Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to lose the presidential race?
Biden
Marianne Williamson
Robert Kennedy Jr
GOKU (But he'll win, cause he's goku. i've seen the show)
View Results

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
there is one age limit on presidency, so how about we make a lower age limit. No one under 35 and no one over 55. Like the old speed limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Done. Any further suggestions?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously asking. Is any of the fraud squad still in congress besides AOCentrybank? Havnt heard peep 1 about the squad except for the occasional “AOC says Supreme Court should be investigated (then does less than nothing about it)” etc

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Seriously asking. Is any of the fraud squad still in congress besides AOCentrybank? Havnt heard peep 1 about the squad except for the occasional “AOC says Supreme Court should be investigated (then does less than nothing about it)” etc

They are all still in Congress, Ilhan Omar got her committees stripped for being a black Muslim first thing. You don't hear about them because the Republicans have a 5-seat majority that causes nothing but internal drama.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

They are all still in Congress, Ilhan Omar got her committees stripped for being a black Muslim first thing. You don't hear about them because the Republicans have a 5-seat majority that causes nothing but internal drama.

this country sucks

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Agent K at the car window: "Your... other... Democrats, please."

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyone say Dummycraps yet

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dumbocraps

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

They were trying to pin some campaign fund misuse on Cori Bush because she paid for some extra security for her husband but I don’t think anything stuck/anyone cared (because she gets legitimate death threats all the time).

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Always a hostage crisis in the voting both. Why not vote for trump? I mean he knows most of the menu items at McDonald's which is way better than most presidents. You ask Obama what he thinks of the McFlurry he wouldn't know sprinkle one about a McFlurry.

Lets all just be real about this. As long as Neoliberalism is the law of the land every one of us are screwed. Some of us are more screwed than others, but really, nothing will signifigantly change that will stop the world from burning and nothing will change about how our media is pretty much allowed to lie to rubes and create the climate necessary for a bunch of boomers to start an insurrection...and taze their balls (The only way this would have been more awesome is if he had a couple of sparklers in his pocket, or maybe some bottle rockets and they went off.). Personally, I am already resigned to healthcare moving farther and farther away from being available to me while the nurses there are working harder and harder for the same wage. Is it wrong to be scared that even if Biden wins poo poo ain't really getting better its just slowing the speed at which its getting worse?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Don't blame me, I voted for Kyrsten Sinema

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Private Cumshoe posted:

Don't blame me, I voted for Kyrsten Sinema

Turns out Krysten Sinema is just another George Santos character.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

She should be disappearing in the next election cycle I hope. Such a piece of poo poo.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Wendigee posted:

She should be disappearing in the next election cycle I hope. Such a piece of poo poo.

:laffo:

yea, she's truly an exception in the donkey party

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
2/3 of the senate dems secretly agree w/ her tbh

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

olives black posted:

:laffo:

yea, she's truly an exception in the donkey party

I don't speak cspam nerd

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Wendigee posted:

I don't speak cspam nerd

and i don't speak shitlib shitlib

we are at an impasse

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I'm guessing you're not from the US but a sitting president doesn't ever really face a real primary. It's basically a formality but of course there will be people who "run" against them to get their face in the news.

100% born and bred! 'MURICA THESE COLORS DON'T RUN. YAHOO!

It's always nice to think that someone will dethrone the sitting one, but yeah, I agree. It's basically 100% going to be Biden v Trump. But, it's fun to pretend.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

there is one age limit on presidency, so how about we make a lower age limit. No one under 35 and no one over 55. Like the old speed limit

100% agree. I'd be okay to even say 60. As of now, I dont think anyone running is under like 68. I didn't take into account like any of the other repubs, I guess

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 2, 2023

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I know some people wanted Pete Buttigeig to run, but then we all collectively remembered his choreographed dance and song.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

blight rhino posted:

I know some people wanted Pete Buttigeig to run, but then we all collectively remembered his choreographed dance and song.

Who are those people I want to slap them in the face

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Prez Volodymyr Zelenskyy 2024! WoopWoop

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

Who are those people I want to slap them in the face

Like I heard like 3 people say so, and I will slap them as your proxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmHwXAzrpnE&t=28s

lol. these two are funny.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 2, 2023

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

blight rhino posted:

He's also a psychopath and has no beliefs other than attaining raw power (meaning the Dems will never rally around him, they hate using power so he's a liability)

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Turns out Krysten Sinema is just another George Santos character.

