Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If it's stupid but it works, is it stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

rydiafan posted:

If it's stupid but it works, is it stupid?

Yes, it's only not stupid if it works reliably, is easier than the alternative, and costs less. Most things that are stupid but works fails one of those in my experience.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think I 100 percent knew that "chook" was an Aus/NZ thing (instead of general Commonwealth slang) and used it for some feral chickens in the Cayman Islands. I hope I was understood in context. :ohdear: I've been hanging out with my Kiwi husband for far too long.

Content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKqrLxEdXOc&t=12s

There are so many dumbfuck beauty hacks online, and the Welsh Twins (a skincare expert and a makeup artist) love to tear them apart. Sometimes they try to replicate the hacks. Sometimes they ask their viewers to come up with their own dumbfuck beauty hacks, which they then try out on their channel. That's what this is, hence the use of an asparagus spear as an impromptu brush for emergency makeup made by wetting Skittles.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

fwiw i'm as far as possible from nz (midwestern us) and have heard plenty of people refer to their chickens as chooks

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

You don't even need the whole body, just use a scale photo of your head.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I have a pretty torn up pair of jeans I was thinking of tossing. Is there like a consignment place where I can instead sell these to a trendy highschool girl for a hundred dollars?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I think that's what depop is

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

credburn posted:

I have a pretty torn up pair of jeans I was thinking of tossing. Is there like a consignment place where I can instead sell these to a trendy highschool girl for a hundred dollars?

You should keep them for patching other pairs of jeans. I have an old pair that I cut up and I have jeans that I would otherwise have had to throw away that I have patched using that old pair and copydex.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

If a pair of jeans is just continually patched, at what point are they no longer the same jeans?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Sighence posted:

If a pair of jeans is just continually patched, at what point are they no longer the same jeans?
Or, as it's called in philosophy, the Drip of Theseus.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Sighence posted:

Theseus trying to buy weed at a Phish concert

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scientastic posted:

You should keep them for patching other pairs of jeans. I have an old pair that I cut up and I have jeans that I would otherwise have had to throw away that I have patched using that old pair and copydex.

If they're real denim you can make pot-holders out of them. I mean they'll look like poo poo and MORE LIKE JORT HOLDERS but they work good.

Just don't try it with the stretchy stuff lol.

e: Oh gently caress I just realized one could use the arse part so it has a pocket :eyepop:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Young people don’t want your old jeans they want new old looking jeans

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Young people don’t want your old jeans they want new old looking jeans

I remember at two points (yeah I'm middle-aged) kids were really into wearing their parents' old clothes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

:golfclap:

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

just lol if your washing machine doesn't destroy your jeans after you've worn them 5-7 times

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Oh, is it time for a "Don't wash your jeans, freeze them instead" derail?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KennyMan666 posted:

Bless you.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Should I freeze my boots to better break them in?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I put my jeans in the oven instead, that way I get the ol' spicy zipper

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Warbird posted:

Should I freeze my boots to better break them in?

Saw a guide to breaking new cowboy boots in that included packing them in mud/manure and going ham with them on a gravel road.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just buy them several size too big and pack them with rags/straw like in the old days

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kuiperdolin posted:

Just buy them several size too big and pack them with rags/straw like in the old days

Pfft get you some sheet socks to go in your bast shoes.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Not to proud to admit I might legit do this next time I go to the movies.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
is the popcorn there to keep the straw steady :confused:

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
I don't get it. Am I missing something or just thinking too hard? Pouring the butter into the straw onto the popcorn is the same as just pouring it onto the popcorn. Maybe it gets it a little deeper. Unless you're going to drink the butter. Please tell me you're not going to drink the butter.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Quid posted:

Maybe it gets it a little deeper.

It's this. Normally you end up with a very buttery top and a dry bottom. (Go ahead and take that out of context.) With this you can get butter to the bottom, and pull the straw up as you dispense to get every layer between.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Pouring straight molten butter onto popcorn and figurin out tricks to make it even fattier is a very American thing to do.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

cant cook creole bream posted:

Pouring straight molten butter onto popcorn and figurin out tricks to make it even fattier is a very American thing to do.

Good news, it’s not butter, it’s flavacol, and it’s delicious.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A goon explained Flavacol and coconut oil popcorn to me and now I eat theatre popcorn at home ITS AMAZING

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Grassy Knowles posted:

Good news, it’s not butter, it’s flavacol, and it’s delicious.

Flavacol is a powder not a liquid

Professor Shark posted:

A goon explained Flavacol and coconut oil popcorn to me and now I eat theatre popcorn at home ITS AMAZING

Get some A-maize, it's a butter flavored corn oil. It's what the gourmet popcorn place I used to work at used

And then we would toss some of this on top for good measure

https://spicebarn.com/butter_popcorn_seasoning.htm

Also make sure you're using butterfly popcorn. It'll expand and catch flavor better

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Not to proud to admit I might legit do this next time I go to the movies.
Lifehackhack: bring a funnel

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Open your mouth and start guzzling butter straight from the tap until you're full. They can't stop you if you paid for your popcorn.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Not going to pretend that I won't eat that poo poo like my life depends on it. But man it looks gross being poured. I just want it on my popcorn. I really don't want to be confronted with the reality that it's just a bunch of oil.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rug6fgkIMH1qigfjt.mp4

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This is a thread for stupid life hacks, not brilliant innovations.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
Just.. don't eat popcorn, it's poo poo anyway. Always has been. Get some nachos or peanuts, anything with actual taste

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

RedSnapper posted:

Just.. don't eat popcorn, it's poo poo anyway. Always has been. Get some nachos or peanuts, anything with actual taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fG8rNHUspU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Len posted:

Flavacol is a powder not a liquid

Get some A-maize, it's a butter flavored corn oil. It's what the gourmet popcorn place I used to work at used

And then we would toss some of this on top for good measure

https://spicebarn.com/butter_popcorn_seasoning.htm

Also make sure you're using butterfly popcorn. It'll expand and catch flavor better

Flavacol is also distributed mixed with oil in bags for movie theatres and other vendor-size operations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

RedSnapper posted:

Popcorn rules, nerd