Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Why would you whale for that weapon and not stack speed. So dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm going to get the destruction LC from Herta's shop first for Clara, but are any of the other LCs in there good?

Everything I've heard suggests Texture of Memories is great for fire MC if you're using them. I was also using the Hunt one on Dan Heng until he got benched for Sampo.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Tried a bronya support off someone, kind of want her now. For a support ability skill character, her basic atk seems to do really good damage

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Her basic attack has 100% crit rate, that's why.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Kyrosiris posted:

Everything I've heard suggests Texture of Memories is great for fire MC if you're using them. I was also using the Hunt one on Dan Heng until he got benched for Sampo.

Yeah, both March and Gerard want raw Defense stat for their shields, but the Trailblazer's shields have a weak Defense mod and they don't care about the defense-based damage boost too much. So the caveat on Texture of Memories is that it might be best in slot for them, but no other Preservation character right now wants it, so it's got a fairly limited scope.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Had like 10% health left on the final phase of simulated world 4 boss when he killed 3/4 of my team in a single attack and all 3 of them were pretty near full health at the time. gently caress.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Man, the level 34 main story lock is kinda harsh. I was only 30 when I got there, and it looks like clearing out my quest log won't even get me to 33.

Don't forget you can use your stamina items to do more stuff for the trailblazer xp. Whatever loot you need, I'm remembering the genshin leveling formula of level > core > abilities > relics on main dps being the order of importance in gearing up mid game. This being turn based I feel like a healthy healer/tanky shielder is also very important.

Does the box puzzle quest with the little girl just end awkwardly? I went there to look for the moles' treasure pages, found her, did it twice and then the puzzles just stopped. Not sure what to do next for that.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Flowing Thot posted:

Had like 10% health left on the final phase of simulated world 4 boss when he killed 3/4 of my team in a single attack and all 3 of them were pretty near full health at the time. gently caress.

Shoulda grabbed that hp blessing.

Also I just beat world 4 but it took a few tries even though it's easier than world 3. The Hunt path is just bonkers with good damage dealers.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Does the box puzzle quest with the little girl just end awkwardly? I went there to look for the moles' treasure pages, found her, did it twice and then the puzzles just stopped. Not sure what to do next for that.

This is the first quest in a sequence. The next quest will appear somewhere in 1 real-world day, I think, and same for the subsequent quests.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Clarste posted:

Why would you whale for that weapon and not stack speed. So dumb.

Do you really need to stack speed on Seele if you have Bronya? My understanding of the meta is that you stack speed on Bronya (along with energy regen and crit damage) and then build Seele for pure damage (especially quantum damage % if you can get it)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Imagine writing a guide for Qingque and then telling people not to use her skill, it's like these people haven't heard of the concept of "fun" before

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Don't forget you can use your stamina items to do more stuff for the trailblazer xp. Whatever loot you need, I'm remembering the genshin leveling formula of level > core > abilities > relics on main dps being the order of importance in gearing up mid game. This being turn based I feel like a healthy healer/tanky shielder is also very important.
I was thinking about it. Feels bad to spend them now when I'll get a bigger payoff if I wait until a higher Equilibrium Level, though.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Imagine writing a guide for Qingque and then telling people not to use her skill, it's like these people haven't heard of the concept of "fun" before

beyond just being fun (and it really is) her skill gives a stacking damage buff so even if you don't get a set it still has a useful effect

FractalSandwich posted:

I was thinking about it. Feels bad to spend them now when I'll get a bigger payoff if I wait until a higher Equilibrium Level, though.

while this is certainly true i dont know if spending one or two here and there is going to make a meaningful difference in the long term

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I've held off so far from Herta's Store because I'm not sure that I'll get more than one crack at it any time soon. World 5 is extremely daunting, and you don't seem to get Hertabonds from anything other than first clears. Aeon looks really good but I have Something Irreplaceable and my only real Destruction character right now is Hook; I'm using Subscribe For More right now on Seele and wondering if Cruising would be anything other than a lateral move.

