1am Eastern so I went back to bed then I saw the thread and tuned in and they were on Lap 6 and I watched it and I should have gone back to bed.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Don't forget that Max also refused to take a knee and did a literal "I'm not racist, but" lol

(in other words, he's dutch)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nawilo_420 posted:

Don't forget that Max also refused to take a knee and did a literal "I'm not racist, but" lol

(in other words, he's dutch)

I mean he's half belgian so let's not encourage him to "take a knee" too strongly

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

androo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oo9XZ_r3Hs

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

net work error posted:

Everyone liked and continues to like Sir Lewis Hamilton who is the most #blessed driver F1 has ever seen.

Hamilton was as much of a moany dork as Verstappen is now. His tyres were mysteriously always gone, his mechanics were mysteriously switched to Rosberg, his telemetry was mysteriously tweeted to the world. Despite all of these factors that would rob any other driver of victories and titles, Lewis Hamilton's first winless season was last year when his car was an absolute piece of poo poo and in between 2007 and 2023 he has 7 world titles to his name.

His one genuine complaint was he was blatantly robbed in 2021. None of what I posted detracted from his talent, ability or record, but like every dominant champion from around 1985 onwards, he grew into being a whiny, entitled pissbaby.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Ban imo.

Lewis is a deity.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Meanwhile in Indycar Grosjean is driving like a demon. Just pulled off an insane pass for the lead. The racing in Indycar is sooooo good.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

Ban imo.

Lewis is a deity.

:chloe:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

hamilton can be whiny and annoying but not moreso than a typical f1 driver

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

androo posted:

Hamilton at least has a personality and values you can love or hate or agree or disagree with. Max is a lovely racing robot whose favorite food is onion soup and favorite hype song is "-" according to his little pre season get to know your drivers bio he submitted. Just imagine rooting for a man whose idea of an exciting race weekend is eating onion soup in silence.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

just reminded myself of how poo poo that race was

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

toadee posted:

Hamilton at least has a personality and values you can love or hate or agree or disagree with. Max is a lovely racing robot whose favorite food is onion soup and favorite hype song is "-" according to his little pre season get to know your drivers bio he submitted. Just imagine rooting for a man whose idea of an exciting race weekend is eating onion soup in silence.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Maybe don't idolise ultra rich people you see on TV

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

tony quidtana posted:

Maybe don't idolise ultra rich people you see on TV

they're basically my friends though

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can't idolise someone who still hasn't come back with smokes :smith:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sab0921 posted:

Ban imo.

Lewis is a deity.

your brain is gone bono

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

e: wrong thread go watch basketball

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Declan MacManus posted:

they're basically my friends though

If you unironically think this then you should watch that fans versus favourites season of survivor where they inexplicably bring back the best players on the show to square off against dipshit couch potatoes that idolise them. The last fan on the show gets guilt tripped into giving up immunity by all the favourites even though it would be moronic to do so and they all laugh at him after they vote him out because of the dumbass move he made that enabled them to do so.

That's what rich people on TV think of you lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Declan MacManus posted:

hamilton can be whiny and annoying but not moreso than a typical f1 driver

wow, it's almost as if that's exactly what i posted and a bunch of internet cunts tripped over their keyboards to HMMM YES BUT WHY HAMILTON???

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Here's my top 3 survivor moments:

1. That time the vote didn't go the way the spicy Puerto Rican chick wanted so she just dumped all the fish at camp and everyone automatically blamed and started yelling at the white chick to the point where she started crying over it and the Puerto Rican chick just stays silent.

2. That time they inexplicably thought it was a good idea to divide tribes based on race only to realise how moronic of an idea that was 2 episodes later and just put everyone into different tribes and pretend it didn't happen.

3. Any time Boston Rob is on screen.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It was pretty gunny listening to Ted Kravitz screaming at Crofty to warn someone about people on the pit lane and Crofty being completely incapable of registering the danger and continuing to commentate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Hamilton is cool and good and the very fact that he made all those british gammons grind their teeth and root for a black man has value beyond anything that max will ever produce.

also that he makes racists around the world (like the verstappen family) angry af because he wears cool fits is the gift that keeps on giving.

saying that max and hamilton are basically the same is such an insane take that should basically result in a probation. mods make it happen please.