Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

FilthyImp posted:

Sad that the most action the thread gets before Firenado season is some 90s-assed reverse racism libertarian.

I posit instead: the California Burrito stands heads above TexMex and is rivalled only by the Burrito Ahogado.

what defines the california burrito?

is it the avocado in the burrito?

is it the fries in the burrito?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drat the ca thread is going off with some vintage discourse !!! :w00t:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

sb hermit posted:

Girth

Burritos in TX are basically taquitos. Highly disappointing.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

sb hermit posted:

as someone from los angeles it has to be the fries, whenever i get a burrito with avocado and no fries it's just called a burrito

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

jokes posted:

Mr. Biden are you a bad enough dude to enact the Acts of Sortition, and destroy political factionalism?

im here for it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i would also like to increase the los angeles city council, to, say, 2000 members.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
people always yelling at me saying "you cant just increase the city council to 2000 people" and im here saying, well, why not? lets give it a shot. i was under the impression that here, in the frontier, west of the mississippi and beyond the rockies we were supposed to unshackled from the conservativism that has wracked our nation since its inception. john locke gave us perfect freedom and the onus is on us to use it. to this i say hooray and amen, but a secular, deist amen, in the franklinian spirit, of course.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i mean, chicago has dozens of alderman, we could at the very least match the dowdy and plain folk of the midwest

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The year is 2048. The LA City Council has added representatives from across the state. Riots erupt in Fresno as twelve newly "elected" councillors are forced to take the oath of office and start saying "the 99". The Olympic flame rages on at the Coliseum with no end to the Games in sight. The Blue Line completes its extension to Las Vegas. An army of cloned Huells Howser eats Dodger Stadium. Mike Trout still has no ring.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

CPColin posted:

Huells Howser

lmao

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

CPColin posted:

The year is 2048. The LA City Council has added representatives from across the state. Riots erupt in Fresno as twelve newly "elected" councillors are forced to take the oath of office and start saying "the 99". The Olympic flame rages on at the Coliseum with no end to the Games in sight. The Blue Line completes its extension to Las Vegas. An army of cloned Huells Howser eats Dodger Stadium. Mike Trout still has no ring.

dispatch the avocado eating dogs and animal style double doubles posthaste, perhaps we may delay them long enough to find a permanent solution

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

CPColin posted:

An army of cloned Huells Howser eats Dodger Stadium.

[Thousands of identical voices in perfect unison] Wow! That's amazing!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i mean, chicago has dozens of alderman, we could at the very least match the dowdy and plain folk of the midwest

As a former Chicagoan you really, really do not want the Chicago Alderman Experience™. Granted a huge part of that is Chicago's style of old school acceptable corruption so idk maybe it'd work differently out here.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I love California's Gold so much. Huell was a treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkAQVVNN_Y

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 2, 2023

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sydin posted:

As a former Chicagoan you really, really do not want the Chicago Alderman Experience™. Granted a huge part of that is Chicago's style of old school acceptable corruption so idk maybe it'd work differently out here.

Nah, sounds like a natural fit for the LA city council

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I love California's Gold so much. Huell was a treasure
This 1000000x
The patron saint and heart of California was an okie

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The only thing I know about Chicago Aldermen is that the ER doc with the walking disability covered his Syphillis diagnosis and it was Big Drama for 30 minutes.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Jesus loving Christ

I thought this thread couldn't get this bad.

French fries in a god drat burrito?

WTF are you guys eating?

The Greek place down the street puts fries in their gyros and I refuse to go there because of that.

No... no, dear god no

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
fööd, much like, language… IS whatEVER u 🤣🤣 want it 2B

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Jesus loving Christ

I thought this thread couldn't get this bad.

French fries in a god drat burrito?

WTF are you guys eating?

The Greek place down the street puts fries in their gyros and I refuse to go there because of that.

No... no, dear god no

how do you feel about loaded fries? trying to pin down if the wrapper is the problem, or the filling

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fries in a burrito is one thing, potatoes is a different thing, home fries is another thing.

But crispy fries freshly woven into a burrito w/ asada is the ideal to which all other burritos aspire to. Also, add beans.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

If you aren't eating fries in your kebabs that's a you problem

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

how do you feel about loaded fries? trying to pin down if the wrapper is the problem, or the filling

Potatoes do not belong in a tortilla... unless its a breakfast burrito.

jokes posted:

Fries in a burrito is one thing, potatoes is a different thing, home fries is another thing.

But crispy fries freshly woven into a burrito w/ asada is the ideal to which all other burritos aspire to. Also, add beans.

Beans should never not be in a burrito.

Beans, meat, pico de gallo should always be in a burrito. Rice is nice. Upgrade and add avocado. Sometimes sour cream or cheese if you are feeling like a fatty. Salsa on the side please. BBQ sauce if you are trying to make your girlfriend happy.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

As far as I'm concerned, a burrito isn't a burrito without a distinct starch and a protein.

Beans and steak? Burrito.

Rice and beans? Burrito.

Beans and cheese? Burrito.

Eggs and bacon? Believe it or not, this is not a burrito-- it's a breakfast burrito, a similar species but an entirely different genus.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Breakfast burritos with eggs, bacon, and beans is amazing.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FlapYoJacks posted:

Breakfast burritos with eggs, bacon, and beans is amazing.

Pop potatoes in that bad boy, swap the bacon with chorizo, now we're talkin'

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Potatoes do not belong in a tortilla... unless its a breakfast burrito..

Better tell Mexico that

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Sometimes [...]cheese

only the zodiac killer would say this

...mods?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
god, there's a tamale lady that sets up outside my local bar. the tamales are good, but she also does these potato taquitos that are just to die for

going back on topic, i know we just had the diversion about newsome pledging to select a black woman if the senate seat opens up, but is it clear if there is a front runner or designated successor he has in mind? i'm assuming it's not barbara lee since it feels like she's way out on gavin's left

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

BBQ sauce in a burrito

Listen I have no strong opinions on fries in a burrito but what the actual gently caress are you trying to pull here, this is on the level of New York's hosed up burritos with like cucumbers and cream cheese.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i've seen bbq quesadillas occasionally, i really don't know that i've ever seen a burrito with bbq sauce. maybe if you count korean style marinade as bbq sauce?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

SlimGoodbody posted:

Listen I have no strong opinions on fries in a burrito but what the actual gently caress are you trying to pull here, this is on the level of New York's hosed up burritos with like cucumbers and cream cheese.

Every woman I've dated puts bbq sauce on their burrito... idk

You bring home burritos, they unwrap it, and put a dab of bbq each time they take a bite

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 2, 2023

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Fozzy The Bear posted:

BBQ sauce if you are trying to make your girlfriend happy.

You disgust me.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fozzy The Bear posted:

You bring home burritos, they unwrap it, and put a dab of bbq each time they take a bite

Wjat the gently caress.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

This is the Omaha Sushi of burritos.

quote:

If one woman you date puts BBQ on her burrito, it's a her problem. If every woman you date puts BBQ on her burrito, it's a you problem.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Does anybody know if legally Gavbot can appoint himself? It's certainly been done in other states.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Fozzy The Bear posted:

You're thinking of pizza, which is an easy mistake as they're both sandwiches.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fozzy The Bear posted:

What in the name of God

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Are you confusing hot sauce with bbq sauce?

Also I'm assuming it's a pretty small sample size :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

bbq sauce on a burrito? california thread sounding more like arkansas