Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

some thoughts watching the stream

- gameplay is pretty much the same
- same sound effects when opening a treasure chest, finding a secret, etc
- fuse looks real fun to mess around with and solve puzzles in goofy rear end ways
- shrines seem basically the same?

well, that's all i got before it was shut down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
This was funny tho

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

aight see you guys in 11 days lol

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Theres another stream on trovo

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 1, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
For the next two weeks every dork with a buddy at GameStop is gonna try to get their five minutes of fame sticking the cape in front of the c&d bull

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Spanish Manlove posted:

For the next two weeks every dork with a buddy at GameStop is gonna try to get their five minutes of fame sticking the cape in front of the c&d bull

I'd be super loving wary since Nintendo sued that dude recently for some absurd amount of millions.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

External Organs posted:

I'd be super loving wary since Nintendo sued that dude recently for some absurd amount of millions.

That was a bit of a different situation since that dude was part of a group that was selling a service to hack Switches that was raking in millions (which he, as the Discord frontguy wasn't even seeing).

Realistically its not the streamers they're gonna come down hard on but their suppliers. Also the people who put it up on the download sites.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Zore posted:

That was a bit of a different situation since that dude was part of a group that was selling a service to hack Switches that was raking in millions (which he, as the Discord frontguy wasn't even seeing).

Realistically its not the streamers they're gonna come down hard on but their suppliers. Also the people who put it up on the download sites.

Yeah, fair enough. They are pretty different scenarios. Hope those supply guys have some good opsec for their own stupid sake.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

External Organs posted:

so long as they don't send pinkertons they won't be the most absurd reaction to a leaked product

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I hope my ToTK pro controller comes by the time the game is released. My old Pro controller is starting to really show some wear after using it for around 1200 hours on BoTW and 900 hours on ACNH among a smattering of other gameplay

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’ll watch the intro cutscene when it leaks but then I’m not spoiling myself any further

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Korok puzzles and seeds the same, exact ahha! confirmed :getin:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zore posted:

Iirc it was because they were hosting roms on their own site (to install on the modded consoles).

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I just want to know how well the new game holds up as far as framerate goes, though I'm guessing it'll be more stable than BOTW given this isnt stretched over 2 platforms now

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

that trovo stream lasted like 2 hours before finally getting the axe. some real neat things there. fusing will be a lot of fun

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
lol this trovo stream guy just got perma suspended and annouced it while the stream was still somehow going lmao. its over now tho.

game is gonna own. it looks like botw with extras, like how MM is OoT if you know what i mean. the thing on his waist is the battery pack, called energy cell, 8 slots so i guess this is the battery icon upgrade.

the swirly glowing things youve seen in the trailers and such are the new shrines, exactly act how they did in botw but green and with a zonai twist and the firsts ones showing you how to use the new abilities. the ending of them isnt a monk or anything its a statue of the goat looking guy next to one of that other female zelda looking like character from the last trailer. you get light orbs from them meant to quell the gloom in links arm but its pretty obvious this are your stamina/heart upgrade things exactly as before

the opening is clearly structured like botw, wake up on the great skyisland, which is massive, and get 4 shrines/abilities, go to location to go to the surface, cept the intro being playable in your botw ending state

you can fuse anything to anything. apple on a stick. chicken drumstick on arrow :eyepop: boulders on shield which you can attempt to surf with and fail

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

External Organs posted:

I actually find it kind of heartwarming that the insane scare tactics are apparently doing nothing to dissuade the clout-chasing and people are still leaking away. Godspeed you fools.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah, there's always gonna be leakers and people that want their 15 mins of fame

edit: theres one person in the world right now cracking denuvo and she's like, completely mentally unstable and loves the attention, the stuff she puts in her release notes is like, real insane

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

DLC Inc posted:

I just want to know how well the new game holds up as far as framerate goes, though I'm guessing it'll be more stable than BOTW given this isnt stretched over 2 platforms now

looked stable enough even on an emulator from the stream

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Happy Zelda to those who celebrate! I should be off the net for a couple weeks I guess! If this game has any MGS2-ian twists, I guess we're gonna hear about it. It'll still rule though, 11 days to go.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I just want dungeons

