Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I’m going to post spoilers here unless someone pays me a billion dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

The leaked cutscenes are pretty tepid except when Zelda eats, wow

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Zelda Eats sucks she takes a hundred years because her delivery driver is always in stasis in a coffin somewhere

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

a.lo posted:

I'll bribe a mod to perma them for half that price

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Yep, CIA documents is my signal to dip out. See you all with my fridge golem firing meat arrows on the other side!

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Antonymous posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heavy Metal posted:

Happy Zelda to those who celebrate! I should be off the net for a couple weeks I guess! If this game has any MGS2-ian twists, I guess we're gonna hear about it. It'll still rule though, 11 days to go.

biceps crimes posted:

goodbye everything except something awful threads that aren't nintendo switch or video games adjacent

Capfalcon posted:

Yep, CIA documents is my signal to dip out. See you all with my fridge golem firing meat arrows on the other side!

Augus posted:

aight see you guys in 11 days lol

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Yeah, this might be where I dip out as well. See y’all on the other side.

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

Thought not lmao. Time to disappear for the meantime then, see you all next Friday.

thanks for letting us know!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Could there be a separate thread for leaked spoilers? It'd be nice to actually be able to talk about the game a little bit but if it's all literally just leaks I'm gonna unbookmark

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Can't say I expected the Dating Sim elements they added. The scene where Link smooches Sidon is cute. The hardcore sex scene... less so

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Antonymous posted:

100% game completion for Zelda feets

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Asterite34 posted:

Can't say I expected the Dating Sim elements they added. The scene where Link smooches Sidon is cute. The hardcore sex scene... less so

It makes sense as a sequel that you’re out solving shrines again. You’re out fusing heads. Then you’re back at Zora’s Domain for some full penetration. Solve shrine. Back at the domain, full penetration. Shrine. Penetration. Shrine. Full penetration. Shrine. Penetration. And this goes on and on and back and forth for 90 or so Spirit Orbs until the game just sort of ends.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

a.lo posted:

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT :getin:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Antonymous posted:

The leaked cutscenes are pretty tepid except with Zelda's feets, wow

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

considering how botw launched, how's the framerate?

I'll answer my own question. It seems fine but the resolution scaling is extremely aggressive. It looks like a smear of colors sometimes, at least when docked.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
spoiler is what to expect in regards to shrines and if dungeons are back or not, this is from in-game folder files, this is just incase you really wanted to know one way or the other

151 Shrines(labeled dungeon in the files)
And 5 Large dungeons(basically the traditional dungeons, largedungeon in the files)
No idea on the structure yet, but theyre definitely bigger than the divine beasts edit: map files came out... they uhh look divine beasty to me but could just be how the map files look. cant tell. fire one looks the best tbh. nice and big, weve seen in the trailer, its the mine cart

dungeon names and how many floors

Electric Dungeon has 8 floors
Fire Dungeon has 5 Floors
Hyrule Castle has 4 Floors
Water Dungeon has 2 or 3 Floors
Wind Dungeon has 3 or 4 Floors

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 1, 2023

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

:getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MokBa posted:

I mean the one thing I specifically remember about your opinions, LL, is the extreme aversion to MM's ticking clock. It ended up being a whole big discussion in the first thread lol. There's nothing like that in the Oracle games. But OoA is one of the only Zelda games I haven't finished because I personally just could never get past the Goron dancing game. Just this bizarre awkward bottleneck that young me never passed. They're worth playing though. I think Minish Cap was an enormous improvement from Capcom though I don't know how common that opinion is.
Thank you!

Zore posted:

Hell in LttP it can't even hurt Ganon unless you charge it.
IIRC because of how a fairy's line is worded, it's possible in the American version, we didn't even kill Ganon with the master sword to begin with. We used some random gold sword.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Pretty surprised the game is already running on Ryujinx mostly fine, but I guess they did put in a massive amount of work to get BotW emulating properly and a lot of it probably translates over mostly 1:1 to TotK.

I am very interested to see what the reaction from Nintendo is. This is the company that will piledrive randos so far into the Earth they hit the mantle over extremely innocuous IP protection stuff like posting screenshots of 30 year old strategy guides or using a netplay mod for a 20 year old game; Nintendo's biggest game release of the year leaked in a 100% playable state two weeks before it was supposed to hit the street and it wouldn't surprise me if they co-opted a PMC group to go do clandestine raids on any IP addresses seeding the torrents.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I played Arceus and Dread on the pre-releases and Nintendo didn't do anything them as far as I can tell.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The twist is going to be that it's the largest of all dungeons and most dense where you pull a Majora's Mask and have to invert it a bunch of times to go through it.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
man i cant wait to emulate this after a 4k 60 fps mod is made or however the hell they do these things. i missed the botw 1 cemu train by actually foolishly purchasing the game and playing it on the wii u, but not this loving time miyamoto

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Oh no I have to leave now actually because I care about Zelda cutscenes for some reason

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Map size:

underground confirmed, called "the depths" spans the whole of hyrule, twists and turns and loops, its the 3rd map layer with hyrule and the sky islands. Has its own map towers, its that big. Map bigger than elden ring confirmed lmao also theres a 6th zonai dungeon it turns out

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 1, 2023

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Zore posted:

Hell in LttP it can't even hurt Ganon unless you charge it.

