Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Good Citizen posted:

Does SU require 2 teams eventually? I’m up to world 6 there and it hasn’t so far.

Forgotten Hall absolutely does starting at memory stage 11 though

Oh maybe I'm mixing the two up, I haven't gotten there quite yet but I'd been seeing mention of "two teams required". I guess my brain just automatically connected it to Star Rail's Spiral Abyss equivalent, since that in Genshin required two teams by the hardest floor sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

UHD posted:

part of making qingque's number go up is careful use of her skill, if you ignore her skill you may as well bench her

the guide sucks

The argument is that you're investing what could be your entire skill point pool for what may not even be an empowered attack, so it's hard to recommend playing that way from an optimization viewpoint.

I mean I'd throw that out the window too and let it ride, but it would be with the understanding that I'm chasing perfect at the cost of good. :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:allears:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

that's pitch-dark hook the great you're talking down to, mister :colbert:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Hook e4 get! I'm thinking run her with Astra for speedup+everyone burning for maximum bonus damage always?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

The argument is that you're investing what could be your entire skill point pool for what may not even be an empowered attack, so it's hard to recommend playing that way from an optimization viewpoint.

I mean I'd throw that out the window too and let it ride, but it would be with the understanding that I'm chasing perfect at the cost of good. :v:
Its still empowered to some extent, you get a stacking ~15% bonus to her damage every time you hit the skill button. And she does, an assload of damage so in most cases its worth gambling your points on her anyway.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Apparently this is a thing that is possible from Reddit:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Is the "guaranteed 5 star of your choice after 300 pulls" permanent?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
even without dupes mahjong girl becomes a fairly reliable heavy hitter just from uptracing and smart resource management, truly baffling that someone would argue for playing her in a way that just makes her worse

StrixNebulosa posted:

yes. from the wording it looks like you can only do it once though

YES bread fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 2, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Assuming she was e0, that cheese puts her at e2 and the glue means she had "good" blessings to choose from. But given someone is trying to solo she's probably already got a few eidolons out of the gate (putting her at e4 or e5 for the run) and her cone with a few superpositions/whatever.

Still nuts. I bet those hunt blessings are the energy/health on kill, which are hilariously OP.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's permanent but based on the wording you only get to pick one ever once you hit 300 - you don't get to pick another at 600 total then a third at 900 total, etc. One and done.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm down with that, because I NEED to bring Svarog home

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Clarste posted:

Why would you whale for that weapon and not stack speed. So dumb.

You basically don't need speed on seele. Her 115 base becomes 143.75 without any substats. Putting a speed artifact on her isn't really worth it over putting attack on the boots. Also if the person whaled that hard for the weapon, they probably also whaled hard for seele eidolons, which gives her a second stack of her speed buff. So 115 becomes 172.5, which caps the weapon and more.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 2, 2023

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm down with that, because I NEED to bring Svarog home

This is kinda Clara... Kinda. She just stands there and cries while Svarog does all the work

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

probably a dumb question, but when you "send characters" on dispatch missions you can still use them in your party right?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

someone awful. posted:

probably a dumb question, but when you "send characters" on dispatch missions you can still use them in your party right?

yeah

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

someone awful. posted:

Yes

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Spiral Abyss is the Forgotten Hall (1-2 fights with a modifier) that you get 1-3 stars on depending on criteria. It also has a shop that seems kinda mediocre.

Simulated Universe is the roguelike and a game-within-a-game almost with its own skill tree, unlockables, weekly reward track, and shop (with cheap superimpositions!)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ok, cool, thanks

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just experienced the very first time my Seele got like 6 turns in a row, and I no longer regret smashing all my rolls into her banner enough to trigger pity twice

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

I just experienced the very first time my Seele got like 6 turns in a row, and I no longer regret smashing all my rolls into her banner enough to trigger pity twice

Get just a little speed on Bronya and you can go from Seele getting a ton of turns, to Bronya giving her another turn which leads into a ton more turns. It's the best.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Boris Galerkin posted:

Apparently this is a thing that is possible from Reddit:

I’d believe it with enough damage reduction. Abundance focus seems hella good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

someone awful. posted:

God, wasn't there a brief period of time in Genshin that you couldn't? fuuuuuuck that

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What is superimpose and why is it needed?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

It's this games terminology for limitbreak/whatever gacha game of your choice uses. enhance a lightcone by giving up dupes of it which increases its effect.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

combining copies of a light cone to get a single copy with a higher rank - which strengthens the bonus effect of the light cone, but not the raw stats

e : f, b.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Leraika posted:

Okay, so the way she works:
1) Every allied turn, she draws a tile.
2) her skill draws two tiles and gives her a stacking attack buff. This can be repeated until you run out of skill points or you get a four of a kind hand.
3) if she gets four tiles of a kind, her normal attack gets a large boost + gets its range turned to blast + DOES NOT GIVE A SKILL POINT AFTER USE. The last one is super relevant if you have her set up so that she outspeeds members of your team that need SP and you're burning through them to cast mahjong. I like getting her as close to last as possible; you may have to futz with relics for speed manipulation.
4) her ultimate does AOE damage and draws four tiles of the same type, so that the next time her turn comes up she'll have a four of a kind ready to go. I like popping this at the start of the battle unless she's slow enough that she'll have drawn four tiles on her turn.
5) you can keep track of what she's drawn under her character portrait. she'll stop drawing when she gets four of a kind, so if you see that and her ultimate's up, don't use it until after her turn.

