Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ngl - that's a great suit - George is going to bring back classic Savile Row style.

Someone should tell him to unbutton the top and middle tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dogshit movies though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

looking like he's about to go get his rear end beat on cable street

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

You know Frank Williams had that photo up since before George was born and before he dropped a Ford Sierra on his head, right? :thunkgun:

idgi.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Charles Leclerc posted:

You know Frank Williams had that photo up since before George was born and before he dropped a Ford Sierra on his head, right? :thunkgun:

idgi.

what did they drop on his head before that then

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

jesus christ op he looks like the platonic ideal of a tory, what's not to get

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

nawilo_420 posted:

jesus christ op he looks like the platonic ideal of a tory, what's not to get

yeah well you look like an idiot

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sab0921 posted:

ngl - that's a great suit - George is going to bring back classic Savile Row style.

Someone should tell him to unbutton the top and middle tho

I thought the Savile Row guy dressed a lot more flamboyantly than that

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean I'm sure Jimmy Savile had some nice outfits but that doesn't mean I'd want to emulate the guy in any capacity.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

George Russell is a massive twat but just because you were in the same room as a photo of Thatcher isn't necessarily a smoking gun that he's a tory lmao

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

George Russ-Mogg

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I think I'd like George Russell more if geppetto hadn't given him such a smug face

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I tend to assume we ITT always post with at least a fair bit of sarcasm/exaggeration/irony etc. That said George does radiate the whole proper English thing.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I imagine George Russell doesn't know how to boil an egg because that's normally something the help does for him. I am often surprised he doesn't show up to the paddock in a shooting jacket with a snifter of brandy. He went to great lengths to make sure his dressing room is upstairs.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Some people don't know what Norfolk tories look like, and I envy you.
If you're from Norfolk, and are from a family that makes a particular point in speaking a very forced version of received pronunciation (read: that weird loving way he speaks) there's a 99% chance you're a tory.

See also, Norfolks electoral map:

Blue is tory, pink is libertarians.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

where is Norwich city centre on that map?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Follow the people in wheelchairs.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bruc posted:

Still kinda just rooting for Alonso and sorta Perez, Ferrari drivers are both likeable but I wish there was more of an up and coming team to root for out there, I'd totally be a Max fan if I had started paying attention to F1 like 2 or 3 years ago.

There's always Haas

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm disappointed Scuderia Chuck didn't catch on

The Scud Chuck sounds like some kind of venereal disease, so I'm really surprised it didn't catch on too OP

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Charlos is good.

Also Carlos II of Sainz is amazing and I'm stealing that one.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

tony quidtana posted:

what do I think of the pedestrianization of Norwich city centre? I'll be honest, I'm dead against it. I mean, people forget that traders need access to Dixons!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

All Brits are Tory wankstains, hth

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Zedd posted:

I tend to assume we ITT always post with at least a fair bit of sarcasm/exaggeration/irony etc. That said George does radiate the whole proper English thing.

All of my posts ITT are deadly serious OP: you guys deserve it.

Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS
The gently caress was all this sprint bullshit? gently caress sakes just make 1 race and go. F1 sucks poo poo.

Alonso for WDC tho.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FAUXTON posted:

what did they drop on his head before that then

Cortina presumably.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

instead of the sprint race they should do an all access F3 reality show where pre and post race debriefs and other team discussions must be done with cameras, then make that the feature race on saturday, and there are guaranteed spots in f2

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Only six points between Max and Checo. Maybe it won’t be a runaway for Max?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Checo WDC 2023

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Keep the Sprint race as is except all the drivers are in the W series cars.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Max is going to win this pretty handily but for now it's fun to keep hope.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Checo WDC 2023

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Diet Crack posted:

All Brits are Tory wankstains, hth

see this i understand

disliking someone for being in a picture with a picture of thatcher? eh
disliking them for being british? yeah!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Checo WDC 2023

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Pacinamac posted:

The gently caress was all this sprint bullshit? gently caress sakes just make 1 race and go. F1 sucks poo poo.

Alonso for WDC tho.

had to make up for a loving month off by jamming in two races in one weekend

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Pacinamac posted:

Alonso for WDC tho.

Do away with practice and qualifying, too. Make it first come, first served for the grid on Sunday. Queue up, everybody.

smackfu posted:

Only six points between Max and Checo. Maybe it won’t be a runaway for Max?
Checo is racing well, but it is going to take plenty of Max screwups and/or bad luck to keep it close.

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 2, 2023

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Declan MacManus posted:

see this i understand

disliking someone for being in a picture with a picture of thatcher? eh
disliking them for being british? yeah!

that's because george decides he's gonna be british every day whereas he presumably had no input on what gets nailed to frank williams' back wall

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the thread direction of trying to untory George is fruitless. t he boy is full tory. all hail the king or whatever. his name is literally George. wake up

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

marshalljim posted:

Do away with practice and qualifying, too. Make it first come, first served for the grid on Sunday. Queue up, everybody.

Checo is racing well, but it is going to take plenty of Max screwups and/or bad luck to keep it close.

it seems like checo's one (slight) advantage over max is how he puts the power down, but that's only a limiting factor at Monaco, Hungary, and Singapore of the remaining races, and if ferrari gets some good development Charles is at least as good if not better than Checo there.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

No need to worry about royalty ties with Florida man :cool:

Please do not investigate how close his family probably is to the GOP or Trump

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

net work error posted:

No need to worry about royalty ties with Florida man :cool:

Please do not investigate how close his family probably is to the GOP or Trump

fify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'll just say that the little zoomie fascists from the latin countries are more palatable than the ones from the bog countries or pedo island ones.