Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Infinity Gaia posted:

I didn't even know you could GET two 5* LC's in a row from the standard banner.

Rules... are made to be broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Clarste posted:

Her follow-ups on weakness breaks seem kinda limited utility, imo. Or rather, is she good on bosses? Because bosses are the hard part.

It can make a difference on bosses with adds, but there are definitely five stars I wish I'd picked instead of her.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

It can make a difference on bosses with adds, but there are definitely five stars I wish I'd picked instead of her.

For the free 5 star at 300 rolls I've honestly got no clue who'd i'd pick. Bailu maybe? I presume Welt would be the pro pick tho

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

welt is an obvious pick since he fills a niche as the only imaginary type

on the other hand by the time you (proverbial) pull 300 times your situation might be drastically different so who knows

i wanna get bronya tho

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
At this point I would take any 5* game would give me, my newbie 50 pull was yanqing when I already had seele and sushang leveled up while the standard banner keeps giving me gimmicky 5* LC that I can't really use. Really glad I got tingyun at least, she is good.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

AParadox posted:

At this point I would take any 5* game would give me, my newbie 50 pull was yanqing when I already had seele and sushang leveled up while the standard banner keeps giving me gimmicky 5* LC that I can't really use. Really glad I got tingyun at least, she is good.

Tingyun is very happy to be buffing your best DPS all the time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

World 6 down. The Hunt is definitely amazing here, but I kept getting unlucky with people dying in the boss fight. Even this time I barely won because I wasted the Path Resonance early by accident.

Almost won this myself using The Hunt as well...But getting real bad RNG on phase 2 going from power up - > immediate ult due to enemy Bronya using combat redeployment hosed me enough that I stalled out at 48~% on the last lifebar. Jealous you managed it.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

MadHat posted:

Tingyun is very happy to be buffing your best DPS all the time.

She also enjoys slapping the poo poo out of enemies with the stats she borrows from her buffed unit.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Tingyun seems pretty good (especially for a 4*) but I've been subbing Welt in for her lately. Feels like the choice is between making Seele 1/3 better or having another 2/3 of the DPS but with CC and imaginary damage.

But it's kinda hard to gauge the overall effectiveness.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Picked the Preservation Light Cone as my first from Herta's shop on a whim, wondered for a while if I should have gotten the Destruction one for Clara instead, decided to commit to it, got Clara's five-star Light Cone as my first five-star of the standard banner. Better lucky than good. (Definitely would have preferred a character, though.) About 2/3 of the way to pity two on Seele's banner.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I get to the last stage of the boss and his two buddies with shields just completely destroy my dudes. I guess I should save ults specifically for when they come on field or something

You pretty much have a handful of choices:

1) When Phase 3 begins, unleash the loving fury to take out at least one of his sidekicks before Shield For All comes down. That means skills, ults, path resonances, things that hurt.

1a) If you are built out for massive rapid damage, i.e. a Hunt build with heavy hitters, that's obviously easier.

1b) Or if you're going the Remembrance route, others have suggested that you can spam Freeze effects long enough for your units to knock one down before the Shield hits. I have had mixed results there, but it can happen.

2) If you can't do that, and Shield goes up, that could be a big problem. But...

2a) If your build is DoT-based (i.e. Sampo on Nihility path), you might be able to lay enough DoT effects on them that you burn through the Shield effect quickly.

2b) If you went Preservation and got every shield-elated buff in the world, including the ones that cause damage to attackers when you are hit, you might be able to get them to basically kill their shield with their own hits.

All of the a)s and b)s above require pretty careful selection of your blessings and curios, and some trial and error to find the right pairings.

3) If 1 and 2 fail, you will get a tower shield up your dropchute.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Good Citizen posted:

I’d believe it with enough damage reduction. Abundance focus seems hella good

Outside whatever is going on in that solo run, stacking Abundance gives you enough of everything to survive the boss's bullshit, and you'll do a ton of damage with a couple Dewdrop blessings.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
trip report, mr koski is indeed good.

Once he gets his dots up he can just build skill points for the rest of the team.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Whew, tried it again and cleared pretty effortlessly. Choosing the 2 uses of the Hunt power + "regain power on defeated enemy" was the way to go, letting you feed off her adds went a huge way to helping getting Bronya down passively during phase 2 as well.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Clarste posted:

Her follow-ups on weakness breaks seem kinda limited utility, imo. Or rather, is she good on bosses? Because bosses are the hard part.

It's incredible against bosses that summon adds, which is a lot of them, and I am pretty sure she gets additional charges when you break a boss so it will always trigger on them on a break.

She's an AoE character at her core so a Hunt path like Seele is obviously going to do more work on a single target, but the free roomba pizza slicer is good.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

No Pants posted:

Outside whatever is going on in that solo run, stacking Abundance gives you enough of everything to survive the boss's bullshit, and you'll do a ton of damage with a couple Dewdrop blessings.

Yeah I haven’t cleared World 6 yet but it is really starting to seem like the ‘best one’. It doesn’t just full heal you ridiculously often, it gives a ton of damage and max hp and debuff clear and other stuff too.

If you really get it running it makes you pretty unstoppable

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oh is that all. Fortunately it's a planet in a sci-fi game so I'll be done in half an hour.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

She's *incredibly* good at bosses that spawn in adds, which is a whole lot of them; the effect is magnified even further if the boss calls in adds repeatedly, like the first major boss on the station or Svarog. Being able to incidentally wipe out entire waves of summoned adds without ever devoting any direct actions to them is very useful and strong.

She falls flat on her face completely against any pure single target bosses, though, where her contributions are "decently powerful but not terribly impressive attacks that cost a skill point" and "maintains permanent burn after A2".