You mean it has to be tempered then great fairy-ed first? If so, I didn't know.

In Link to the Past the Master Sword is referred to as "evil-banishing" and it's "thwart the wizard's magic" rather than defeat Ganon. The silver arrows are really interesting because I had to just look it up to see if there is ever even so much as a hint to use them. There is but only if Ganon knocks you off the platform, which is super easy to avoid. If someone had no knowledge of Zelda and they played well enough not to fall, that last bit must have been really frustrating.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Mulaney Power Move posted:

You mean it has to be tempered then great fairy-ed first? If so, I didn't know.

In Link to the Past the Master Sword is referred to as "evil-banishing" and it's "thwart the wizard's magic" rather than defeat Ganon. The silver arrows are really interesting because I had to just look it up to see if there is ever even so much as a hint to use them. There is but only if Ganon knocks you off the platform, which is super easy to avoid. If someone had no knowledge of Zelda and they played well enough not to fall, that last bit must have been really frustrating.

The master sword itself doesn't do enough damage to ganon to stun him unless charged. The tempered sword, which is an upgrade of the master sword being reforged by dwarven smiths, is stronger. The golden sword, which you get by throwing the tempered sword into the fairy queen's fountain, is stronger still, but may not actually be the same sword transformed but just a different, golden-bladed sword she had.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Golux posted:

The master sword itself doesn't do enough damage to ganon to stun him unless charged. The tempered sword, which is an upgrade of the master sword being reforged by dwarven smiths, is stronger. The golden sword, which you get by throwing the tempered sword into the fairy queen's fountain, is stronger still, but may not actually be the same sword transformed but just a different, golden-bladed sword she had.

Yeah it gets bigger and more girthy and you note that it's throbbing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hell in Zelda 2 the master sword appears to be transformed into a tiny machete

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The Master Sword isn't in Zelda 2 (or Zelda 1). Link just found a knife and started using it and it was working so why mess with what works.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I mean the beam it shoots is way more powerful than in BotW. It's obviously a more powerful sword. Seriously WTF is this weak rear end disc thing. It's bad.

Link needs to find those old swords

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lorewise, what decides whether a magic blade shoots out of the sword, anyway?

In Zelda 1, even a wooden sword could do it.

In Zelda 2, Link again starts with the ability.

Have magical sword abilities weakened over time until we get to Breath of the Wild?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Lorewise, what decides whether a magic blade shoots out of the sword, anyway?

In Zelda 1, even a wooden sword could do it.

In Zelda 2, Link again starts with the ability.

Have magical sword abilities weakened over time until we get to Breath of the Wild?

Since Zelda 1 is actually toward the end of the timeline, it seems like sword-beam technology has actually advanced over time and propagated beyond the original Master Sword as the "trick" of it has spread further and further

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Anyone playing TOTK and got to the 3rd shrine please PM how. I'm losing my mind here this starting area is terrible

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

the opening is clearly structured like botw, wake up on the great skyisland, which is massive, and get 4 shrines/abilities, go to location to go to the surface, cept the intro being playable in your botw ending state

Wait does this mean your BotW save is imported? I wonder if it affects anything else

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Barreft posted:

Anyone playing TOTK and got to the 3rd shrine please PM how. I'm losing my mind here this starting area is terrible

If it's the one in the snow I glued two trees together and then climbed the wall using them

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lunar detritus posted:

If it's the one in the snow I glued two trees together and then climbed the wall using them

hey hold on yes that one. can I PM you?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Barreft posted:

hey hold on yes that one. can I PM you?

sure, but I'm not sure what else I can tell you

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I finished the "intro", my main thought so far is that The Great Plateau in BOTW was great the first time and annoying when re-starting the game. The Sky Island got annoying half way through and kept being annoying until I was able to leave. Also, the lack of a paraglider is killing me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

did kass survive the war

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
this is pure speculation but it would be really cool if true: assuming zelda DOES go into the past, maybe the "something only [she] can do" is building cool tech poo poo. what if she's the reason the zonai constructs exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

this is pure speculation but it would be really cool if true: assuming zelda DOES go into the past, maybe the "something only [she] can do" is building cool tech poo poo. what if she's the reason the capitalism exists?

lol just realized this edit doesn't work if no one clicks on the spoiler :downs: