Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

I just hope relics stay at level 9 being the maximum because I can throw them on and forget they exist a bit easier than genshin

15 is the max for 5*s. Still lower than Genshin and they are giving out relic exp pretty regularly as a reward from stuff so much better than Genshin...even if they will probably be worse in the long run with more stats to ruin your substat rolls with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Bussamove posted:

Using Light Cones rather than a more standard weapon system like Genshin was a good move, it let them get a lot more creative in what characters use. My main team has floating lasers, scythe, gun, and Big Robot as their weapons of choice.

I don't hate in in theory but I wish they were like color coded or framed or something. It probably gets better when you recognize more stuff but for the first few days I was playing I'd do a 10 pull and get "crying anime girl" and be like ??? who uses this?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Meowywitch posted:

I just hope relics stay at level 9 being the maximum because I can throw them on and forget they exist a bit easier than genshin

4* goes up to +12 I think. No idea about 5* as I don’t have any yet

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eimi posted:

15 is the max for 5*s. Still lower than Genshin and they are giving out relic exp pretty regularly as a reward from stuff so much better than Genshin...even if they will probably be worse in the long run with more stats to ruin your substat rolls with.

The Def and HP powercouple will always be there for you, waiting to kill your dopamine drip.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bussamove posted:

The Def and HP powercouple will always be there for you, waiting to kill your dopamine drip.

There's more characters that actually want that now and in a turn based system you can't truly 100% avoid getting hit so defensive stats aren't anywhere near as useless as they are in Genshin.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Now you have effect hit and effect res to troll you. Totally ready to only roll those on Seele relics. :shepicide:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In general there's I don't think there's any characters that are really "bad" for their intended use case atm, at worst there's a few 4*s that are good for farming/SU mobs but a bit weak for tougher fights and ones that want synergies that you probably don't also have or aren't in yet.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

oh hey, the thread for this is in games and not mobile games

so uh...I'm trailblazer level 13, I'm level capped with male stellaron/march/natasha/the other blue haired girl, and I'm beating the hell out of everything in the story.

Any trap banners I should be watching out for? I pulled once on the Seele banner and missed. Got Natasha, so that's nice. Needed a healer. Are there things I should be spending currency on? Is it worth leveling up the 3* light cones with my abundance of crap?

Is anyone else having trouble getting the daily check-in from the social site to work?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Before I blow any of my Herta bucks can anyone confirm if those $2 "Superimposer" doodads superimpose the Herta 5* LCs? So a total of 16 Herta tokens for a 5* V LC?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Meowywitch posted:

its +15 lol

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's no use, they were just as weird about dudes in the Genshin thread.

A thread I’ve never even opened let alone posted in?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's more characters that actually want that now and in a turn based system you can't truly 100% avoid getting hit so defensive stats aren't anywhere near as useless as they are in Genshin.

This is a turn-based game with a speed stat so there is in fact a way to 100% avoid getting hit and it's speed. Speed mainstat boots and speed on everything! Take 5 turns before the enemy gets a chance to go.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FairGame posted:

Any trap banners I should be watching out for? I pulled once on the Seele banner and missed. Got Natasha, so that's nice. Needed a healer. Are there things I should be spending currency on? Is it worth leveling up the 3* light cones with my abundance of crap?
There's no reason not to pull on the standard banner as you get standard banner tickets. Don't spend jade on it, though, just the standard banner tickets. There's no like, 'traps' or anything, except the lightcone banner (since 5* lightcones are things you can get for free, even if you cant get that specific seele lightcone for free, rolling on lightcone banners is basically just bait for high spenders.)

Some of the 3* lightcones are decent, and at this early stage it's so cheap to level things up that if you don't have a 4* option you should just slap whatever on your characters and level it up a bit for the sake of it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Honestly even if I were a huge whale I'd probably be slamming character pulls because if I were trying to giga min max, some of the eidolons for existing characters look way more impactful to your powerlevel than a slightly more optimal light cone effect.

Question about the pity system: on the limited banners, you hit the coinflip hard pity at 90, and then you're guaranteed the banner character the next time you hit 90. I've also been told it carries over between banners.

So, to make sure I'm clear on how this works: Say you pull on the Seele banner 90 times and get an off-banner. You then pull on the banner again 30 times, but don't get a 5*. If the banner then rotated to Jing Yuan, would you be 60 pulls from a guaranteed Jing Yuan?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

Honestly even if I were a huge whale I'd probably be slamming character pulls because if I were trying to giga min max, some of the eidolons for existing characters look way more impactful to your powerlevel than a slightly more optimal light cone effect.

Question about the pity system: on the limited banners, you hit the coinflip hard pity at 90, and then you're guaranteed the banner character the next time you hit 90. I've also been told it carries over between banners.

So, to make sure I'm clear on how this works: Say you pull on the Seele banner 90 times and get an off-banner. You then pull on the banner again 30 times, but don't get a 5*. If the banner then rotated to Jing Yuan, would you be 60 pulls from a guaranteed Jing Yuan?

Yes

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kanos posted:

Correct. Your pulls are never 'wasted'.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Don't know if it's still going on but there's also a preregistration event that can give you a weapon that's good for the character that they're giving out for free (Serval). Might still be enough time to get the reward.

Between that and all the free ones that they give out from shops and stuff you should have enough 4 stars that you don't need to use any 3 star for too long. And I guess if you really don't have anything, you can level a 3 star and then feed it to the 4 star later. I don't think there's any permanently missable 3s (probably).

