Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

euphronius posted:

You dont need another star with wemby.

he's not going to be as good as LeBron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1653430519315714049

The race to sign famed free agent Dillon the Villain Brooks starts today.

lmfao at this level of bag fumbling

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hitler vs hitler 2nite

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

indigi posted:

he will be the one to beat kareem's record

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

euphronius posted:

ironic that the year he doesn’t get mvp Jokic finally wins some playoff games
ironic that the year he might get mvp, embiid is out with an injury

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that's every year

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
drat if only someone a while ago had made a whole effort post about how good Jokic has been/will be in the playoffs

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

wembanyama is like luka times porzingis

but i'm worried like those two, he'll be a little to valuable for his own good, that even when they burn scorch marks into hard wood, the bench is too thread bare.

plus i would like to add, being an immigrant is difficult even if you have a great deal of money, and it may take time to adjust to the communicating in the league. he'll have a ton of american media time in just under two months to get some practice in. but as lucrative as that will be for him, that's not what i meant: defense is half of the game, and modern defense is about calling who to watch?, when to sag?, and why weren't you face guarding the guy dropping fifty?

it's playoffs, but i'm still excited how one team will immediately become a contender. remember to temper your expectations though, it's a long road and he's still a kid and we saw how even a balanced contender like the bucks can look embarrassing without their mvp.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

on that note, i would like wildly overreact and congratulate the philadelphia seventy-sixers on their incredible foresight to hire an mvp award winner

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

maybe . depends on his soul at that level

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

ironic that the year he might get mvp, embiid is out with an injury

is mvp tonight ?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TDepressionEarl posted:

wembanyama is like luka times porzingis

but i'm worried like those two, he'll be a little to valuable for his own good, that even when they burn scorch marks into hard wood, the bench is too thread bare.

plus i would like to add, being an immigrant is difficult even if you have a great deal of money, and it may take time to adjust to the communicating in the league. he'll have a ton of american media time in just under two months to get some practice in. but as lucrative as that will be for him, that's not what i meant: defense is half of the game, and modern defense is about calling who to watch?, when to sag?, and why weren't you face guarding the guy dropping fifty?

it's playoffs, but i'm still excited how one team will immediately become a contender. remember to temper your expectations though, it's a long road and he's still a kid and we saw how even a balanced contender like the bucks can look embarrassing without their mvp.

He's going to be injured a lot probably.

Also may not be the exterior scorer everyone is hoping for. Ceiling is infinity, floor is "always hurt, rarely plays, never develops fully."

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hitler vs hitler 2nite

i hope they brutalize each other so denver has an easy wcf

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hitler vs hitler 2nite

This is the only series left that contains Championship DNA® playing each other. I guess I can understand why fans of the rest of the league feel such jealousy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

so at this point Embiid has to sit for game two, right?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
congratulations to the winner of the 2023 National Basketball Association’s Most Valuable Player Award (OUT - knee)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:unsmith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

He's going to be injured a lot probably.

Also may not be the exterior scorer everyone is hoping for. Ceiling is infinity, floor is "always hurt, rarely plays, never develops fully."

he doesn't look quite as bad as draft day porzingis or brandon ingram but unless he's gonna try to do the kevin durant thing, he's gonna need to add some muscle. he doesn't need to be ben wallace or anything but if he's gonna be a defensive anchor he's not gonna do it at his current weight

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
tbf KD's defense was very good until the achilles. probably the most underrated defender in the league (and still not a slouch though he's not as good on the perimeter)

e: I agree he would never be considered a defensive "anchor," but there's a huge chasm between say current Jokic and 2010s KD's defense. if Wemby is as advertised on offense and can play as good defense as Durant did, he might be able to become LeBron (I'd argue KD was also LeBron)

indigi fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 3, 2023

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, KD was an amazing defender and is still good but there's a difference between being the point of attack defender and being more of an inside presence as a shot blocker (think what Rudy Gobert was up until this year). Two very necessary defensive elements but Wembanyama can't be the latter at his current size, though he could definitely be the former without much change. Given how tall he is, he naturally sockets into that whole "rangy shot blocker" defensive player but who knows what he actually will end up being.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Congratulations Joel Embiid! Very well deserved.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

knicks in foul trouble early, a good way to lose to jimmy-less miami is to send them to the line

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
keep forgetting Rose is on the Knicks

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

it seems like the knicks are also opening themselves to getting killed at the three point line if the heat bench can muster enough double digits. otherwise they seem to be defending well inside and shooting their own threes at a good rate.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
you trusted The Process! (jokic finally having heathy teammates meant he didn’t need to be scoring 40 every night)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

indigi posted:

keep forgetting Rose is on the Knicks
i still feel so bad for that guy. senior rescue dog with a bad leg vibes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
didn’t he do a bad sexual crime

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Yep, the monkey Paw gave you Embiid MVP in exchange for an LCL

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

ex post facho posted:

Yep, the monkey Paw gave you Embiid MVP in exchange for an LCL

that's a weird monkeys paw cause he'd get the lcl anyway

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

indigi posted:

didn’t he do a bad sexual crime
would it surprise you to discover a jury found him Not Guilty? it was in October 2016, so he really hit the buzzer-beater on #MeToo. Kobe!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I thought Rose's claim to fame was taking himself out of several Bulls games by rolling over on an apple peeler in bed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lolling a little that the Knicks and Heat both have a guy named Robinson and the announcers have gotten them mixed up at least once

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
and here's to you, mr. robinson

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol

https://twitter.com/msinger/status/1653542715328729088

definitely a Philly sportswriter

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"On August 18, 2021, the Knicks extended Rose's contract by three years with a $43 million deal.[143][144] On December 17, in a 116–103 win over the Houston Rockets, Rose suffered a right ankle injury.[145] Five days later, he underwent surgery on his right ankle and was ruled out for at least two months.[146] On February 25, 2022, Rose underwent another procedure to address a skin infection on his ankle and was ruled out indefinitely.[147]"

lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think in the playoffs Butler is actually more valuable a player than Embiid

I mean the Sixers won right?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Why isn't this thread closed? Embiid won

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

tbf KD's defense was very good until the achilles. probably the most underrated defender in the league (and still not a slouch though he's not as good on the perimeter)

e: I agree he would never be considered a defensive "anchor," but there's a huge chasm between say current Jokic and 2010s KD's defense. if Wemby is as advertised on offense and can play as good defense as Durant did, he might be able to become LeBron (I'd argue KD was also LeBron)

Hell KD looks like the best defender on the Suns right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Why isn't this thread closed? Embiid won

Repost it with no Sixers fans in the new one, their mission is accomplished