She's honestly so useful for farming stuff that I'm fairly happy that she's the only damage-dealing 5* I've gotten, though.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 2, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Whew, tried it again and cleared pretty effortlessly. Choosing the 2 uses of the Hunt power + "regain power on defeated enemy" was the way to go, letting you feed off her adds went a huge way to helping getting Bronya down passively during phase 2 as well.

I'm jelly of your Bailu what I wouldn't give for all of her qualities:

1. Lightning unit
2. A healer unit
3. Isn't Nat

I'll actually definitely pick her over Welt for my guarantee lol

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hit TL30/Equilibrium Level 2 last night. I've settled on my main team being Natasha/FireMC/Seele/rotating between Serval, Himeko, and Sampo depending on needs.

How should I be prioritizing getting level up materials? Character Level > Light Cone > Traces > Relics?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

Oh is that all. Fortunately it's a planet in a sci-fi game so I'll be done in half an hour.

I had so much fun harassing that poor space!amazon employee for links. :allears:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I was reading up on Kafka's abilities and realized that she complements Sampo extremely well (her Skill is a nuke that also forces all DoTs to tick immediately and Sampo can stack DoTs extremely fast). I might actually prioritize getting her over Blade + Luocha now, though hopefully I can get all three so they can be the backbones of my 2 main teams.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I had so much fun harassing that poor space!amazon employee for links. :allears:

Same.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bruceski posted:

You tell that fucker I’m still waiting on my link.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

1stGear posted:

Hit TL30/Equilibrium Level 2 last night. I've settled on my main team being Natasha/FireMC/Seele/rotating between Serval, Himeko, and Sampo depending on needs.

How should I be prioritizing getting level up materials? Character Level > Light Cone > Traces > Relics?

Relics are going to be a big pile of raw stats, but is an investment with no really good way to farm xp (relative to the amount required) so you pick some level limit to get everything to. I've seen people say 6, I went full 12 on my main DD folks but 6 or 9 is probably the best bang for your buck. Curve gets steep afterward. Getting the *ideal* relics is definitely low priority, but getting something there is useful. Looks like 5* ones come into play at Trailblazer 40, right around/after where current quests end, so purples are going to last you a while.

I think you have the others in the right order. Character level and Light Cone leveling is very easy for four characters, the xp is common and you only need materials to ascend. Traces are good, but take more materials for each one so look at what you want to prioritize.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also I like Welt but I feel like it wont be long before they throw out a free 4* Imaginary unit to help cover your elements anyway. They do give everybody a free QQ for Quantum, after all

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to track how close to a pity pull I am?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I'm jelly of your Bailu what I wouldn't give for all of her qualities:

1. Lightning unit
2. A healer unit
3. Isn't Nat

I'll actually definitely pick her over Welt for my guarantee lol

I'm thinking this now after wanting Welt for a while. I need another healer besides Natasha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

m.hache posted:

manually counting yourself, or using a tracker website

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

m.hache posted:

Open the warp menu and view details on the banner you're interested in, then count pages. Five pulls are listed per page.

There's also a paimon.moe equivalent but I didn't see a manual method to upload pulls easily like genshin without running a powershell script, so I didn't bother with that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

don't sleep on bat mc imo

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Welt owns because you'll be fighting a bunch of poor miners with, like, pickaxes and scrapped together armor and you just summon a loving black hole on them.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

My highest single hit so far is ~16.5k in the simulated universe with icesword boy ulting a status-broken, frozen boss, with bronya and fire mc's buffs both active and his passive/previous action buff active. It was glorious. His build is super scuffed right now too, without a great lightcone or leveled relics.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Biggest hit personally was against the doomsday dragon when it's defense is down so it takes a bunch of damage. Stacked a Seele ult with Bronya ult, skill, tingyun ult and seele's spped boost, at level 50 I hit 112k damage.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Been playing on and off at a slow pace (just hit a quest wall that wants me to be at Trailblazer level 15 and I'm 13), been feeding tickets to the Seele banner and got mostly trash + two Natashas

i guess i'll keep feeding the thing tickets but I'm still having a good time so far with the game

I dunno about going full open wallet on this though, seems dangerous (this is still my first serious gacha attempt for the most part)

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Really enjoying this, and never played genshin or any of their other games before.
I managed to pull Seele and Bailu, using alongside Fire MC, but unsure of who to round out the team with. Using Herta at the moment as I pulled her 4 star light cone, but I feel investing in her has been a mistake, I've just got used to her and not thought about it much.

Doug Sisk fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 3, 2023

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Played the foxian beauty chat catfishing quest as MCishly as possible and managed to get a premium membership in the service and send them so many credits they felt bad for me and gave them back

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doug Sisk posted:

I managed to pull Seele and Bailu, using alongside Fire MC, but unsure of who to round out the team with. Using Herta at the moment as I pulled her 4 star light cone, but I feel investing in her has been a mistake, I've just got used to her and not thought about it much.
Seele/Bailu/Fire MC is a strong enough core you can use whoever in the fourth slot. I'd probably just rotate based on elements this early on. In terms of long term, a buffer like Tingyun or Asta would be good, though Asta would overlap element-wise.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Are there any good harmony LCs to look out for for Tingyun? ATM I just have a 4* one that boosts atk for characters of the same element which would be nice in an experimental Tingyun + Serval team but not very relevant to my current Clara team, and a 3* one that's just a simple speed boost for X turns after start of fight.

Kinda tempted to get the harmony LC off the BP even if it is a bit mid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/ah10ve/status/1653283017618489345?t=iK3bWthVuhR2DJnv6gOIFA&s=19