I'm about as far as I can reasonably get right now -- all available quests completed, at Interlude, up to SimWorld 5 and dying midway through, barely cleared Forbidden 9 -- so it's the running-the-treadmill phase for now while I try to bring up some of my lesser-loved characters.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Setec_Astronomy posted:

This is the first quest in a sequence. The next quest will appear somewhere in 1 real-world day, I think, and same for the subsequent quests.

Yup. what can throw people is that it appears in a different place. Most of those daily things stay put.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ibblebibble posted:

I haven’t used that character so idk what the guide is advising, but if the skill is bad and the guide is saying don’t use it then what’s the problem? I mean if I wrote a guide on Magicarp it would be a 1 sentence guide “don’t use magicarp, evolve it asap”.

Like that’s what guides are for my goon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Where does current content end? I know "middle of third region" (I'm counting the space station, screw y'all) but does that mean Traveler 35? 40? What's the last lockout gap I need to worry about?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I just met Kafka and what’s with her stupid sunglasses? Like there’s no way those fit her.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I haven’t used that character so idk what the guide is advising, but if the skill is bad and the guide is saying don’t use it then what’s the problem? I mean if I wrote a guide on Magicarp it would be a 1 sentence guide “don’t use magicarp, evolve it asap”.

The skill isn't bad its, the entire point of the character. Maybe use her before trying to own somebody about it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Her gimmick is that she's a mahjong player and her skill is a redraw to try and get a set of 4 tiles which upgrades her regular attack into a hard hitter. It's a gacha within a gacha, fun dopamine rush.

I just feel like if you're not even going to engage with the gimmick of a character that actually makes them fun to play I dunno why you would even bother writing a guide in the first place.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

UHD posted:

while this is certainly true i dont know if spending one or two here and there is going to make a meaningful difference in the long term
If it was only a couple, I probably would, but right now, if I guzzled all 17 I've got it would just barely get me over the line to the next Trailblaze Mission.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 2, 2023

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

delfin posted:

you don't seem to get Hertabonds from anything other than first clears.

AFAIK the only other source is the single weekly Herta bond from the SU points track.

Is anyone high enough level to know if you also get bonds for first clears of the higher difficulties of the SU worlds? That would be a nice additional source. Otherwise it's gonna be a few months between 5* buys from her shop.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
AFAIK the skill has no downsides, it can only be beneficial, so there's no reason to not click it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The downside is that it costs a skill point every time you click it. It's all a question of how much you're willing to burn chasing a full hand.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Bruceski posted:

Where does current content end? I know "middle of third region" (I'm counting the space station, screw y'all) but does that mean Traveler 35? 40? What's the last lockout gap I need to worry about?

I've been told the trailblazer level 34 is the final lockout barrier to finish the currently available storyline.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Qingque seems like the character that benefits the most from their dupes and talents. They turn her from a random as hell skill point drain into something resembling reliable. The real problem with her is her general role of Quantum DPS is just... Completely overshadowed by Seele. Even though Seele's single target her turn chaining probably means she does "AoE" better than Qingque is most instances...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i want them to add Svarog as a playable character

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

How are you guys affording cones from Hertas shop? I ain't got a lot of her currency and I can't tell if I just haven't progressed enough or if I wasted it on the tickets and forgot lol

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Her gimmick is that she's a mahjong player and her skill is a redraw to try and get a set of 4 tiles which upgrades her regular attack into a hard hitter. It's a gacha within a gacha, fun dopamine rush.

I just feel like if you're not even going to engage with the gimmick of a character that actually makes them fun to play I dunno why you would even bother writing a guide in the first place.

I mean people that read character guides prolly just want to make number go up, and the “funness” of a character’s ability doesn’t make number go up so it’s a non-factor.

E: It’s a guide. Just tell me how to play the character in the most efficient way. It seems like that’s what the guide’s author is doing so again I don’t see the issue.

Meowywitch posted:

How are you guys affording cones from Hertas shop? I ain't got a lot of her currency and I can't tell if I just haven't progressed enough or if I wasted it on the tickets and forgot lol

I beat W3 and I have 7, so I think you can buy your first weapon after beating W4.

But hey, it’s more fun to spend the currency on gacha tickets because it’s a gacha game and it’s fun to gamble using free resources. Yay fun!

