Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what a surprise

https://twitter.com/sgfmann/status/1653151988052373505?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Majority think Charles will be a good King im already calling him the good King charles

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Charlie 2 was the guy who brought fun back to England after Cromwell and his gang, and a buncha Presbyterian pukes up in Scotland sucked all of the life out of the place. I feel like he might be hard to beat.

I don't think that Charlie 1 bears mentioning unless all youse are interested in a game of Pike and Shotte.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jose posted:

what a surprise

This could equally refer to any of the 3 stories on that front page lol.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This has happened a few times now. Total psychos in labour councils

https://twitter.com/LIndependents/status/1653266506958921729?t=rZ-Lz92O_I1GkKgLgtNcHg&s=19

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

gonadic io posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/01/uk-planning-redundant-cruise-ships-house-asylum-seekers
prison barge plan just dropped

e:
The Guardian has been told that one leading maritime company is even conducting a feasibility study into housing migrants on redundant oil rigs

e2:
of course, being the guardian, they couldn't help but include
> One government source said the use of giant barges or refurbished ferries and cruise ships to ? house refugees could have a “deterrent effect” on people arriving in small boats

Marvel too cowardly to do a Hulk remake but the Britain is made of sterner stuff

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
They want to give the small boat migrants LARGE BOATS? Mad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol starmer has been on the radio talking about abandoning the tuition fees pledge and then having to explain that he abandoned all the other ones too

https://twitter.com/joecguinan/status/1653343103607005192?t=2YHluo0KmVNgOfdbiwVlLA&s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao both parties tapping the sign that says 'the last labour government'

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

the sex ghost posted:

Lmao both parties tapping the sign that says 'the last labour government'
praying it was

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fukyez all

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

even the FT comment page is full of people saying “what’s the point in earning all this money if my kids can’t afford an education and public services are poo poo”

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jel Shaker posted:

even the FT comment page is full of people saying “what’s the point in earning all this money if my kids can’t afford an education and public services are poo poo”

like with everything the public are way ahead of the government. its parliament insisting on doing things badly. half of them because theyr ideologically committed to doing it badly and half because they have to stay within the rules which clearly say to do it badly.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Im here to make Tough Decisions. Tough Decisions mean do the bad thing. I can't do the good thing because I'm here to make Tough Decisions.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

mrpwase posted:

Im here to make Tough Decisions. Tough Decisions mean do the bad thing. I can't do the good thing because I'm here to make Tough Decisions.

finally, grown up politics in cspam

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jose posted:

the replies to this are extremely unhinged talking about getting fined

https://twitter.com/StandComedyClub/status/1653017007921545221?s=20

lol read through the replies, every single fuckwit response is from a bluetick, they are sending their best folks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

finally, grown up politics in cspam

Actually calling each other nonces is banned in cspam so

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol read through the replies, every single fuckwit response is from a bluetick, they are sending their best folks.

‘About to get Bud Lighted’ oh no not…reams of free outrage-publicity?

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
anyone else itt renounced their british nationality yet?

im gonna do it this year, gently caress being english any more, time to become european again, after 9 years away from hell island whats even the point any more

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Waiting for yexit so I can claim citizenship as a native Yorkshire man and burn my passport

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

anyone else itt renounced their british nationality yet?

im gonna do it this year, gently caress being english any more, time to become european again, after 9 years away from hell island whats even the point any more

this is real stupid if you've got family in britain and don't have to do it for some reason

especially after brexit

e: just keep your extra passport

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 14:30 on May 2, 2023

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
the country i now live in makes you renounce your old nationality if you naturalize, so you can't keep your british passport

and i want to naturalize instead of being british

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

the country i now live in makes you renounce your old nationality if you naturalize, so you can't keep your british passport

okay yeah that's the bit I meant by "unless you have to"

in that case glhf

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

that sounds like something a britain would do

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

oops all nonces

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
These days I go into the UK on my uk one and back home in my Irish one just so the guys at each end don't look at me twice. Technically you don't even need it but in practice Ryanair still make you have them but aer lingus don't

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Communist Thoughts posted:

that sounds like something a britain would do

Shockingly it doesn't, for now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sir Softie

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jel Shaker posted:

An awful lot of FT subscribers are youngish guys living in London who have found that they can't obtain a basic middle class lifestyle (house, car, holiday twice a year etc) despite being on what most of us would consider excellent salaries, and are pretty pissed about it.

(The rest of the FT subscribers are older guys who DO own property in London and consider that everything would be fine, if everyone else just worked a bit harder and tightened their belts a bit more.)

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1653155518154776577

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I really think this Monday will see the beginning of the end of the monarchy.

My boomer parents are obviously elated that they get to stand on their doorstep on Monday and proclaim their undying allegiance to the new king. Nobody under 50 has any idea of the pomp and ceremony that is going to accompany the coronation, and when people see the absolute horseshit that occurs along with the self felatio the boomers have going on, while anybody born after 1980 is struggling to afford basic comforts, I really think we are going to start to see the smaller electoral parties calling for the abolition of the monarchy.

lol, lmao, none of that will happen, excuse me while I go and make sure my 6-year-old has enough food to eat for the next couple of weeks.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
i know you don't like the royals but it's history in the making

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
won't you at least have some of the quiche

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

hey its a free day off

also you do have to swear allegiance at brit naturalisation, though it kind of makes sense what with being a monarchy and everything

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Random question, is London going to be horrible to travel through and be in on Sunday do you folks reckon? Me and a few friends are potentially looking to go to a thing that's going to be going on for most of May and picking a day, it's through to the 21st so loads of days available. A few of them wanted to do the 7th and I said it might be a bit poo poo travel wise and they said I was worrying too much. My logic is we've never had a coronation in our lifetimes so I have no idea what to expect but expecting trains and the tube to be jampacked the day after a big event like this feels like a fair assumption, I'm fully fine with going and being wrong or being proven right, just curious what opinions might be?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

nah it’ll be dead

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Stations near Trafalgar square and green park are likely to be busy

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1204015883347275778

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

thebardyspoon posted:

Random question, is London going to be horrible to travel through and be in on Sunday do you folks reckon?

it's those things literally every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s refreshing they do the betrayal before not after the election to be honest