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

External Organs posted:

I just want dungeons

they're in, they gotta be. too much evidence

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

they're in, they gotta be. too much evidence

That told that previewer to stay out of the dungeon area they saw because they ran out of time to put the dungeons in, but were too embarrassed to let us know

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
big lore/timeline implications to think about for 2 weeks from the streams zelda name drops the Imprisoning War :eyepop:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

big piracy discord I'm on has the game and has released it via torrent. it's out there-out there

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
hosed up that there are people playing TotK on emulators RIGHT NOW but i must wait to do so
edit:

Just Andi Now posted:

Current running theory (afaik) is that BotW Zelda's sealing power is the complete Triforce which has been passed down through the royal family, which is why she's supposed to pray at all three springs.
when she does the big cool power explosion in the final memory (and in the final boss cutscene) all three triangles appear, so I'm pretty sure that's the intended reading, yes

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Everyone keeps guessing Zelda was yeeted into the past but has nobody considered that maybe Link was yeeted into the future; it would account for the grown-up Riju

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Argue posted:

Everyone keeps guessing Zelda was yeeted into the past but has nobody considered that maybe Link was yeeted into the future; it would account for the grown-up Riju

por que no los dos

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

game is out yup. ryu not yuzu

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
all the cutscenes got dumped apparently. stay safe out there.

edit: its not all of them, it seems to be like the fmv ones, seems like its flashback stuff or big stuff

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 1, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

i cant wait for youtube to spoil me all the big things unprompted because I looked up a Zelda video once.

Anyways, man I did a lot and haven't even gone with the main stuff! Got a better horse (the 5 stamina one though, can't distinguish the 4/4/5 and the 5/3/5 until the stable sadly), found more DLC stuff, did some quests on Kakariko and I think I solved everything at Lost Woods? Got the 4 shrines and their quests, don't want to think I have to explore more of such a teleporty area...

And now I guess I'll go get all the last towers to have the full map and then start going for shrines to get Master Sword (since I have 2 stamina wheels now) and the Divine Beasts/memories.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember when this was a normal but annoyingly busy day at work. Now it's surprise release day and all I can think about is getting home from work from home so I can excuse these princesses. People asking for 60s bubble letters for their logo but all Illustrator can make is triforces.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
huge story poo poo huuuuuge :eyepop: im not joking i could be wrong from the thumbnail but it absolutely looks like zonai goat man plus zelda lookalike/probably hylida plus other races behind them confronting Demise pre-ss (i cant honestly tell, looks more like demise than ganondorf imo due to the hair edit: i cant really tell, i think i just want to be demise more tbh) , probably the stuff that happen that caused hylia to put skyloft up (and botw/totk zelda is there)

edit: got the video to play, its ganondorf unless they are retconning demises look but he looks very demisey for the obvious reasons got i need to get off this crack.

theres no audio in them tho, just images so its all infering lmao

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 1, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

goodbye everything except something awful threads that aren't nintendo switch or video games adjacent

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...
I can't believe everyone is playing the game and no one has confirmed what Meat + Arrow does. What does meat arrow do. Please.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Copernic posted:

I can't believe everyone is playing the game and no one has confirmed what Meat + Arrow does. What does meat arrow do. Please.

That's not even really a spoiler, bunch of people showed those off in the supervised gameplay demos.

They (courtesy spoiler just in case) act as a distraction for monsters, who wander over to wherever the arrow landed and eat the meat, allowing for sneaking and backstab opportunities while their back is turned

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Copernic posted:

I saw this last week: it is used to lure/distract enemies.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Copernic posted:

It was in the journalist gameplay demos. It drops meat where you shoot, which can be used as bait for enemies.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
i think (what a character is doing/story/gameplay?) zelda is playable in the past going by these video files, they dont make sense otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
picture of a cutscene i think this is either in the past or when he gets out from underground this loving shot man https://i.imgur.com/RdKVjiY.png