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Kanos posted:

Yes. That’s how it works in Genshin, and how I understand it to work in Star Rail.

I’m 1 1/2 pities into the Seele banner so who knows maybe I’ll be able to confirm in a month or so :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

Yeah, that's correct. As such, you're guaranteed to get limited 5*s eventually.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

drat, went right into SimWorld 2, thought I was doing good (just around lv34)
but then got to the mid-boss and made a bad mistake and got wiped.

Probably should pick good blessings on my next run. just been picking ones I haven't seen before to fill out the book.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Flowing Thot posted:

A thread I’ve never even opened let alone posted in?

Oh, must've been a completely different goon that was weird about dude characters in games. My bad.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

One dude is okay cause you can pretend it’s a harem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

One dude is okay cause you can pretend it’s a harem
that is the last thing id want to imagine

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

acumen posted:

Before I blow any of my Herta bucks can anyone confirm if those $2 "Superimposer" doodads superimpose the Herta 5* LCs? So a total of 16 Herta tokens for a 5* V LC?

I decided to yolo this and yes, it's a cheap way to superimpose the Herta store 5+ LCs. Having a 5* II this early on seems pretty nice!

(Also the roguelike owns)

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
One neat thing I saw you can do with orange relics in this game is that when you salvage them you get 10 dust, and you can spend 100 dust to get an orange relic from a specific set AND slot that you can choose.

The item you get a battle pass level 40 also lets you choose the main stat when making it!!! Hopefully they add more sources of those, maybe from events whenever they start going?

I haven't played Genshin in a long while but I believe the artifact mulching system there is you just get random slots right?

Pretty cool I'd say, although you'll probably get awful substats as usual.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't played a gacha at all pretty much but this seems pretty fun. May grab the 5 buck a month pass for a bit cause I'm enjoying the game pretty well, is there anything I need to watch out for gacha wise? Guessing I should only use my Jade for the special pass and not normal.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

E Natasha 7 please i beg you cease

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr E posted:

I haven't played a gacha at all pretty much but this seems pretty fun. May grab the 5 buck a month pass for a bit cause I'm enjoying the game pretty well, is there anything I need to watch out for gacha wise? Guessing I should only use my Jade for the special pass and not normal.
Correct, otherwise there's no real 'tricks' to the gacha or anything. You roll for it when you want the character on rateup. No real point saving your standard tickets.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

One dude is ok because you can pretend peepaw is chaperoning these dingus kids. He sits on the bech while they run around and grunts when he has to stand up again.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MoonCrab posted:

One dude is ok because you can pretend peepaw is chaperoning these dingus kids. He sits on the bech while they run around and grunts when he has to stand up again.

This is basically the story role that Dan Heng has on the first world and Welt has on the second and it owns.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Wait is welt really like 70 he looks like he's late 30s

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
World 3 Big Bad (for now) Trip Report:

After the root-frying expedition, I came back to the Abundant Ebon Deer and got my rear end handed to me several times in a row. Even after pulling Seele from the banner last night and leveling her up to 46, she was good but not great against the enemies there.

I rejiggered some things and jacked her ATK as high as I could get it for now, which is 963. That made a fruitless battle seem a little bit more possible -- Seele taking out the Peach plants as they popped up, Pela freezing the healing vine and eventually killing it, FireMC chipping away and Bailu healing her tiny heart out. When the deer got to about 20%, March's voice popped up urging me to finish it off quickly, so I went for it...

...and the second peach spawned and the deer let loose its flaming death beam when it was at 1% health.

But somehow, Bailu survived, the only one of the four, on critical health, with no skill points available... and KICKED it to death.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

how is QQ? I'm desperate for some quantum damage tbh

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

so for the various in-game shops:

-I'm assuming I should spend all my various virtual currencies on the "star rail special pass" tickets?

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

God drat the end of ice world was cool. Devs definitely taking notes from ff14. So much better than the stupid dragon fight in genshin.

I wish so bad the roguelight would be copied over into genshin, along with all the massive qol improvements with this. Also the abyss from genshin = the collected memories in this, which even then is better here then in genshin. Not that it'll ever happen because they'd never dare change anything about the money machine that is genshin.

Handy thing a friend showed me is after locking and feeding matching cores to each other to have a 5 refinement version of all the 3* cores, you can mulch all the other 3* cores into generic core levelup material. It's a button on the core inventory page.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

how is QQ? I'm desperate for some quantum damage tbh
Shes fine. Not amazing and a bit gimmicky but her damage is good when she pops off.

FairGame posted:

so for the various in-game shops:

-I'm assuming I should spend all my various virtual currencies on the "star rail special pass" tickets?
Its worth saving for 5* lightcones unless you really, really want whoevers on the limited banner right now. Tho buy the special and standard tickets from the embers exchange, theyre the best thing in that specific shop

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
It is good that the female trailblazer a college stoner who just rolled out of bed.

Also, Pom Pom, I love you and all but if you EVER leave the train and start following me around and giving advice I'm going to cry

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

MoonCrab posted:

Wait is welt really like 70 he looks like he's late 30s

He has a lot of weird poo poo going on from Honkai Impact 3rd, but the short version is yes he's very old but no it's not a mistake that he doesn't look it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

Shes fine. Not amazing and a bit gimmicky but her damage is good when she pops off.

aye I played a few battles with her and her personality / voice is actually pretty cute too