the ideal turn flow for her is: (your other three party members do their thing) -> she dumps all remaining skill points into tile draws and hopefully gets a four of a kind. It's not necessary to minmax your characters' speed that much, though; you just have to be careful about SP use if you don't (or have slower characters who usually simple attack anyway).

edit: oh also if you autobattle with her the ai WILL spam tile draws so be careful about that lol

here's the best qq guide

also: her constellations fix a bunch of her fuckier rng, like giving her skill points on enhanced normal attack, giving her a chance to enter a state where she follows up her normal attack with another attack at the same base value, and regenerating energy whenever she draws a tile (thus letting her pop her ult more often).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Xalidur posted:

Get just a little speed on Bronya and you can go from Seele getting a ton of turns, to Bronya giving her another turn which leads into a ton more turns. It's the best.

bronya's gun is like the most satisfying attack too

possibly because after you get the skill that does it, it always crits

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

frajaq posted:

God, wasn't there a brief period of time in Genshin that you couldn't? fuuuuuuck that

Yes, and for extra wtf there were not enough free characters to both have a full team and use every Expedition slot.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm presuming that the point of SU World 5 is to use the newly-unlocked Abundance path? Its Resonance seems the straightest method to get around Kafka's "half your team is now mindless" shenanigans.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

delfin posted:

I'm presuming that the point of SU World 5 is to use the newly-unlocked Abundance path? Its Resonance seems the straightest method to get around Kafka's "half your team is now mindless" shenanigans.

Nat/M7's cleanse-on-skill traces combined with Preservation's 20/30% chance upon gaining a shield to cleanse were all I needed.

E: The latter especially took a lot of the healing burden off because getting incidental cleanses of Shocks helps so much.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I also didnt realize this until just this second but I have Gepard's best Light Cone so that's cool lol

no idea where I got it

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Nat/M7's cleanse-on-skill traces combined with Preservation's 20/30% chance upon gaining a shield to cleanse were all I needed.

E: The latter especially took a lot of the healing burden off because getting incidental cleanses of Shocks helps so much.

I did it on Hunt path with March's cleanse and Hunt's "it's always your turn"

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

This is kinda Clara... Kinda. She just stands there and cries while Svarog does all the work

I respect that they could have just made Svarog a character very easily, but decided that it was much more in-character that he's letting Clara have an adventure while also absolutely annihilating anything that dares to look at her funny.

Girl doesn't even know Svarog is there until he pops out to punch something before a fight. :v:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

World 6 down. The Hunt is definitely amazing here, but I kept getting unlucky with people dying in the boss fight. Even this time I barely won because I wasted the Path Resonance early by accident.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I managed to scrounge up the last few standard tickets I needed today to hit 90 pulls on Standard. I hadn't gotten any 5*'s out of it before, so I was going to hit hard pity. I got a 5*... Light Cone at like pull 86. Welt's. I don't even have Welt. "Oh well" I said as I kept pressing the button on my ten pull. I then get another 5* on the very next pull. And it's another LC. Himeko's this time, who I at least have but have not bothered building.

I didn't even know you could GET two 5* LC's in a row from the standard banner.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

acumen posted:

Spiral Abyss is the Forgotten Hall (1-2 fights with a modifier) that you get 1-3 stars on depending on criteria. It also has a shop that seems kinda mediocre.

Simulated Universe is the roguelike and a game-within-a-game almost with its own skill tree, unlockables, weekly reward track, and shop (with cheap superimpositions!)

Ah thanks for the clarification. It's neat that there's just a bonus fun mode around. Especially since it offers good light cones.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kyrosiris posted:

Huh. I'll have to dig up the material for March's; haven't used her in a while.

Also, I just found an alternate route that was hilarious; I went the Hunt now that I have all three Resonances unlockable in one run, then got the Event where the lady offers you all Blessings from another path. So I went in with a load of Hunt AND full Abundance. Kafka got a couple of turns in, one in Phase 2 and one or two in Phase 3.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Edit: I don't really think of QQ as mahjong minigame so much as a skill point sink for aoe when needed. If you end up in a situation with lots of sp she's fantastic, otherwise she occasionally throws an aoe out.

Yeah, when I was using her (pulled Seele shortly afterward) I really liked her flexibility. If I needed to use skill points for healing or taunts or whatever she was still mostly functional, and could turn into a monster if I didn't need to use them elsewhere. Others like Seele and Serval feel like they want to be using SP every turn and a basic attack is a lack of planning.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I managed to scrounge up the last few standard tickets I needed today to hit 90 pulls on Standard. I hadn't gotten any 5*'s out of it before, so I was going to hit hard pity. I got a 5*... Light Cone at like pull 86. Welt's. I don't even have Welt. "Oh well" I said as I kept pressing the button on my ten pull. I then get another 5* on the very next pull. And it's another LC. Himeko's this time, who I at least have but have not bothered building.

I didn't even know you could GET two 5* LC's in a row from the standard banner.

You should build Himeko she rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Her follow-ups on weakness breaks seem kinda limited utility, imo. Or rather, is she good on bosses? Because bosses are the hard part.