Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m saving my tokens for High Evolutionary

I saved all last season and have the full 6000. I was going to use it to get Thanos, but I kinda want to try the new hotness before he gets nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Youremother posted:

Goose is my pool 3 card right now. Should I take it? It would feel pretty good in my Sera deck and my C2... I'm really hoping to get Death or maybe Dracula though.

I would say, generally, Death is way more flexible than Goose or Dracula. Dracula is good but requires a somewhat specific shell (discard or Big Card), Goose is even more niche, though still a good card. These are just my 2¢, do whatever feels right.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I wouldn't think twice about it if some of my favorite decks didn't slot Goose in easily and give me a big boost in defense, especially having an Enchantress block in my C2, but Death would open up a huge range of new decks for me... If I even get her this month. I guess I'll sit on it for a bit.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

No Wave posted:

Does he copy on reveals too? Pretty easy to make a good deck around him there'll just be some tension between him and bast maybe. Kind of an insane card tbh.

Now that you mention it it wouldn't make sense to copy on reveals since he's already revealed by that point and there's no further trigger for a top card on reveal

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
If you're p3 complete you don't get a free card when they do the series drop later in the month right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Now that you mention it it wouldn't make sense to copy on reveals since he's already revealed by that point and there's no further trigger for a top card on reveal

I think it’s more like Mystique or Absorbing Man, actually, part of their On Reveal is adopting another On Reveal and triggering it.

Bottom Liner posted:

If you're p3 complete you don't get a free card when they do the series drop later in the month right?

Yeah you do if you don’t have any of them

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
If they don't change it, when the series drop patch happens you won't see a free S3 card to pick up until the next time the cards tick over. So it might psych you out for a couple hours. But yes, you will get to choose one of them if you don't have them all.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah I think it could work either way. He's a lot more balanced as a non-reveal copier and it would explain his fat statline better.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Do we know which cards are dropping yet?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Scrap Dragon posted:

Do we know which cards are dropping yet?

we don't know for sure, but the speculation based on when the cards were originally released are knull/sentry/darkhawk/surfer as per snapzone: https://marvelsnapzone.com/news/series-drop/

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Pretty sure he copies on reveals, somebody from second dinner responded to a question on discord about an infinite loop someone had thought up with Absorbing man on top, and they said there was some recursion block hard coded into scenarios like that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

GarudaPrime posted:

Pretty sure he copies on reveals, somebody from second dinner responded to a question on discord about an infinite loop someone had thought up with Absorbing man on top, and they said there was some recursion block hard coded into scenarios like that.
Marvel snap solved the halting problem...

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Missing free variant still a bug.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CitizenKeen posted:

Missing free variant still a bug.
Yeah I just saw this post-

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1653436728106192897?s=20

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Wow I finally played against the cheating Guardians of the Galaxy tribal bot, what the gently caress is that poo poo.

EDIT: Apparently I've gone from fighting bots who are rigged to give you cubes to bots that are rigged to kick you in the dick

PlasticAutomaton fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 2, 2023

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
How is the card missing from the pass a bug? Surely they define what is on each level?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

How is the card missing from the pass a bug? Surely they define what is on each level?
I guess the bug is that they forgot to change it....

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No Wave posted:

I guess the bug is that they forgot to change it....

A programmer might call it a 'defect' instead if they were talking shop, but I'm honestly not sure the general public cares.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I look forward to my extra pixel variant

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
The season trailer showed off how all the new cards will work including Iron Lad (warning: brode is loud) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9kihJu9dc

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Wow I finally played against the cheating Guardians of the Galaxy tribal bot, what the gently caress is that poo poo.

EDIT: Apparently I've gone from fighting bots who are rigged to give you cubes to bots that are rigged to kick you in the dick

It's bizarre, because sometimes you run into an opponent who just makes an strangely obvious wrong play, and it couldn't be anything other than a bot.

At the same time, I've lost consecutive matches where it came down to pure chance regarding which lane we played the final card(s) in, and the opponent guessed correctly each time.

Also, it's rare, but I sometimes see 2 of the same location in a match - is that meant to happen?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Red posted:

Also, it's rare, but I sometimes see 2 of the same location in a match - is that meant to happen?

There's a location that turns into one of the others. You probably just weren't paying attention before it transformed, which also explains your first point there about obvious misplays (not that bots don't also do that). People play reveals into their own Cosmo all the time. It's a quick casual game, it's super easy to make an obvious mistake by not paying attention for 5 seconds.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to see if I can do something with High Evolutionary/Sauron/Enchantress/Patriot

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to see if I can do something with High Evolutionary/Sauron/Enchantress/Patriot

High Evo only gives abilities to cards that never had them, so it's not exactly a combo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Jedit posted:

High Evo only gives abilities to cards that never had them, so it's not exactly a combo.

I think they mean to get the abilities from them, remove them with chantress, then buff them with patriot. Too greedy a curve though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I put Magik in there for a turn seven, I could use the abilities from all the cards, then drop enchantress and Patriot on turn 7. Only works on one lane but could still make some big numbers

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Most of the evolved card abilities are not Ongoing

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m saving my tokens for High Evolutionary

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Holy poo poo I just played against someone with a foil level 50 Nebula variant. Money well spent in a five week season, gently caress.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
High Evolutionary is going to be cool but balanced. Iron Lad looks busted as hell though.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Nebula's pretty strong

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Iron Lad is just a combined Mystique/Absorbing Man who seems like a real crapshoot without Howard

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I know they've been showcasing Iron Lad with Galactus but I think there are a few decks that might benefit from him tbh, like say Patriot (sans Ultron), Darkhawk, big boy chonks that run Dr. Doom/BP etc, basically decks that have an effect but you're not necessarily too fussy about which effect it is since you're always putting good stats on the board at the same time. It's like a one-off, one single card Lockjaw effect with 4/6 stats every time.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
You have to be absolutely terrible at game design when the best players get matched against the worst bots and normal players struggle to gain any ground against the cheating ones.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Artelier posted:

Nebula's pretty strong

in my ~10-15 game sample size opponents massively overcommit to stopping Nebula and it's awesome

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Artelier posted:

I know they've been showcasing Iron Lad with Galactus but I think there are a few decks that might benefit from him tbh, like say Patriot (sans Ultron), Darkhawk, big boy chonks that run Dr. Doom/BP etc, basically decks that have an effect but you're not necessarily too fussy about which effect it is since you're always putting good stats on the board at the same time. It's like a one-off, one single card Lockjaw effect with 4/6 stats every time.
Yeah Jubilee and Lockjaw would both benefit I would think

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Yeah i dropped lizard for cloak after the nerf. Just dropped cloak for nebula and hot drat.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Avatars in the reserves are the absolute pits

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Quetzadilla posted:

Yeah i dropped lizard for cloak after the nerf. Just dropped cloak for nebula and hot drat.

Which deck is this? Shuri?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is black panther still worth getting without shuri?