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 2, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Qingque seems like the character that benefits the most from their dupes and talents. They turn her from a random as hell skill point drain into something resembling reliable. The real problem with her is her general role of Quantum DPS is just... Completely overshadowed by Seele. Even though Seele's single target her turn chaining probably means she does "AoE" better than Qingque is most instances...
Qingque has the advantage of being free and not costing an average of 15,000 Stellar Jade to unlock. That's good enough for me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't think its fair to compare to free 4* character to an OP high tier 5* though

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i somehow have her up to 2levels of constellation and didn't even unlock my free one, so probably should start to invest in her a bit. i don't have an interest in pulling for stelle

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean people that read character guides prolly just want to make number go up, and the “funness” of a character’s ability doesn’t make number go up so it’s a non-factor.

E: It’s a guide. Just tell me how to play the character in the most efficient way. It seems like that’s what the guide’s author is doing so again I don’t see the issue.

part of making qingque's number go up is careful use of her skill, if you ignore her skill you may as well bench her

the guide sucks

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Step 1) Buy the magikarp from the guy for 500
Step 2) Level it to lv99 without using rare candies.
Step 3) Evolve at lv100

It will evolve into Mew.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Boris Galerkin posted:

I beat W3 and I have 7, so I think you can buy your first weapon after beating W4.

But hey, it’s more fun to spend the currency on gacha tickets because it’s a gacha game and it’s fun to gamble using free resources. Yay fun!

I mean, follow your dreams, but that's a pretty bad use of an extremely limited currency. Two of the three Herta shop LCs are extremely good and unlike other 5* LCs you can gradually get them to max Superimpose without it taking ridiculous amounts of real life money and luck.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yeah I wouldn't say Seele invalidates Qingque given that even if you end up with both of them Abyss SU eventually demands 2 teams. Also they are the only 2 Quantum characters available at all right now so people that get unlucky or don't chase Seele only have mahjong as their Quantum damage option for awhile.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah you get a better ratio of resin energy to materials later on, but consider you first gotta get to a higher trailblazer level to obtain that better ratio. Obviously you want to knock out the weekly bosses and fill in any relic holes before falling back to generic exp/materials, but aside from that I've just been burning most of my daily energy on character+cone xp since I like number get bigger and I'm still messing around with what teams and weapons I want to be using.

Remember you have 4 daily expedition slots for baseline exp/material too, entirely for free. There's no reason you have to burn all your energy on a certain material if you only need a few of it either. Just do a run or two to get the minimum needed then spend the rest on something else.

In the long run, it almost literally doesn't matter anyway. Yeah, it's not "optimal" to burn all your daily energy on relics before you even have a chance to get the 5* versions, but hey, if it lets you lock in maxlevel mainstat+substat 4* relics on your main team, by all means enjoy that power spike.

Unlike genshin, it seems there are some things in this game which are actually hard, but that's more from the standpoint of current level and resource limitations, rock/paper/scissors mechanics and roguelite RNG than anything, so whatever you want to field probably works just fine for basic overworld/storyline stuff.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah I wouldn't say Seele invalidates Qingque given that even if you end up with both of them Abyss SU eventually demands 2 teams. Also they are the only 2 Quantum characters available at all right now so people that get unlucky or don't chase Seele only have mahjong as their Quantum damage option for awhile.

Does SU require 2 teams eventually? I’m up to world 6 there and it hasn’t so far.

Forgotten Hall absolutely does starting at memory stage 11 though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I think Seele and QQ compliment each other well. They're the only two Quantums and they do different things. You could boil it down to Seele doing a lot of st and QQ doing a lot of aoe

Also they're both cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Ah, nice, thanks.

Saving stamina/energy consumables for later is a mild trap. If you're spending your daily energy on lower level content, but you could have hit a higher equilibrium level using the boosts, then you're spending daily energy for less reward than you could be getting.

Edit: I don't really think of QQ as mahjong minigame so much as a skill point sink for aoe when needed. If you end up in a situation with lots of sp she's fantastic, otherwise she occasionally throws an aoe out.

Brutor Fartknocker fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 2, 2023