George Santos is a modern folk hero. He is pretty much the emobodiment of modern politics in the US. He says whatever he can to get into office and then basically he gets into office and all these scandals come out but he just don't give a flying gently caress cos he is just going to participate in culture wars. The only thing he has to do now is have multiple sex scandals, pay for play scandals, and I dunno...something involving the dems.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

blight rhino posted:

I actually practice every day for two hours dressed up in an eighties style dance outfit in front of a mirror just to keep in strategic readiness for the day he announces.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

I actually practice every day for two hours dressed up in an eighties style dance outfit in front of a mirror just to keep in strategic readiness for the day he announces.

You carry that loving torch, ManBoyChef.

CNN is apparently going to have Trump for a Town Hall next week. the audience will be GOP voters from like New Hampshire or some other nonimportant state.

So is everyone of the opinion that we just hold our nose and vote Biden again? Anything / anyone besides Trump?
I mean I'll do it. Just like I voted for Hillary :barf:

i need the collective goon-think to tell me what to do.

I just want weed and abortions for all, at the very least.
(and to remove drug tests from people with a security clearance, lol)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

blight rhino posted:

So is everyone of the opinion that we just hold our nose and vote Biden again? Anything / anyone besides Trump?

I just want weed and abortions for all, at the very least.
(and to remove drug tests from people with a security clearance, lol)

that's what you're gonna get and the other option is trump, also none of those things you want are going to happen.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Listing the "Other" Democrats like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6wlntGepW4

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

blight rhino posted:

poo poo ur freaking pants

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Private Cumshoe posted:

poo poo ur freaking pants

This is actually an electoral strategy I have not thought of.

I guess the idea is to bake a fresh batch of brownies, grab your ballot...go into the little cubby they give you. Look left, look right... If either of these two positions are filled smile extremely huge, stare them right in the eye while you reach your whole hand down the back of your blue jeans and just rub your hands around in your jockeys.

Next you just wipe your hand on your ballot.

Turn your ballot in.

They will know when they are tabulating the vote that you voted straight blue. If you had just scrawled a hastily done picture of reagan dry humping smurfette next to a list of who your favorite vanderpumps from the show vanderpump rules is ranked from least to most fuckable then that would be a vote for trump...even if desantis is top of the ticket...If you want to vote for desantis you need to swipe your costco card at the front instead of your ID and then walk out without getting your ballot. As you walk out you tackle the senior citizen handing out stickers that say "My vote castrates veteran's cats" and then just grab each roll of stickers he has...thus ruining the day for anyone sticker oriented that went to vote....kinda like what really voting for ron desantis will do...ruin the day for the majority of americans.

ManBoyChef fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 3, 2023

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Wendigee posted:

I don't speak cspam nerd

olives black posted:

and i don't speak shitlib shitlib

we are at an impasse

very serious youtube politics maker voice: "the left is tearing each other apart."

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

blight rhino posted:

you're too chicken poo poo to post this in c-spam where you risk starting an argument, seems like you've already made up your mind op

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
qine

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
vote blue and leave a pooo

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
Isn't Marianne Williamson an associate of Alanis Morissette - KNOWN CANADIAN?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

the left in this country wants people to not be brutalized by cops, have good wages, good healthcare that is free at the point of use for everyone, and education available to everyone.....not just "accessible to affordable".......Right wants trans people dead....people like biden is like "Why don't we meet in the middle and by middle I mean closer to the republicans."

By all of this I mean the left in this country largely wants what centrists in other countries offer.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Private Cumshoe posted:

vote blue and leave a pooo

I second this...Right on the floor of the gym that is my polling station because the voting just slows the speed that I lose quality of life...the poo just feels right.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

ManBoyChef posted:

the left in this country wants people to not be brutalized by cops, have good wages, good healthcare that is free at the point of use for everyone, and education available to everyone.....not just "accessible to affordable".......

Sounds good. When are any candidates from this “left” going to run?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Wifi Toilet posted:

Sounds good. When are any candidates from this “left” going to run?

Im hoping befor im dead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Might help. But won't solve everything.

One of the most, if not the most off-putting candidates on the (R) side is a wildly wealthy former executive who rants about how America has lost its way since his time and that businesses shouldn't care about the environment/society/good corporate governance/externalities.

They're 37.